Favourite Bible Translations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 23, 2013
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Luke 19:10, KJV
Ok so what’s your point, that’s how a person is saved. Now go look at the verses that explain how you’re born again.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
I just posted the verses for you APPARENTLY you don’t read my replies. 😊

Saved - call on the name of the Lord.
Born Again - read the incorruptible word of God.

Excuse me.....but I wouldnt reply IF I didnt read your posts.
Im not waitng here with bated breath though......

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The verse about the incorruptible word of God isn’t capitalized because every translator who ever translated that verse knew it was talking about the scripture.
You claim Bibles are corrupted. You go to great lengths in attempting to prove they are, but the funny thing is? That same NASB passage you have so much trouble seeing what it actually says in the proper context, if written exactly the same way in the KJV, you would have no problem understanding and accepting. Such is the enormity of your prejudice and bias, though you claim to have neither.

Nov 23, 2013
No I believe we are to be transformedby the renewing of our minds into a Christ like walk and way of thinking.
Silly is the way you move about in what you think.
I dont doubt that for a minute that you know scripture but do you know Spirit breathed scripture revelation?
Is it enough just to be able to quote the word?
I’m just putting up random scripture and if you think that’s what I’m doing, it’s an indictment against you.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
1Pe 1:23 (KJV) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

All of y’all have been taught that saved and born again are the same thing. That teaching DOES NOT come from the Bible. 1 Peter 1:23 explains how a BELIEVER (not a lost person) is born again.

Act 2:21 (KJV) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:21 explains exactly how a LOST PERSON is saved.

Born again and saved ARE NOT the same thing.

WOW

Nov 23, 2013
You claim Bibles are corrupted. You go to great lengths in attempting to prove they are, but the funny thing is? That same NASB passage you have so much trouble seeing what it actually says in the proper context, if written exactly the same way in the KJV, you would have no problem understanding and accepting. Such is the enormity of your prejudice and bias, though you claim to have neither.
I have never said ANY BIBLE is corrupt from cover to cover. And I've had enough of all this. You guys have it. :)

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
I’m just putting up random scripture and if you think that’s what I’m doing, it’s an indictment against you.

See silly, I never said that at all.
My judge is the word of the Lord so I have no fear of your proclamations!

Nov 23, 2013
See silly, I never said that at all.
My judge is the word of the Lord so I have no fear of your proclamations!
I have nothing against you and I don't want you to fear me. The things you are saying ARE NOT biblical and the word of the Lord will judge you for that.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Correct. If God has not preserved His word in the majority of Hebrew and Greek manuscripts, then the doctrine of the divine preservation of Scripture fails. But in fact, He has.
Fallacy: appeal to the majority.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Correct. If God has not preserved His word in the majority of Hebrew and Greek manuscripts, then the doctrine of the divine preservation of Scripture fails. But in fact, He has.
Inspiration without preservation is useless.