Feminism?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I honest to goodness have never seen a lady to get mad when someone opened a door for her.

Apr 3, 2020
Must be something very off with your door holding methods???😁

I’m just kidding. Most ladies find it adorable, so I’m a little curious about the women who have disappointed you.
Now the only time i hold a door for a woman is when thru timing shes going to get hit. And yes even that makes them upset. Less than half the time they say thanks or thank you. The rest they snarl with an i can open a door you jerk look. It really pisses them off. Infact i would say if you want to piss off many women in a day just become a man and hold doors open for them. I cant think of anything that compares. Except pulling up an im with her hillary clinton sign.

Most women today were raised with a sassy feminist attitude. And some time in the past men used holding doors as a way to initiate conversation with random women and a lot of them think they are getting hit on. Its not adorable to b disrespected over simple polite behavior but it does happen, sure i cant deny the less than -%50 respectful comments.

Im not alone. Men hold doors open for me all the time and i hold the door for men also. And i always say thank you and so do they. I would rather not hold the door than get an attitude from a stranger its an easily avoidable situation.

Apr 3, 2020
I honest to goodness have never seen a lady to get mad when someone opened a door for her.
Of course you wouldnt. These are short mostly nonverbal interactions between strangers. Not something you will see except by being one of the people or really trying to notice.

K

kaylagrl

Now the only time i hold a door for a woman is when thru timing shes going to get hit. And yes even that makes them upset. Less than half the time they say thanks or thank you. The rest they snarl with an i can open a door you jerk look. It really pisses them off. Infact i would say if you want to piss off many women in a day just become a man and hold doors open for them. I cant think of anything that compares. Except pulling up an im with her hillary clinton sign.

Most women today were raised with a sassy feminist attitude. And some time in the past men used holding doors as a way to initiate conversation with random women and a lot of them think they are getting hit on. Its not adorable to b disrespected over simple polite behavior but it does happen, sure i cant deny the less than -%50 respectful comments.

Im not alone. Men hold doors open for me all the time and i hold the door for men also. And i always say thank you and so do they. I would rather not hold the door than get an attitude from a stranger its an easily avoidable situation.

My sister, many years ago, was going in to a restaurant. Two military men stepped in front of the door and walked in FRONT of her and never held the door for her. I believe she told them they were rude. A real lady will appreciate a gentleman. I was blessed to marry one. And I appreciate him.

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020

Sounds like you’ve ran into some women with self esteem issues. A confident lady would never display an attitude like that in said situation. Keep in mind, some women are not used to people being nice to them and will be acting accordingly. It’s their problem, not yours.😀

C

ChristianTonyB

What it is? Is it a bad thing or a good one? Is it possible to be a Christian and a feminist? I am curious lol coz I heard so much about it....🤔
It's a can of worms 😒, and no, I'm not calling you ladies a can of worms 🙄

There obviously have been inequalities in the past, and maybe still, where ladies haven't been treated as fairly as their male counterparts.

As far as the church is concerned, in a Christian marriage the wife is to defer to the God-given spiritual authority of the male. But as far as everything everything else is concerned in that marriage, in my opinion all else is of equal footing.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I experienced it first-hand. A loony Lefty radical feminist who told me there are NO differences at all between men and women did get offended when one of the male employees held a door open for her. We pushed back hard and she backed down, though. Stupid %%#$#@#.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I dont expect anyone to hold doors open for me, but Im appreciative when they do, woman or man. Just speaking for myself.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I dont expect anyone to hold doors open for me, but Im appreciative when they do, woman or man. Just speaking for myself.
Yeah, it is. I think a major result of Feminism has been damaging the natural order between male and female. It's good when the young hold doors for the aged. It's good when men hold doors for women. It's good to serve each other, but Feminism has contributed to damaging some of those beliefs, in my view. Yet I think this damage is being reversed, also.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Goodness could write several pages on this topic which none would read due to length.....LOL So I will sum it up with what a former feminist now turned anti-feminist had to say about it. She said feminism it is a woman wanting the power of a man and the privileges of being a woman. And not having the responsibilities for either.

C

ChristianTonyB

What it is? Is it a bad thing or a good one? Is it possible to be a Christian and a feminist? I am curious lol coz I heard so much about it....🤔
What have you learnt from the responses? What is your take on it now?

I believe in PH the concept of feminism has been mostly shunned, but it's starting to become more acceptable, ie more women aye wanting to live independent of traditions and males. Is that what you are experiencing?

T

TheIndianGirl

Agree. I hold the door for men too.

C

ChristianTonyB

What have you learnt from the responses? What is your take on it now?

I believe in PH the concept of feminism has been mostly shunned, but it's starting to become more acceptable, ie more women aye wanting to live independent of traditions and males. Is that what you are experiencing?
.... are.... my keyboard hates me 🙄

T

TheIndianGirl

Others might disagree but I do not believe that a single independent woman (meaning financially independent, and also someone attempts to do "manly" things on her own if need be like woodshop) to be a feminist. I do not believe a woman who expects equal pay for equal work to be a feminist. A feminist to me is someone who dislikes/hates men, comparable to a misogynist who is prejudiced against women. They are basically the same type of people.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
maybe a feminist is like a humanist but prefers one half of the population

C

ChristianTonyB

Others might disagree but I do not believe that a single independent woman (meaning financially independent, and also someone attempts to do "manly" things on her own if need be like woodshop) to be a feminist. I do not believe a woman who expects equal pay for equal work to be a feminist. A feminist to me is someone who dislikes/hates men, comparable to a misogynist who is prejudiced against women. They are basically the same type of people.
..... maybe not merely just despise men, but also despise God's creativity and His concept of womanhood. For we Christians, there is much teaching and many anecdotes in the Bible that, taken together, describe what womanhood is.

It seems that some women want to be masculine rather than being feminine, thus seeming to despise their feminity. You'd have to analyse their character and upbringing to conclude why. (The reverse of this is of course, men wanting to be/being effeminate. God equally despises both outcomes.)

All these things taken together is why feminism is so confusing to we men, that have been brought up to be considerate of the emotional strengths but at times physical limitations of the gentler sex.

T

TheIndianGirl

..... maybe not merely just despise men, but also despise God's creativity and His concept of womanhood. For we Christians, there is much teaching and many anecdotes in the Bible that, taken together, describe what womanhood is.

It seems that some women want to be masculine rather than being feminine, thus seeming to despise their feminity. You'd have to analyse their character and upbringing to conclude why. (The reverse of this is of course, men wanting to be/being effeminate. God equally despises both outcomes.)

All these things taken together is why feminism is so confusing to we men, that have been brought up to be considerate of the emotional strengths but at times physical limitations of the gentler sex.
I think as long as we are not veering into trans territory, there is some flexibility in how men and women behave, wear, etc. I think it is people who despise the sex they are born into, they decide to be trans (in alls in various forms ranging from crossdressing to full surgery). Nowadays it is acceptable for women to wear men's clothing style such as pants and jackets but still come across as feminine. In past times and even now, men have worn non-pants such as kilts, robes, vesti wraps, etc.

I think in marriage, there is more opportunity to practice gender roles. However, for the singles, the person kind of has to assume both roles. For ex, a single man has to cook and care for his home, which are considered women's duties. A single woman to be in charge of her finances.