Fave verses defending the divinity of Christ.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 4, 2023
1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
feel free to add you’re fave’s

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
John 8:58...Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
John 10:30
“I and my Father are one.”

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Mat 1:22 Now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet:
Mat 1:23 "BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US."

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Isa 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Joh 5:17 But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working."
Joh 5:18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Joh 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Joh 17:5 "Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Php 2:5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Php 2:9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
Php 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Php 2:11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Col 1:16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.
Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Heb 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
Heb 1:2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
Heb 1:3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
Heb 1:4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For to which of the angels did He ever say, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU"? And again, "I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME"?
Heb 1:6 And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says, "AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM."

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Joh 5:21 "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes.
Joh 5:22 "For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,
Joh 5:23 so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Heb 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
Heb 1:2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
Heb 1:3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
Heb 1:4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For to which of the angels did He ever say, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU"? And again, "I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME"?
Heb 1:6 And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says, "AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM."
It gets better at verses 8-10 ;)

But about the Son he says,
“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”

He also says,

“In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

ReQuiem

Jul 31, 2022
Romans 9:5
John 1:1-3
Zechariah 11:13
Zechariah 12:10
John 20:28
Revelation 22:13

And so many more; I have a list on my old phone but it is dead right now; if I manage to revive it I will post it. Then again you did not ask for exhaustive list of every verses attesting of Jesus divinity but personal favourites. So I must say I do particularly like the Zechariah 11 and 12 ones as they combine showing Jesus is God and also are some of the clearest prophecies about him.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Everyone should note that it is only in the King James Bible that this verse has been accurately presented by showing us that it was GOD (THEOS) who took human form ("manifested in the flesh") as Jesus of Nazareth. All other modern translations have expunged "God" from that verse and substituted another word. Originally a Unitarian was behind this change, or at least made sure that "God" was removed. And this in spite of the fact that all Greek manuscripts have THEOS (abbreviated in the majuscules) (other than two very corrupt manuscripts). Once again this is why Christians should stick with the KJB.

ReQuiem

Jul 31, 2022
Everyone should note that it is only in the King James Bible that this verse has been accurately presented by showing us that it was GOD (THEOS) who took human form ("manifested in the flesh") as Jesus of Nazareth. All other modern translations have expunged "God" from that verse and substituted another word. Originally a Unitarian was behind this change, or at least made sure that "God" was removed. And this in spite of the fact that all Greek manuscripts have THEOS (abbreviated in the majuscules) (other than two very corrupt manuscripts). Once again this is why Christians should stick with the KJB.
Read numbers 14:34; the KJV translation is so bad it actually says God breaks his promises. This is why christians should stick to the NKJV. :p
(In all seriousness, christians should first stick with a Bible they will read; nearly all translations are decent if you avoid really heretical one like the new world translation and the passion translation; now the NKJV is the closest to original hebrew/arameic and greek texts while remaining very readable; but I'm pretty sure a believer can still reach a pretty decent understanding with other translations; of course, nothing beats the interlinear but that's for another day. ^^)

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

ReQuiem

Jul 31, 2022
Jeremiah 17:10 -> Revelation 2:23

Exodus 3:14; Deuteronomy 32:39; Isaiah 41:4; Isaiah 43:10; Isaiah 46:4; Isaiah 48:12; Isaiah 51:12; Isaiah 52:6-> John 8:25; John 8:58; John 18:5; John 18:8 (John 10:33)

Isaiah 44:6->Revelation 1:8->Revelation 22:13-16

These are verses that shows parallels between Yahweh talking in the O.T and Jesus in the N.T.

Titus 2:13
2 Peter 1:1

And here are some bonus ones.

Hope it helped. God bless.

PS: To be clear on some of the earlier one I posted and these ones; some display that Jesus is God because when an angel is worshiped he says "stand up and worship God alone"; but Jesus did not correct Thomas when he called him "My Lord and my God"; so either Jesus is a blasphemer taking God's glory for himself; or he is God.