favorite verses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
here's a list of mine, more can be added here

whenever I'm tempted to ask "why do I even want God in the first place?"
we love because he loved us (1 John 4:19)
when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself (John 12:32)

anytime I feel that I can't even come to God or feel apart from God
For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all thing (1 John 3:20)
God is capable of compassionate understanding, and John 3:17

anytime I doubt my sincerity, for assurance of salvation
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26)
read my testimony to see why

none has been lost (John 17:12)
Therefore, salvation cannot be lost

my favorite rhetorical question on salvation topics: isn't it a nice feeling when doubts just "be quiet"? (assured and etheral) <-- my intent for this thread is to collect the best of bible verses, to "armor up" for all possible "case scenarios" life can throw at us, given how struggle for assurance is so common, this question have "earned it's place" in my book, hence "rejoice that your name is written in heaven" (Luke 10:20)

when being overwhelmed by temptation
Luke 10:20 - rejoice (keyword: rejoice) that your name is written in heaven
1 Cor 10:13 - God will give us a way out

when feeling thankless
meditate on Phil 4:8 - whatever is good, of good report, etc.

for faith
faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17)

for meditative prayer
God even exist in the void of Genesis 1:2 (even Genesis 1:2 becomes interesting!)

be faithful in prayer (Romans 12:12)
this is self-explanatory

when I want spiritual efficiency, to rely on God instead of struggling
the Lord will fight for you, you only need to be still (Exodus 14:14)

to praise God
exalted (Psalms 46:10)
utmost! (Hebrews 7:25)

to remind me why context is important
Thou shall not (Exodus 20) rightly divide the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15) lol

to keep believing in God
prefrontal cortex (see @calibob for more information) and Psalms 139:14

the balanced understanding of God's character
John 8:7 and John 8:11

to remind me the purpose of how prayer can serve others
Eph 6:18 - keep on praying for all the Lord's people

incase if Christians are being accused of being narrowed-mineded, and also for witnessing and being a testimony
Romans 11:14 - to provoke the envy to save the unsaved

if no one desires Jesus with burning envy, as long as there's alternative, no one will come to Jesus, no one will get saved

when being persecuted by the anger of other people
the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God (James 1:20)
and Romans 12:19

to be encouraged for witnessing and being a testimony
few are chosen (Matthew 22:14) (hint: few is greater than none, therefore there is hope)

anytime I worry about "being held accountable for what I know about the bible" and satan can abuse that worry to deter me from reading the bible
Do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is (Eph 5:17)

and I can imagine God being a commander in chief, with authoritative command on that verse, and I say "yes sir" with a soldier like salute

and, God want us to understand his will, and that comes from the Bible, so God wants us to be knowledgable about the Holy Bible as well.

and this explains why I have Eph 5:17 as my favorite verse in the about me section of my profile

and more will be added as I learn more about God, the Bible, and I want to know, what are some of your favorite verses relative to each situations you've been through, please list them in the comment section down below

powerful OP!

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa

For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all thing (1 John 3:20)

With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26)

my favorite rhetorical question on salvation topics: isn't it a nice feeling when doubts just "be quiet"? (assured and etheral) <-- my intent for this thread is to collect the best of bible verses, to "armor up" for all possible "case scenarios" life can throw at us, given how struggle for assurance is so common, this question have "earned it's place" in my book, hence "rejoice that your name is written in heaven" (Luke 10:20)

when feeling thankless

for faith

for meditative prayer
God even exist in the void of Genesis 1:2 (even Genesis 1:2 becomes interesting!)

this is self-explanatory

to praise God

Thou shall not (Exodus 20) rightly divide the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15) lol

to keep believing in God

incase if Christians are being accused of being narrowed-mineded, and also for witnessing and being a testimony

if no one desires Jesus with burning envy, as long as there's alternative, no one will come to Jesus, no one will get saved

few are chosen (Matthew 22:14) (hint: few is greater than none, therefore there is hope)

anytime I worry about "being held accountable for what I know about the bible" and satan can abuse that worry to deter me from reading the bible

and I can imagine God being a commander in chief, with authoritative command on that verse, and I say "yes sir" with a soldier like salute

and, God want us to understand his will, and that comes from the Bible, so God wants us to be knowledgable about the Holy Bible as well.

and this explains why I have Eph 5:17 as my favorite verse in the about me section of my profile

and more will be added as I learn more about God, the Bible, and I want to know, what are some of your favorite verses relative to each situations you've been through, please list them in the comment section down below

powerful OP!
Ty ....bookmarked....lol

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
And my hand reached to the riches of the peoples like a nest, And as one gathers abandoned eggs, I gathered all the earth; And there was not one that flapped its wing or opened its beak or chirped.” Is the axe to boast itself over the one who chops with it? Is the saw to exalt itself over the one who wields it? That would be like a club wielding those who lift it, Or like a rod lifting him who is not wood.
Isaiah 10:14‭-‬15 NASB

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa

when feeling thankless

for faith

for meditative prayer

this is self-explanatory

to praise God

to keep believing in God

powerful OP!
How are you? I have been praying that God would give you strength and peace. Also that He would bring about your healing and increase your faith! God has a blessing for you,we sometimes just have to wait and be in the right place to recieve! He knows the desires of your heart! Continue to refresh your soul in the scriptures that are a balm to your heart. Blessings!🌞🌞🌞

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
The entire chapter of John 9. How I would have loved to seen that all unfold. I would have wept for joy at witnessing a blind man gain his sight. Hallelujah! It also would have been neat to see Jesus put certain people in their place.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Then you will say on that day, “I will give thanks to You, O Lord ; For although You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, And You comfort me. Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord G od is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.” Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation. And in that day you will say, “Give thanks to the Lord , call on His name. Make known His deeds among the peoples; Make them remember that His name is exalted.” Praise the Lord in song, for He has done excellent things; Let this be known throughout the earth.
Isaiah 12:1‭-‬5 NASB

Yummy, He tastes soooo good.

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019
I have so many but in this season of my walk...

Isaiah 50:7

For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.