fear

  • Thread starter Thread starter stormin
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

stormin

Guest
Hi Folks

I know this may seem strange but, for some unknown reason I have suddenly developed a morbid fear of being old and dying. It just jumped up at me out of the blue. Has anyone else had this happen in their early 50's
 
There is something called male menopause. At 50, you begin to realize you are running out of time to fulfill your unfulfilled boyhood dreams. Some men actually run away from wife, home, career and family. Could this be what you are feeling?
 
Yup! :)
Hit me upside the head after my last birthday.
One I believe begins to see the frailty of the body about this time, also the signs of what no longer will grow in streangth, but that now all is moving towards the body's weakening. :)
Then one realises, wow, Im on my way home to Jesus. :)
There are many good things about growing older, take some time and see the gifts .

God bless:)
pickles
And Im old enough now that the stuff that used to be important, is no more. :)
 
Pickles, yes you are so right about things that arent important anymore, Its just for me, that I wished I would have felt this way
when I was younger. I would have saved time and and probably enjoyed life alot more. :)

GOD BLESS
 
I am just curious Pickles and mmberk; What things are no longer as important now?
I would like to know. :)
 
I am just curious Pickles and mmberk; What things are no longer as important now?
I would like to know. :)

Mostly what others think, it no longer matters , what matters is the love we are called to in Jesus.
The things one sees as needing to be done, matter little to the ones in our life and the love shown to them.
Also, the entrapments of the world, simply because, one sees what the world offers, is transitory, will pass.
One no longer is concerned about a bucket list, but life that is eternal.

I think we each have different things we think are inportant, one day though, one wakes up and sees how little such things mattered. :)

God bless
 
Mostly what others think, it no longer matters , what matters is the love we are called to in Jesus.
The things one sees as needing to be done, matter little to the ones in our life and the love shown to them.
Also, the entrapments of the world, simply because, one sees what the world offers, is transitory, will pass.
One no longer is concerned about a bucket list, but life that is eternal.

I think we each have different things we think are inportant, one day though, one wakes up and sees how little such things mattered. :)

God bless

Thanks for sharing.

It is good to be having in mind, too. ;) :)

-God Bless too-