Feeling Undeserving of God's love? Read This !!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

ImEternity

I was reading out of my bible this morning. This is what read:

And therefore the Lord waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for his victory].
—Isaiah 30:18

I was surprised. This scripture, as I interpreted it, is saying that God is waiting on us. The Creator of this world... is literally patiently, humbly waiting on us to long for him. He WANTS to show us love and bless us despite any sin we may have done. He WANTS to bless us and love us, but a lot of us feel like we don't deserve it because of the things we do or say on a daily basis. I believe this scripture highlights the fact that none of God's children should ever feel unloved or unwanted. This feeling is doubt that the Devil has placed in your mind. He causes us to become absorbed in what we do wrong, our failures, and why we are NOT deserving of God's love. None of His children should ever feel this way because there is always someone who loves you and has your best interest in mind when no one on this earth does. It is Him.

Always keep in mind that no matter what God loves you and wants you. He is one who actually longs for a relationship with you and would love to have a place in your heart. Make room for him. If you are ever doubtful of your worthiness to God's love say this prayer:

Gracious and loving God, thank You for being willing to bless me. Even though the devil tries to make me feel undeserving, please continue to remind me that I am Your child and You are my Father. My relationship to You makes me deserving, and I thank You for that in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

U

Ugly

This section is for giving ideas on how to make improvements to the site. Please make sure to put your posts in the appropriate parts of the forums.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Your OP belongs in the testimonies forum. I will ask a mod to move it there for you. :)

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
I definitely tell my self Im not deserving of His love, even after coming to Him Ive slipped back into old ways before. I am well aware of what Im deserving of. But luckily, He tells us He takes no pleasure from destroying the wicked, but having the wicked repent of their sins.

He is a righteous and loving God who has come to save the most undeserving people to ever exist : p