FEAR

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 13, 2019
FEAR is false evidence appearing real, don't limit yourself by fear, fear is a mountain, barrier, limitation, distraction, name it. Your fears will age you, it will deny you access to knowledge, understanding, it will deny you access to your inheritance in christ Jesus, Jesus said" fear not I will be with you to the end... "

K

KnowMe

A music artist Zach Williams has a song (fear is a liar) many have become victims of those lies.

K

KnowMe

though there is a concept of a healthy fear.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Faith the size of a mustard seed can move those mountains of fear :)

Thank you Jesus! :love:

Jan 6, 2019
A music artist Zach Williams has a song (fear is a liar) many have become victims of those lies.
Francesca Battistelli also has a song called The Breakup Song, about breaking up with fear:

Adelia

Apr 18, 2018
according to scripture fear is a spirit and God does not give us a spirit of fear 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
3 types of fear
1. fear that stems from flesh
2. fear of the devil
3. Godly fear

Godly fear is healthy to one's soul

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Luke 12
2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Dec 12, 2013
FEAR is false evidence appearing real, don't limit yourself by fear, fear is a mountain, barrier, limitation, distraction, name it. Your fears will age you, it will deny you access to knowledge, understanding, it will deny you access to your inheritance in christ Jesus, Jesus said" fear not I will be with you to the end... "
There is a balance and fear is utilized many ways in the bible...

The fear of the Lord is clean

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom

Jesus said to FEAR HIM WHICH CAN KILL AND CAST INTO HELL

Whatsoever God does, it is everlasting, nothing added or taken away from it and God does this so that men may fear before him

But also....True love casts out all fear....

A balance for sure!!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
To fear in the Word many times is to honor or to repect………. When we respect our Father's power we should automatically fear His ability……….

O

obedienttogod

Sadly, fear is the mechanism by which our Adversary thrives upon. Outside the fact there is a real evil force against us that is unseen and invisible. Some people allow this to manipulate them. What you cannot see you must fear...I cannot literally see my Lord and Savior Yeshua but we seem never to fear Him. We cannot physically see our Heavenly Father which we also do not fear. We cannot see the Holy Spirit that dwells within us and we clearly do not fear the Holy Spirit. So, how is it we cannot see the Father-Yeshua-Holy Spirit without having fear concerning them, but the simple CREATION from God we know as our Adversary and the 1/3 fallen angels can lead to some people being scared to death of them?

Makes no sense at all!!

God is invisible and we do not fear Him.
The enemy, which is ONLY the creation of our God, is also invisible, and millions are scared like he is the real boogie man.

If you have God on your side, how is it possible to then fear the creation of God?

Obviously, God the Creator, is more powerful than His Creation!!

So how is it possible to fear the CREATION??

Feb 28, 2016
AMEN, Brother Jaume,
He has life and death and all in-between, in the palm of His hand...

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There is a well-known saying: "The only thing to fear is fear itself". Therefore you will find "Fear Not" repeated over and over again in Scripture. In spite of that, too many Christians become fearful. But fear is the exact opposite of faith.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So how is it possible to fear the CREATION??
Why would anyone fear creation? We can understand people fearing some fearsome creatures. But if you leave them alone, they will generally leave you alone.

Human beings have been encroaching on the territories of wild animals for a long time. So it should not be surprising if those wild fearsome creatures resent that.

O

obedienttogod

Why would anyone fear creation? We can understand people fearing some fearsome creatures. But if you leave them alone, they will generally leave you alone.

Human beings have been encroaching on the territories of wild animals for a long time. So it should not be surprising if those wild fearsome creatures resent that.

I totally agree with your assessment.

I am a big guy that looks like a biker/redneck/inbred hillbilly that most people choose to walk on the other side of the street to avoid me. I would give you the shirt off of my back if you needed it. But some people look at me and their knees grow weak :(

I am thankful that God gave me this understanding concerning how others view me. I mean, I have asked people, "why are you avoiding me?" And some have honestly answered, "you look like you could rip the rear end off of an elephant just because you felt like it."

That gave me a lot of perspective.

And it allowed me to apply it to how some people view the invisible Adversary and his demonic entities and principalities. It all boiled down to Creator vs Creation.

If the CREATOR lives within me, how is it possible to ever fear the CREATION??

Oddly enough, that is what flipped the light switch to on position for me and it seems ever since then many now include me in spiritual warfare. I guess ultimately it allowed me to see things in the correct perspective. I live around bears and mountain lions and why I have these massive Tibetan Mastiffs to protect my property and livestock. But I have encountered twice mountain lions outside the confides where my dogs are capable of getting to. Both occasions I looked at the lion and said, "Get thee behind me in the NAME of Yeshua." I am big enough and strong enough to fend for myself against these animals. But I have notice when I talk to my dogs about Yeshua, they settle down like they understand WHO I AM speaking about and I believe they do know HIM!! So, the mountains lions obviously also know Him and have to obey Him when you put God in control!!

I see the same when facing the Adversary. He knows WHO Yeshua is because he was CREATED by Yeshua. So, when I tell the Adversary to "Get thee behind me in the NAME of Yeshua," the Adversary HAS TO OBEY because he knows who Yeshua is!!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I totally agree with your assessment.

I am a big guy that looks like a biker/redneck/inbred hillbilly that most people choose to walk on the other side of the street to avoid me. I would give you the shirt off of my back if you needed it. But some people look at me and their knees grow weak :(

I am thankful that God gave me this understanding concerning how others view me. I mean, I have asked people, "why are you avoiding me?" And some have honestly answered, "you look like you could rip the rear end off of an elephant just because you felt like it."

That gave me a lot of perspective.

And it allowed me to apply it to how some people view the invisible Adversary and his demonic entities and principalities. It all boiled down to Creator vs Creation.

If the CREATOR lives within me, how is it possible to ever fear the CREATION??

Oddly enough, that is what flipped the light switch to on position for me and it seems ever since then many now include me in spiritual warfare. I guess ultimately it allowed me to see things in the correct perspective. I live around bears and mountain lions and why I have these massive Tibetan Mastiffs to protect my property and livestock. But I have encountered twice mountain lions outside the confides where my dogs are capable of getting to. Both occasions I looked at the lion and said, "Get thee behind me in the NAME of Yeshua." I am big enough and strong enough to fend for myself against these animals. But I have notice when I talk to my dogs about Yeshua, they settle down like they understand WHO I AM speaking about and I believe they do know HIM!! So, the mountains lions obviously also know Him and have to obey Him when you put God in control!!

I see the same when facing the Adversary. He knows WHO Yeshua is because he was CREATED by Yeshua. So, when I tell the Adversary to "Get thee behind me in the NAME of Yeshua," the Adversary HAS TO OBEY because he knows who Yeshua is!!
I believe everyone should read this post, an believe. I understand what you are saying about the dominion of Yeshua over all that is. All blessisngs in our dear Redeemer..........amen

O

obedienttogod

I believe everyone should read this post, an believe. I understand what you are saying about the dominion of Yeshua over all that is. All blessisngs in our dear Redeemer..........amen

Amen Brother!!

People NEED to put the right perspective in place when viewing our God. He is the CREATOR and nothing can over power, over come, and over take him and He lives inside of us!! That means everything created knows that we are filled with God, because they know who it was WHO created them!!

Dec 9, 2011
Some believe that things they can see have a greater Impact than things they can’t see.
IE
The person CAN’T see GOD and GOD Is telling them,my promises are yes and amen but then the devil Is there and the person CAN see the devil and every time the person gets ready to move towards GODs promise the devil roars at them and because of fear the person won’t move forward.