Festive Satanic statue added to Illinois statehouse

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
A satanic group has added its own statue to a series of displays in the government building of the US state of Illinois to mark the festive season.

Placed between a Christmas tree and a menorah, the four-foot sculpture depicts a snake coiled around an outstretched arm holding an apple.

It's the first display sponsored by the Chicago chapter of the Temple of Satan.

The state government said the temple had the same right as other religious groups to have a display.

"Under the Constitution, the First Amendment, people have a right to express their feelings, their thoughts," Dave Druker, spokesman for the Illinois secretary of state, told the State Journal-Register. "This recognises that."

The move has been criticised on social media by Illinois Family Action, an anti-abortion pressure group.

Full article:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46453544

Just wondering what "traditional" holiday these people are celebrating.

7seasrekeyed

paganism has always been the number 1 religion of the unsaved...whether they know it or not

what a disgrace since this piece of c*** has 0 to do with Christmas...mind you, it would be a disgrace any time of year

my guess is they have some 'friends' in the state of Illinois :(

Jul 21, 2018
This is what happens when the state allows religious groups to have displays. Either you allow them all to do it or none at all. I would prefer none as it would solve and prevent more problems.

7seasrekeyed

This is what happens when the state allows religious groups to have displays. Either you allow them all to do it or none at all. I would prefer none as it would solve and prevent more problems.
nope

Christmas is not about worshipping the devil and pagan rituals

does the state tell Muslims how to worship?

they wouldn't dare!!!

Jul 21, 2018
nope

Christmas is not about worshipping the devil and pagan rituals

does the state tell Muslims how to worship?

they wouldn't dare!!!
I'm not sure you meant to reply to my post? I have no idea what relevance this response is to my post.

Either we (the people) allow people to display things related/reflecting their religious views, or we don't. The state (or the people) can't pick and choose which religions can display what on public property and which cannot. It's not suppose to play favorites nor should it. Hence, it's best if the state (the people) don't allow anything from any religion to be on public property.

Jul 21, 2018
paganism has always been the number 1 religion of the unsaved...whether they know it or not

what a disgrace since this piece of c*** has 0 to do with Christmas...mind you, it would be a disgrace any time of year

my guess is they have some 'friends' in the state of Illinois :(
Or they have just as much right to post their display as we Christians do seeing as this country isn't a theocracy.... ???

I know I wouldn't want to see a statue of Muhammad when I go into city hall.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Just wondering what "traditional" holiday these people are celebrating.
They have no holiday, their only objective is to destroy ours, and the state of IL shouldn't allow it.. And the knowledge of evil is not the greatest gift, the nativity display promotes the greatest gift ever given to mankind.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Love the plaque! Knowledge Is The Greatest Gift.
Too bad they didn't start with the fact there is no reference to an apple in Genesis.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Or they have just as much right to post their display as we Christians do seeing as this country isn't a theocracy.... ???

Maybe if it was a statue on Muhammad Ali, that might be OK.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Pssssst......Christmas is pagan

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
there shouldn't be any religious monuments on State Property but you can't allow Christians or Jews to have theirs and not allow another religion because that would be discrimination

7seasrekeyed

I responded to your post regarding the fact you think anyone should put whatever they want to up in the name of 'religious' freedom

actually no, these people have no right whatsoever to 'add' to the display. they are simply using the lax attitude of this nation towards its own downfall to mock Christianity and God. they worship the devil

I'm sorry you do not seem to comprehend that

7seasrekeyed

do you suppose they would allow a cross in their pagan celebrations? no? it's the same type of argument used by gay people who want Christians to bake them a cake

the objective is to destroy all mention of Christ and make Christians out to be anti equality when in fact, their desire is to destroy Christianity

gee whiz ... this isn't a theocracy? :eek::rolleyes:

7seasrekeyed

Pssssst......Christmas is pagan

you are free to think that

or to post videos that you think say what you believe

go for it

does that mean you do not believe in freedom to practice what you believe in? I don't believe in Christmas or what people call the spirit of Christmas

I believe in Christ and I celebrate Him at what is called Christmas. so, we can all do what we believe is right before God in this day because IMO, it is getting closer and closer to the book of Judges with everyone doing what they think is right in their own eyes

7seasrekeyed

there shouldn't be any religious monuments on State Property but you can't allow Christians or Jews to have theirs and not allow another religion because that would be discrimination

well let me explain this better

regarding the op,because there really is no point in going off down a rabbit trail...but feel free with those who wish to totally derail the thread...the celebration is Christmas and has nothing to do with who believes or does not believe it is pagan.

what it does have to do with, is expressing religious freedom and calling something that is meant to celebrate what most Christians do not believe pagan, as pagan, is simply what someone believes. in the same line of thought, the devil has no place in a Christmas celebration. leaving that fallen angel out of a celebration of the birth of Christ is not discrimination...the devil is not a part of Christian worship and we worship Christ.

apart from the fact you have decided to not celebrate Christmas, you surely can allow those who religious freedom so to do

maybe we should plant some crosses around the next meeting of the local coven

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
do you suppose they would allow a cross in their pagan celebrations? no? it's the same type of argument used by gay people who want Christians to bake them a cake

the objective is to destroy all mention of Christ and make Christians out to be anti equality when in fact, their desire is to destroy Christianity

gee whiz ... this isn't a theocracy? :eek::rolleyes:
Except that it's not. if Christians have a right to put religious monuments on state property then other religions have the same right

7seasrekeyed

Except that it's not. if Christians have a right to put religious monuments on state property then other religions have the same right

right

well next time you are in congress remember this little thread

I'm not having this debate with you because we do not agree, it seems, on the actual reason for the devil to get shoved into a CHRISTMAS theme

if you think the devil has rights, recall how he was booted out of heaven for trying to supplant God

seems he has not given up on that useless endeavor

nothing personal...if that is your belief, no point in posting in circles because that is all it would amount to