Fighting worry, anxiety, and depression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 30, 2014
Good evening everyone. I'm requesting prayer again. The title says it all. I've also been dealing with a health issue that I'm not yet sure of. I'm going to the doctor on Friday. Please pray for me, it's been very emotionally exhausting for me the past couple of weeks. I don't know why I'm going through so many things right now. I've also had horrible depression due to being lonely. So much going through my head.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I pray for God to lift the cloud of depression that is hovering over you that is probably a contributing factor for the worry which then leads into anxiety Praying also for your health issue to be resolved. You have a lot on your plate. God said it is not good to be alone but please understand that He will neither leave you or forsake you. I pray also that He sends the right person in your life that will become your best friend.

F

finaldesire

Good evening everyone. I'm requesting prayer again. The title says it all. I've also been dealing with a health issue that I'm not yet sure of. I'm going to the doctor on Friday. Please pray for me, it's been very emotionally exhausting for me the past couple of weeks. I don't know why I'm going through so many things right now. I've also had horrible depression due to being lonely. So much going through my head.
Gemmy, are you a tech junkie?

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
Hi Gemmy – still praying for ya kid – your OK in my books!

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord remove these negative things and bless Gemmy's health and life. Please have your grace upon Gemmy. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

TravelMum

Sep 13, 2017
I am so sorry you are dealing with such a difficult season. I am praying that you will find answers for your health and, also, that you will find some comfort in the loneliness. Do you have any kind of support system of friends like a life group, Bible study, or just one or two close friends, or family? I'm also praying that you will have a revelation of the overwhelming love that Christ has for you along with His peace...a peace that passes all our human understanding!

Jan 28, 2018
I hope you are feeling better. Health issues can be hard to not stress over. I am praying for you!

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
I have encountered healing and depression many times: there has to be dying before resurrection. "Daily pick up your cross and follow Me," is about death and resurrection. We struggle with depression because of fear of letting go and letting God. We are slow learners all of you, well all of us except God with us that is. One-thing you need to know: your in God's hands and His grace is sufficient. There are references of this One-thing in the bible:
"One thing is needful and Marie has chosen that good part that will not be taken from her."
That good part is Grace to forgive her old life and Love much: we would say Grace to receive forgiveness and change, but the reality is becoming one Spirit with God and we are slow learners.
Another example "This One thing I do, forgetting what lies behind (dead) I press on,"
To go on to know the lord: we don't know God in our understanding and that's why it's difficult for us. We need to get past our understanding and imagination: that's what praying in the Spirit is about. Praying in unknown tongues gets us past what we think we know, to be in agreement with God. We enter his presence with thanksgiving and it's better said praying in the Spirit, as we don't know how to pray as we should. Just be aware that He's got the whole world in His Right hand, and not distracted from listening to you as a friend: more than one women have seen Jesus holding something in His hand and listening to her, then finding out what it was He was holding in His hand... God bless you, He will keep you with His peace as wholeness no mater what doctors have to say.

Nhope

Nov 22, 2017
I'm sorry that you are going through this. Depression can be debilitating but we are more than conquerors through Christ. Do you get any exercise or walk? Sometimes just moving can help get out of your head. Do you have a friend that you can call on? I know you probably don't feel like it, but that's when we should be reaching out for help. Hope your appointment goes well. Don't quit, it will end. Keep hope.

Apr 30, 2014
I thank you all so much for praying for me. I've been feeling a little better. I do recognize I should probably get out more and just go for walks when I'm feeling down. I used to get out and walk with my dog a lot but he was put down a few years ago but even then, I know how important it is to get out and just move. I'm going to keep praying as well but I really do appreciate you all for caring about me. God bless you guys :)