Favourite Bible Translations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Primarily, you should have need to listen to His words, before anyone else.
I do listen to his words, and I desire to know every word, which is why I refuse to give any translators words a pass, but I do what God commanded and test all spirit,

E

eternally-gratefull

Because my proposition is correct that they can be used interchangeably using the Bible.
Nope they can not, your still wrong, and this just shows you do not have a knowledge of Greek

E

eternally-gratefull

Now you are seeing nothing wrong when phileo is used as the love of God, hence. your “two COMPLETELY different thing” have left you by many modern Scholars and agreeing rather to my proposition
In this passages no, I see nothing wrong with them.

E

eternally-gratefull

So actually, you are the one saying “you can’t” meaning “I can’t” that certainly proves your prejudices against me. Perhaps that too is personal, off the topic. John 21 rather proves my assertion than yours simply looking at the context. Verse 17 does all the commentary. From the gospel writer John says “ he said to him THE THIRD TIME”. What? The Greek mentioned 2 Greek verb for agapao and 1 phileo, yet the gospel writer is saying Jesus said to Peter the third time.
God used two words, he had a purpose to use two words

if you were right he would have used the same word every time.

but you proving your point tru ps everything, so will leave you to your flawed understanding

my eyes were open to Gods true love, I have a deeper understanding of that passage, an understanding you will never find, for that I am sorry

E

eternally-gratefull

And yet this kind of post is another of saying the KJV is incorrect while you haven't disprove it wrong. Seems to me your opinion is going higher without taking the English word "another" and since your proposal needs to be check in many lexicon as you like, then can you cite to me the link or sources of your Greek definition and why the KJV translators were wrong? You have done nothing of justifying yours.
Your have proven your blindness. And true bias.

good day sir, I leave you to your cult

anyone with a true open mind can test what i said. I did it for their sake not yours,

E

eternally-gratefull

This thread has descended into fodder for atheists.
yep, I agree, they love when these things happen. Some one asks a serious question and once again a thread is hijacked by a cult. I am sure God is quite happy

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Thats for sure. Christians trying to convince others Christians that the Bible’s are inaccurate.... insanity.

Hard to believe the perfection of the Bible has to be defended on a Christian site.
It's because perfection is being asserted, that people question it. If perfection was not asserted, what is there to question?
The job of the Bible was not to be perfect. It was Jesus' job, and Jesus accomplished that. The Bible only had to accomplish the job God intended it for the Bible - inform people about Jesus, so they can also be perfected. Moses stuttered, was imperfect and lacking as a speaker, but delivered the message to the people. Same with the letter of the Bible. It's about the message being perfect, not the vehicle that delivers the message.

E

eternally-gratefull

Paul quoted the OT in his letters. he wrote them in Greek. therefore he was writing OT verses in Greek. so did Peter. so did John.
The conquerors made everyone in their territories learn Greek so everyone could understand each other, it’s a known fact. People in Israel were probably proficient in Arabic, Hebrew and Greek, but these people will never admit anything that may prove them wromg

E

eternally-gratefull

We’re born again by the incorruptible word of God that means the Bible isn’t corrupt.

Anybody can hire translators and slap the title Holy Bible on it but that doesn’t make it a Bible.
Yet the KJV is a translation.
as you said anyone can translate,

Nov 23, 2013
It's because perfection is being asserted, that people question it. If perfection was not asserted, what is there to question?
The job of the Bible was not to be perfect. It was Jesus' job, and Jesus accomplished that. The Bible only had to accomplish the job God intended it for the Bible - inform people about Jesus, so they can also be perfected. Moses stuttered, was imperfect, but delivered the message to the people. Same with the letter of the Bible.
Do you have some scripture to support the idea that the Bible is not supposed to be perfect? Or scripture to support the idea that the only purpose of the Bible is to inform people of Christ.

E

eternally-gratefull

I just posted the verses for you APPARENTLY you don’t read my replies. 😊

Saved - call on the name of the Lord.
Born Again - read the incorruptible word of God.
That’s funny, Jesus told nicodemus how to be born again, and he did not mention scripture, he told us the way to be born again is to believe that God sent his one and only son that whoever believed will live forever (born again)

the penalty od sin is death the gift of God is life

E

eternally-gratefull

Every BELIEVER was formerly lost. Now post the verses that explain how that BELIEVER is born again.
john 3. How to be born again
14 And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 so that everyone who [e]believes will have eternal life in Him.

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. 18 The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Nov 23, 2013
That’s funny, Jesus told nicodemus how to be born again, and he did not mention scripture, he told us the way to be born again is to believe that God sent his one and only son that whoever believed will live forever (born again)

the penalty od sin is death the gift of God is life
How about posting that scripture where Jesus told nicodemus how to be born again.

Nov 23, 2013
john 3. How to be born again
14 And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 so that everyone who [e]believes will have eternal life in Him.

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. 18 The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
That tells us how to get saved. Post the scripture that tells us how to get born again.

E

eternally-gratefull

When you get to heaven you can explain to God why you thought the KJV wasn’t translated properly.
No you can explain to him why you thought an English Bible is perfect, when it’s impossible and then ask him why he only gave us a perfect bible 1500 some years after it was written, and only in a language most of the world could not and still can not read

i will have more important things to ask God