First Love Stories

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
Love stories are an endless source of intrigue in popular culture, all the more so when they are true. I can't help but be curious myself.

Anybody feel like sharing the story of the first time they were in love? How did you feel physically? How did things end? Do you look back on it as a helpful learning experience, or something that you would have rather avoided?

T

Tinuviel

I saw a picture of this absolutely gorgeous guy, and it escalated fast from there. He looked so kind and loving and loyal that he took my breath. I don't know how it happened, but as I looked at him I wanted nothing more than for him to look into my eyes, sit close to me, and kiss me. I love him so much that I posted a picture of him on my Avatar. (Sorry to disappoint ya'all :p)

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Once upon a time, I never fell in love. I gave up on ever finding a mate and got on with my life, and I lived happily ever after. The end.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Interesting thread topic Emily. Since no one shared their story, I guess it is true that first loves don't have happy endings, only lessons learned. Despite that, maybe it is also true that first love never dies. If you have not been there yet, may your first love be sweet and special but don't expect too much because it could be emotionally messy since you won't know how to deal with it, no matter how much you think you know about it.

Aug 2, 2009
I can't remember if I ever had a first love. I had a crush on a girl in grade school but she didn't like me back so that doesn't really count. I had my first gf in high school but I wasn't in love with her. *sigh* Wow I don't think I've ever been in love.. :( I've only had crushes and dates, but I never got to date a crush.. :(

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
I've got one, but it is not my own. My best friend's mother and father were high school sweethearts.
I do not know the details, but they have since raise 3 amazing kids, experienced hardships, received grace, and shown mercy.
They love the Lord together and they laugh often. Sure, they have had disagreements. But they are friends in faith, overlooking offenses with forgiveness. They both reached out to me, they still make an impact (whether through service, teaching, or laughter) as sweethearts.

Love of human and of God is possible. This is one of many stories, true stories.

D

Depleted

Love stories are an endless source of intrigue in popular culture, all the more so when they are true. I can't help but be curious myself.

Anybody feel like sharing the story of the first time they were in love? How did you feel physically? How did things end? Do you look back on it as a helpful learning experience, or something that you would have rather avoided?
Kind of stuck if I should answer, since I've only fallen in love once and once is still happening all these decades later.

D

Depleted

Interesting thread topic Emily. Since no one shared their story, I guess it is true that first loves don't have happy endings, only lessons learned. Despite that, maybe it is also true that first love never dies. If you have not been there yet, may your first love be sweet and special but don't expect too much because it could be emotionally messy since you won't know how to deal with it, no matter how much you think you know about it.
Not true. I just don't know what to say since I married him, making me a not-single.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I met my first love when I was 20. Logistics changed and he had to move. It was sad when we broke up but there wasn't any angry feelings. We had a great time when we were together.

Jun 14, 2016
First love.

I used to play an online game called MapleStory, and I was fascinated with the fact that you could talk to people from all around the world. I would talk to guys and gals from all over the place, and I truly enjoyed playing and hanging out with people. I was probably either 16 or 17 years old, but I met a gal on the game that I started to like. I asked her out and we started dating. I remember having a lot of good feelings, and I really enjoyed her company, talking with her, and everything. After maybe 8 months or so, I had an opportunity to meet her. I live in Las Vegas, NV where she lived in Boston, MA. I remember talking to her step-mom and organizing this whole thing. I flew to Boston with my dad, and we visited her and her family at a camp ground in Cape Cod.

Oh boy, was it awkward for me, lol. I had never seen her before in person. It took us a little time to warm up to eachother, but once we did, I feel like we had a good time. We played video games, did some walking around, played pool, went swimming, got ice cream, all that fun stuff :D. My dad and I only stayed for the weekend, but we had a good time. She wasn't my first kiss, but she was what I would consider my first serious girlfriend.

I remember when I had to go, it was a sad day. I remember she was really sad and crying, and I was holding it all together, trying my best to comfort her. When we left and I got in the car, I remember I just lost it. It was a sad thing to have to leave after being together for the past two days.

To bring you to where I am now, our relationship didn't last. I actually went through a lot of changes and got involved in a lot of wrong things, which is actually part of my testimony. It was my fault the relationship didn't work out, but it is okay. :) I'm thankful for the time I had with her, and I also have made amends with her. I don't talk to her anymore, but it is okay. She has her life to live, and as do I.

Loving another person is a beautiful thing. Feelings are great, and I hope to experience those squirmy-butterfly feelings again. But if not, I will be okay :) Jesus has been doing a lot in my life - a lot of refining, a lot of chiseling, a lot of correcting, but ultimately, a lot of loving. :)

D

Depleted

I dated. Not many, but I did. The first guy I dated wanted to marry me. He even showed what he could offer me. I almost married him thinking I'd never find love, so might as well settle for someone loving me.

He was also the reason I decided I wasn't ever going to get married. If that was marraige, better to stay single.

And I was happy single. Well, as happy as it gets. (Not like I didn't miss waking up in the same bed with someone who loved me and I loved him. I think that's sort of like missing Mom. That's always there, but I figured I live with that kind of missing.)

And then John came stumbling up the aisle, knocking chairs and people out of the way to check out the new girl. (Me.) He was the kind of pretty you feared looking at because looking at him had to be staring. You know that one? You really want to stare as if staring can finally be satisfied, but you don't want him to think you're creepy because you stare, so you don't look at his face at all? That kind of gobsmacked.

More gobsmacked that all those visits to see his friend wasn't to see his friend. (Didn't know that until we were engaged. Also didn't know my best woman friend was trying to set me up with her BIL -- that mutual friend -- until I asked her to be my matron-of-honor. I really am naive on catching hints. lol) His friend was also my friend, so we became a three-people group, except I had no idea Friend was telling John don't ask, because I turned him down. (Didn't want to be seen as a piece of meat as the new girl kind of thing, and yet did want to date him, but we became friends even before he had the chance to ask me out, because apparently I babbled something that he took as "I won't date anyone." I naturally babble. I double-speed babble if I'm nervous. Potentiality of a guy asking me out always made me double-speed babble. lol) And I had no idea that John wanted to ask me out either, but I sure was hanging around them for that hope.

But waiting for that hope, we really did become good friends. Like brother-sister good friends. We could talk about anything, except for sex. (Always my boundary. Just don't take it to sex, and I'm good.) And, in that friendship, I really knew this was a friend I needed for the rest of my life. If he moved to California, I'd go move to California and find a job and place to live within easy driving distance to him. I've had friends come and go, but this was the friend who I couldn't part with.

It was friend. Not up to even thinking romantic love. (Still wasn't going to turn down a date. Didn't know what to do if he did though. What if we dated, and it didn't work out? Was that the end of the friendship? Territories I didn't know how to cross.)

And finally, he asked. And YESYESYES!!!

(What could one date hurt, right?)

Dinner. (He paid. First guy who ever paid for my dinner. The joys of college life seemed always to include double-dutch. lol) A movie. (The Muppet Movie.) Air-hockey where I worked. (I worked as a counselor in a Runaway/Throwaway shelter, so of course there was a free air-hockey table there.)

Then he took me home, and we sat out front of my house. In the next three hours, he told me his life story. (Two hours. Included his last marriage and two kids. Really should have been a bad date by then, but I already knew some of that story, so not shocked.) And then I told mine. (One hour.) He also told me he was dating to find a wife, because he already knew he was the kind of guy who needed to be married.

I fell in love in that car. It was sealed with that kiss at the door. He grew up in the 50's and 60's, when kissing said it all. (You weren't going to find many girls who would go past kissing, so the kiss said it all.) I felt it to my toes. Honest. Hard to describe for anyone who's never kissed someone who learned how to show it all in a kiss. (I grew up in the 70's where kiss often meant bed would follow.)

I went inside and called Dad (1 AM) to tell him i just found the guy I would marry.

I don't remember this part too well, because I don't remember doing that, except I do remember he didn't like the way I arranged my kitchen. (I cook to eat. He cooks as a passion.) So I asked him how we would arrange our apartment when we got married. And I told him I loved him. It was five days after that first date.

I do remember how he responded to "I love you." He said, "Thank you."

Didn't phase me. Never fell in love before so didn't know what that meant other than what it seemed to mean. (Thank you for loving me. lol)

Two days later, I was talking about where we should get our apartment. (My apartment was half an hour away from where he worked and our church, so obviously I should move closer to where he lived, right?) He suggested a town over there, when I finally realized, he never asked me to marry him.

Me being me, (yeah, I've always been this blunt and upfront), I asked him when he asked. He laughed, told me what happened two days earlier and how much it terrified him. He had gone home and thought it over. Realized he was always attracted to the same kind of woman and it always ended up in disaster, but I was the exact opposite of that kind of woman. (I guess they were subtle and quiet. lol Nah, actually he tells me they were always wounded and needy. He just happened to be the type of guy who always wants to take care of people like that. Unfortunately, the other thing was they were conniving. Blunt and upfront really stinks at conniving. I am what I am, and can't fake being anything else.) So, he prayed, still knowing he needed a wife, realized he already fell in love with me too, so went with it.

The first date was February 28. We were engaged by March 7th, and married in early October 1980. (That late simply because my oldest brother was engaged 14 months before we met, so he should marry first. He married two weeks before us.) No regrets. Still lots of great relief! Still follow him across the globe if that's what he wanted. At least now I don't have to find a separate home to live in. lol

I've dated other guys. I only fell in love once. I may well be the only one who doesn't know what a broken heart feels like.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
My first love only lasted 5 years, I was too young to realize I needed to make it work. But my second love lasted 38 years until I lost him in 2012. It was awesome from the beginning, he just about took my breath away, he was soooo good looking, and loving, he was everything my heart desired and more. I have thought about the possibility of dating someone else, since then, but the thought really scares me, because my thinking is that at my age 63, a man would expect sex before marriage, and I just cant do that. I am content as I am and do not want to have to deal with any emotional baggage, like guilt, because my relationship with the Lord is too important to me to mess up now. I am happy with Jesus alone, and only think about a new relationship occasionally, plus it would be an awesome man indeed that could possibly fill the place in my heart that the love of my life occupied. I imagine that I will go to my grave with his memory on my mind. I LOVE YOU DON AND ALWAYS WILL, YOU WERE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, AND EVEN THOUGH WE HAD OUR ISSUES, I WOULD NOT HAVE TRADED YOU FOR ANYONE.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
My first love only lasted 5 years, I was too young to realize I needed to make it work. But my second love lasted 38 years until I lost him in 2012. It was awesome from the beginning, he just about took my breath away, he was soooo good looking, and loving, he was everything my heart desired and more. I have thought about the possibility of dating someone else, since then, but the thought really scares me, because my thinking is that at my age 63, a man would expect sex before marriage, and I just cant do that. I am content as I am and do not want to have to deal with any emotional baggage, like guilt, because my relationship with the Lord is too important to me to mess up now. I am happy with Jesus alone, and only think about a new relationship occasionally, plus it would be an awesome man indeed that could possibly fill the place in my heart that the love of my life occupied. I imagine that I will go to my grave with his memory on my mind. I LOVE YOU DON AND ALWAYS WILL, YOU WERE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, AND EVEN THOUGH WE HAD OUR ISSUES, I WOULD NOT HAVE TRADED YOU FOR ANYONE.
This is so touching.

J

JustWhoIAm

General Tso's chicken and trail mix for lunch. Yum.

Grateful.

Jul 10, 2015
bahaha Tinuviel! xD and here I was hoping for a romantic love story!!! oh well this is better than nothing ;) xD

garet82

Jan 20, 2011
My first love?
It is sadly ever after lol but i survive

T

Tasha-Pasha

My first love was to books. I would spend hours plundering their contents, clutching them to my chest, hoarding them on my shelves in my room, and dog earing their pages until their spines were cracked, their pages loosened and yellowed, their words faded from the many times that my eyes had caressed them.

It's an ongoing love affair really.

Here are a couple of quotes from one of my favourite authors, Tom Robbins, on the subject of love. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have...