I think they dated a recent dead seal washed up on the beach at 60,000 years old....this nonsense has been proven to be just a gimmick for those trying to prove evolution.
I didn't ask about the seal, I asked about the date of the earth.
I think they dated a recent dead seal washed up on the beach at 60,000 years old....this nonsense has been proven to be just a gimmick for those trying to prove evolution.
I didn't ask about the seal, I asked about the date of the earth.
Wasn't this a intentional attempt to deceive people? Or is this where they found bones over a mile away and tried to claim they was from the same source?
13.75 billion years since the Big Bang
4.5 billion years - the date of the Earth
Apparently.
But I don't believe a word of it.
for the record i never wrote the news.1 Timothy 6:20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
This reminds me. Since they be fixing to revise the Donkey Kong Era myth up by 400,000 years I wonder if that means they will have to revise the mythological age of earth. Maybe they'll go for a nice round 5 billion.
It amuses me how they find fragments of stuff, assume it is from this or that, arbitrarily assign ages that never existed to them, and then weave such elaborate mythologies around them.
Then again I suppose if they said they found some bones from a monkey that was only a few hundred to a few thousand years old it would be of no hype and they'd get little or no funding.
I can't speak for GIS, but your assumption is arrogant and unnecessarily condescending. I, for certain, know how radiometric dating works and I would guess that GIS does as well, so you owe him an apology.Clearly you don't understand atomic physics or how dating works ...
I didn't ask about the seal, I asked about the date of the earth.
...Adding 400,000 years to the presently-established age of the planet wouldn't take it anywhere close to 5 billion years. It'd require almost 500,000,000 years, silly. Moreover, the geological age of Earth has nothing to do with the age of certain specimens that at one point lived on its surface.
![]()
Dazzle 'em with brilliance. If that fails, baffle 'em **edited**.She uses big words.
She must be smarter than Christians?![]()
Lucy is a hominid, specifically named Australopithecus afarensis (e.g. A. afarensis) that Neo-Darwinists believe gave rise to Homo habilus from which they hypothesize that modern humans ultimately emerged.
Side note: Evolutionists also assert a group called the robust australopithecines emerged as an evolutionary side branch from A. afarensis that are not part of the supposed human lineage.
Now, scientists recovered an A. afarensis jawbone in 2002 and immediately the popular media published exactly the same content they're publishing with this latest find... almost word for word. But subsequent analysis of the specimen showed that it resembled a gorilla rather than a human.
What this meant was that the jawbone anatomy resembled robust australopithecines not humans meaning that it was a dead end and there was no evolutionary pathway from A. afarensis (e.g. Lucy) to modern humans.
You see paleoanthropologists interpret hominids within an evolutionary framework and most of them adhere to general evolution as ardently as an orthodox Muslim does Islam. So, now they have a new jaw bone and are claiming the exact same thing they claimed with the one in 2002... word for word.
Hominids belong to the animal kingdom. God never endowed them with the Imago Dei. Despite some similarities, all of them are materially distinct from modern humans in cognitive capacity, behavior, "technology", "culture," etc...
Evolution is the only, and I mean the only, way that life could have diversified on this planet, so if they interpret things using an evolutionary framework, then they do so because it's a necessity. Otherwise, how else did a progressive, bottom-up diversity of life come to exist in the strata?
Little green men?
Evolution is the only, and I mean the only, way that life could have diversified on this planet, so if they interpret things using an evolutionary framework, then they do so because it's a necessity. Otherwise, how else did a progressive, bottom-up diversity of life come to exist in the strata?
Little green men?
for the record i never wrote the news.
strange, i was crying because the killed lucy. and take a giant step backwards. 400,000 years.
so in short, all the science papers that have been talking about lucy, or now as good as you put it babbling in vain.
I can't speak for GIS, but your assumption is arrogant and unnecessarily condescending. I, for certain, know how radiometric dating works and I would guess that GIS does as well, so you owe him an apology.
The only reliable dating technique is carbon dating, but even it is based on shaky evidence. There is no guarantee that Carbon-12 and -14 were evenly distributed, even in the same sample. Even if it was, carbon dating is reliable only to 6,800 years +/-. Other radiometric isotopes supposedly useful for dating purposes are so rare, the claims to their reliability are laughable.
So all we really have is a dating technique that goes back to the beginning of the YEC timeline for Creation. Isn't that convenient?