Firefox & CC

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
For several years I was able to view CChat on Firefox. In the last few weeks, I have had to use a different browser. Has there been some kind of technical change with CC causing this kink?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I'm assuming that you are having issues with the forums, not chat since chat uses an app. It must be something other than browser because I use Firefox and have had no issues

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
For several years I was able to view CChat on Firefox. In the last few weeks, I have had to use a different browser. Has there been some kind of technical change with CC causing this kink?
It could be a settings change on your browser or another software. An update in FF that changed something. Those are probably the issues to check next.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
It could be a settings change on your browser or another software. An update in FF that changed something. Those are probably the issues to check next.
Edge gives me the same problem but Vivaldi and Chrome are fine.
Below is all I get on FF and Edge. The links do not work.

cchat.jpg

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I'm assuming that you are having issues with the forums, not chat since chat uses an app. It must be something other than browser because I use Firefox and have had no issues
correct

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I'm currently on FF right now and having no trouble. May just need to reinstall to fix things.
Says 'Firefox is up to date'.
I'll just pUt up with switching browsers until I need to uninstall/reinstall FF.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Ok so what’s exactly changed here? Why did you have to use a different browser?
Also do you have the same problem if you access this site from another device, such as phone, tablet or pc?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Ok so what’s exactly changed here? Why did you have to use a different browser?
Also do you have the same problem if you access this site from another device, such as phone, tablet or pc?
Same problem on my IPad. But on my PC I can access with Vivaldi and Chrome but not Edge or FF.
I had to use a different browser than FF because one day FF wasn't properly working CCForums.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Same problem on my IPad. But on my PC I can access with Vivaldi and Chrome but not Edge or FF.
I had to use a different browser than FF because one day FF wasn't properly working CCForums.
Do you have some sort of ad-blocking program running on any devices in your network?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Have you cleared your cache recently? You may need to.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I am hoping I can write this here instead of starting a new thread.
My phone suddenly wont let me play anything off you tube. It says I need to update. When I press update it says open or cancel. I press open and nothing happens. Nothing happens with cancel either. Does anyone know where to go from here? I tried turning my phone off and then back on again and the whole process starts over. It wants me to update, but then wont let me. Help!!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am hoping I can write this here instead of starting a new thread.
My phone suddenly wont let me play anything off you tube. It says I need to update. When I press update it says open or cancel. I press open and nothing happens. Nothing happens with cancel either. Does anyone know where to go from here? I tried turning my phone off and then back on again and the whole process starts over. It wants me to update, but then wont let me. Help!!
Open the Google Play Store app.
Tap Menu My Apps & Games.
Apps with an update available are labelled 'Update'.

If that does not work, you can uninstall and then reinstall with update.
To uninstall, press the app icon on your screen for several seconds and then tap the Uninstall option.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Open the Google Play Store app.
Tap Menu My Apps & Games.
Apps with an update available are labelled 'Update'.

If that does not work, you can uninstall and then reinstall with update.
To uninstall, press the app icon on your screen for several seconds and then tap the Uninstall option.
Thanks Magenta, I will give it a go and hopefully succeed. I am useless with technology.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
You are welcome! :) Did it work?:unsure:
Yes thanks, finally did it and it worked. Took a long time though because I had many updates to download. I hadn't done it in a long time.