Feast Of Tabernacles, in the light of new covenant

  • Thread starter Thread starter BarlyGurl
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sorry still don't agree with the parallel drawn.

But would like to highlight the point about God sending people out in pairs.two is better than one and three is stronger still.

It is a known engineering fact that a triangle is one of the strongest shapes and can support more weight. Just look at bridge construction.

Makes me think of the truine God..father son and holy spirit.


I agree, but the 2 rams are the focus here. What would you say they represent? Could they represent the Old and New Testaments, or Moses and Elijah representing the law and the prophets. Could be all of those in my opinion. What's yours? I'm not trying to put you on the spot, just attempting edification to happen by sharing. :)
In addition, there are 2 omers of flour, representing 2 important parts of the word of God, for 2 rams which makes the quantity of omers as 4 parts with 2 rams, so that needs to be thought about also. I think the rams are the ministers of those 2 parts. What are your thoughts about this, knowing the this particular feast will be observed during the millennial reign of Christ?

Omers could also relate to this. Corinthians 15:45
 
Last edited:
What verse again I will have to look and respond after church.

And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals unto every bullock of the thirteen bullocks, two tenth deals to each ram of the two rams, Numbers 29:14

A "deal" is an "ephah."

Now an omer is the tenth part of an ephah. Exodus 16:36
 
I would focus more on the type of offering than quanity...sin, burnt, grain, drink.
 
September 30[SUP]th[/SUP] 2015
Second day of the week is the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] being the third day of the feast.

God divides the waters with an atmosphere, then made a mist to water the ground written in Genesis 1:6-8. While Israel is gathered together, after camping out close to the Red Sea, (according to Exodus 14:2) the Egyptians were in hot pursuit, and at precisely the right time, God gives them an escape route through the Red Sea.

In Exodus 14:13 we read, “Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD.”

While God divides the waters of the Red Sea, the pillar of fire that was once in front of them goes behind them to keep the Egyptians at bay. By following, and reaching out to His instructions we can truthfully claim victory after victory against our enemy because of His power alone.

1 John 5:3-5 says it all in my opinion. “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”

They survived by following the instructions, so likewise we live by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

Jesus quotes part of Deuteronomy 8:3b to Satan that says; “And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.”

God's word is represented by the tenths of omers, which caused me to immediately think about what we call the Ten Commandments. According to what I have studied, these 10 sayings (words) of God, according to the original Hebrew language, include Exodus chapters 20 through 23. Each letter in this language is able to issue an entire paragraph of explanation becasue it is a pictorial language.

These words of Jesus are found in Matthew 4:4 “But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”

3[SUP]rd[/SUP] day=17[SUP]th[/SUP] of the month: Numbers 29:20 (KJV)
“And on the third day eleven bullocks, two rams, fourteen lambs of the first year without blemish;”

It is clear that the progression of events, ordained by God from the beginning of time, is imperative for salvation. Peter, who was with Jesus, Elijah, and Moses on the Mount of Transfiguration wrote this in 2 Peter 1:20-21 “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”

This day is clearly a representation of God’s mercy toward those who trust and believe in all His Words. It is also obvious that our heavenly Father reserves judgment for those that intentionally despise and reject His instructions. For the sake of comparing “spiritual with spiritual,” such as 1 Corinthians 2:13 says, I will quote Genesis 8:4 that reads “And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.” Fascinating, isn’t it?

The number 3(3[SUP]rd[/SUP] day of the feast) represents divine completeness and perfection.
The 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]letter means gather and walk. The plan from the beginning was manifested with the Israelites then, and completed in Christ now.

The number 11(quantity of bullocks) represents disorder and judgment
The 11[SUP]th[/SUP] letter means bend, open, allow, and tame, as the human reciprocation to God’s perfect love, instructions, and directions. Our maturity and faith is increased when we allow God’s righteous judgment to destroy our carnal nature, and mold us into His divine nature.

“And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.” Luke 17:5-6

“Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly,” 2 Corinthians 10:15

The number 17(day of the month) represents victory
The 17[SUP]th[/SUP] letter means God’s word that is given, and distributed by the persuasions of His breath, being the Holy Spirit. Knowing that this would be the last day that our Lord Jesus Christ was in the grave, it is certainly a blessing to know that He is united as One with the Father. We have victory in Jesus adhering to the Spiritual persuasions (NOT with a carnal understanding) given in the law, and the prophets, and we enter into His rest, ceasing from our own works.

“For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.”
Hebrews 4:10

“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” 1 John 5:4
 
The whole number thing makes my eyes glaze. Sorry.

I do believe there is things to be learned by studying the feast but I don't know about this whole significance with numbers. Many mystics and wiccans I know spend hours talking about it.

I kind of wandered off or skimmed those parts. However I am glad for this thread.

Especially since the feast is scheduled to start the night or of the full lunar eclipse. I think I might camp out on the beach that night and watch it.

I will share pictures :)

Will now find a few sermons on numbers 29 and be back with what my research uncovers.
 
I have to concur with Ariel about the type of sacrifice being more significant. While this "micro" examination of the "types" is interesting... if accurate... I am not especially getting it and I think it is FAR beyond the scope of "average" christiandom ability to understand. I have been shown via scripture how not only did sacrifice "cleanse" from sin by action but also the chemical elements of SOAP are present and actually combined in the exact order to make it... which I found pretty AMAZING... but most people are neither interested or want to know that. I haven't made my fortunes doing "secrets of the bible" seminars either:p
 
... Ariel... "eyes glaze over"... lol... me too... it's like WHAT... to much like mathematical story problems... EWWWW!:o
 
... Ariel... "eyes glaze over"... lol... me too... it's like WHAT... to much like mathematical story problems... EWWWW!:o

As long as quantities are issued to us by God's word, they have to be addressed by us. Ask questions about it. That's what we need to do in order to grow in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. Disregarding those things because we don't understand stalemates the edification. If you are not interested, let me know and I will stop posting my insight about what I believe this all represents and points to concerning the word of God. That's okay with me. Really. It's your thread for good reason IMO. You know why.:)
 
Last edited:
... continue... just because it is causing ME difficulty doesn't mean no one else could benefit.
 
... continue... just because it is causing ME difficulty doesn't mean no one else could benefit.
That truly exposes a heart that is giving and loving. I will be happy to share by answering any questions. I'll do my best, but God has to fill in the blanks in the end because it's all personal with Him ya know. :)

I will wait for some response to see if my continuation is actually doing any good.
 
Last edited:
However I have study different beliefs about revelation and have decided ammillenialisn makes the most sense to me,but will hold final verdict until God tells me what He means by it all through the unfolding of world events.

My kids love playing dress up to.

I have never understood "millennialism" and would like to know what the belief is based upon - can you tell me?
 
I have never understood "millennialism" and would like to know what the belief is based upon - can you tell me?

Not as clearly as others. God never told me it was that important for me personally to know and be able to explain to do what he expects me to do right now with my life.

1000 years. From rev. 20 some believe it symbolic of a very long time. Some believe it in the future, some current some past.

I'd rather study and discuss the feast of tabernacle since that is this thread topic.

Listening to a sermon about it

The preacher says,that it was pointing people to Jesus redemption on The cross....

Burnt offering...death of sacrifice made by fire...innocent animal dies for sin of men.
 
Sorry still don't agree with the parallel drawn.

But would like to highlight the point about God sending people out in pairs.two is better than one and three is stronger still.

It is a known engineering fact that a triangle is one of the strongest shapes and can support more weight. Just look at bridge construction.

Makes me think of the truine God..father son and holy spirit.

And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits. Mark 6:7
 
Not as clearly as others. God never told me it was that important for me personally to know and be able to explain to do what he expects me to do right now with my life.

1000 years. From rev. 20 some believe it symbolic of a very long time. Some believe it in the future, some current some past.

I'd rather study and discuss the feast of tabernacle since that is this thread topic.

Listening to a sermon about it

The preacher says,that it was pointing people to Jesus redemption on The cross....

Burnt offering...death of sacrifice made by fire...innocent animal dies for sin of men.

Please do not take offense at my statements. As you said, "God never told me it was that important for me personally to know and be able to explain to do what he expects me to do right now with my life." Try something that you probably have not done, as evidenced by this statement you made, make some adjustments to your prayer life, as I had to do. Rather than get real long-winded, I can suggest a very short book titled, Confessions of a Prayer Slacker, which is very cheap if not free on Amazon. I read it on my kindle as a freebie thinking I had nothing to lose, and I gained much. Diane Moody (author) is so...ordinary, I guess is the word I'm looking for, and taught me an aspect to prayer that enabled me to hear God much better, (now I see how much I was missing) and I believe He wants you to hear Him better too. If you have not experienced Him telling you, showing you, impressing upon you...whichever phrase one chooses (as I had not), there is something you are not hearing, just as I wasn't. While that may not seem terribly important now, there is coming a time when you will desperately want to know what He expects of you (at least I found myself in that place). Consequently, I consider it wise to start learning to hear Him before things become even more serious.

It looks as if you are already familiar with the four types of offerings and sacrifices. I certainly don't want to sound offensive, so please don't think I am being hateful. I just want to discuss. I am concerned that people often take scripture that they can't seem to understand and "spiritualize" it to be something they can understand and accept, and I think (my opinion here) that the sermon you were listening to was being given by someone with that mindset. It is very serious to minimize the meaning, message, importance, etc. of God's Word. For just one example burnt offering - "
...death of sacrifice made by fire...innocent animal dies for sin of men. Studying deeper we find that a burnt offering is to show devotion. The other types of offerings were: Sin offering was made for the 'fleshly' nature of man being ignorant of infractions, and was offered for the congregation as a whole. A trespass offering was for the trespass of an individual once it became known that a wrong was committed, and confession accompanied the offering. And last but not least, the peace offering was to show communication and a real 'connection' with God.

 
Little off base and premature,

My prayer life is fine, if anything I probably need to spend more time focused on the world and people around me and less in searching the Bible, studying and praying.

Sometimes God tells me to stop studying and go out and play with my brothers and sisters. Go and help them out.

I listen to lots of different preachers on the topic while cleaning my house,the pray about it,then read my bible and pray some more.

After about a week or so I come to a decision about what I believe that chapter in the Bible means...some times it takes more or less time.

I have worked through most of the new testament and a few books from the old,

Never got beyond just reading numbers. Currently studying Isaiah but taking a break in honor of this thread and upcoming eclipse to study the feast of tabernacle.

Not really claiming to be an expert just listening to what folks have to say and discussing it with the op since she was wondering about it too.
 
The sermon was alright, showed how Jesus made atonement for our sins with His death.

One interesting point was how the number decreased from day one to day seven. For example 13 bulls day one,12 day 2, 11 day 3, 10 day 4, 9 day 5, 8 day 6, 7 day 7.

I know seven is the number for perfection or completeness. For example God made the earth is six days and rested on the seventh.

The preacher stated that the decreasing number pointed to a day when there would be no more blood sacrifice. That Jesus one time death would be enough.