Five Love Languages

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Getting to know what out of the 5 love languages impact more with the relationship of anyone who you want to show love is important to strengthen the connection with that person. Do you know what your love languages are? The person you love? Find out what yours is here... https://www.5lovelanguages.com. Does anyone have experience with this that they want to share? Has it worked / not worked for you?

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
My friend has this book, and is yet to pass it to me to read. I hear it’s a really good read :)

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
My friend has this book, and is yet to pass it to me to read. I hear it’s a really good read :)
Ive heard it's a very good read too. My brother is a pre engagement counselor so he recommended researching this to help with relationships. I took the test and read up on it on various sites. If we just put forth the effort, there would be a lot less breakups!

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Ive heard it's a very good read too. My brother is a pre engagement counselor so he recommended researching this to help with relationships. I took the test and read up on it on various sites. If we just put forth the effort, there would be a lot less breakups!
I’d love to take the test but it said something about entering your details and they’ll send you your results lol I’m a little cautious of that kind of stuff...

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I've entered in the details and all they have done is send a email with the results and meanings. So far in the last year no spam from them :)

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
I've entered in the details and all they have done is send a email with the results and meanings. So far in the last year no spam from them :)
Okay, I’ll try it in the morning! :D

Better not get any spams lol.

littlelady

Dec 28, 2015
A friend lent me this book a couple of years ago - ots unreal!! So, so helpful for all relationships in general, not just romantic. I always love a test like this too haha and found my results to he very accurate! :)

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
I took the test lol!

H

Hamarr

I own the 5 Love Languages for men but keep forgetting to read it. I took the test awhile back and mine were quality time and words of affirmation.

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
I own the 5 Love Languages for men but keep forgetting to read it. I took the test awhile back and mine were quality time and words of affirmation.
Mine were:

1. Acts of Service and Words of Affirmation
2. Physical touch
3. Quality time
4. Receiving gifts

H

Hamarr

I just retook it. I couldn’t remember what the others were. lol

1. Quality Time
2. Words of affirmation
3. Physical touch
4. Acts of service

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I hope to someday become fluent in all 5 Love Languages.

I just need a victim, er, recipient, to practice them with someday.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
I took the test several months back. I got spam. (But you just need to click on the tiny little "unsubscribe" at the end of the email.
Words of affirmation and physical touch are mine. :)

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
I think the point of the 5L is to see who you are compitable matched with in the opposite sex through the love languages, or so I remember.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Getting to know what out of the 5 love languages impact more with the relationship of anyone who you want to show love is important to strengthen the connection with that person. Do you know what your love languages are? The person you love? Find out what yours is here... https://www.5lovelanguages.com. Does anyone have experience with this that they want to share? Has it worked / not worked for you?
Yes, this book can be very useful for couples...
It can be very eye opening and informative for young couples (relationship wise) who thought they knew each other...
Without such a book, many people would tend to mistakenly assume that their partner would logically feel loved via the same types of things that make them feel loved... They would be gravely mistaken...
To know your 'love language' is one thing; but they only way for this book/tool to be useful is if each member of the relationship is willing to learn what their partners 'love language' is - and go above and beyond out of your way to show them such love - always...

while words of affirmation and physical touch are mine - it is important that couples do not demand to receive such love from their partner nor swibble over 'you don't love me bc you don't abc'...
Rather (just like christmas) it is more important to give than to complain about what you didn't receive...

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
My 5 love languages are

1. washing the car
2. working out
3. eating fried chicken
4. singing
5. making spaghetti