FLAT EARTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

theanointedsinner

Can you explain hoe the gravity theory works?
I'm guessing on this one, since molecules have mass, and protons are positively charged and electrons are negatively charged, the positive charges of some molecules attracts the negative charges of other molecules, which, well, all I know is that Gravity = the g-constant * mass-1 * mass-2 divided by radius squared

ok, we don't know everything

P

pjharrison

I'm guessing on this one, since molecules have mass, and protons are positively charged and electrons are negatively charged, the positive charges of some molecules attracts the negative charges of other molecules, which, well, all I know is that Gravity = the g-constant * mass-1 * mass-2 divided by radius squared

How come the hanging trees, that sway in the wind don't pulled down to the ground. Humans are gullible. We will believe anything. We were taught in school, we came from monkeys and the Earth is round, and not only the earth, other planets. The bible mention stars, and 2 great lights. One to govern the day and one to govern the night. The whole world has been deceived about a lot of things.

T

theanointedsinner

How come the hanging trees, that sway in the wind don't pulled down to the ground. Humans are gullible. We will believe anything. We were taught in school, we came from monkeys and the Earth is round, and not only the earth, other planets. The bible mention stars, and 2 great lights. One to govern the day and one to govern the night. The whole world has been deceived about a lot of things.
gravity is the weakest force, but there are other forces like "gravitation", "magnetic", "weak nuclear force" and "strong nuclear force", in which the hanging tree doesn't because there's stronger smaller-ranged force that keeps the hanging tree hanging there, strong enough to withstand the force of the wind

P

pjharrison

gravity is the weakest force, but there are other forces like "gravitation", "magnetic", "weak nuclear force" and "strong nuclear force", in which the hanging tree doesn't because there's stronger smaller-ranged force that keeps the hanging tree hanging there, strong enough to withstand the force of the wind[/QUO
It's because the earth is flat and what ever is in the air has to come down. And how come sometimes the sun and moon are out at the same time. The moon is surpose to be on one side and earth the sun on the other.

T

theanointedsinner

I don't know why the sun and the moon are out at the same time, however if we consult the Bible in Genesis 1, it will say: the greater light (the sun) to govern the day, and the lesser light (moon) to govern the night

so I don't know

P

pjharrison

I don't know why the sun and the moon are out at the same time, however if we consult the Bible in Genesis 1, it will say: the greater light (the sun) to govern the day, and the lesser light (moon) to govern the night

so I don't know
But if the earth is flat. It is possible for the sun and moon to be out at the same time.

T

theanointedsinner

I'm trying to imagine a Frisbee and two props that can represent the sun and the moon

but the question is, if the earth is flat, does it have a rim or an edge to it?

T

theanointedsinner

But if the earth is flat. It is possible for the sun and moon to be out at the same time.
if the earth is flat, the movement of the sun and the movement of the moon can move at different rates, which can help explain why sometimes, you can see the sun and the moon at the same time

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
So the Word of God says the Earth is a circle with corners? OK, flat-Earthers, what say ye to this?

P

pjharrison

So the Word of God says the Earth is a circle with corners? OK, flat-Earthers, what say ye to this?
well if is a sphere where does it fit in.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
if the earth is flat, the movement of the sun and the movement of the moon can move at different rates, which can help explain why sometimes, you can see the sun and the moon at the same time
You're overlooking two things that are part of the spherical-earth model: the movement of the earth around the sun, and the movement of the moon around the earth. With either, and especially with both, there is the possibility of seeing both the moon and the sun at the same time.

Any model must account for EVERYTHING observed in the real world. No flat-earth model can account for many real-world observations.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
What would happen if the Earth was flat? After hundreds of years thinking it was round would it make a difference if it was flat?

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
What would happen if the Earth was flat? After hundreds of years thinking it was round would it make a difference if it was flat?
No more difference than if we found out we were all really kangaroos.

T

theanointedsinner

Trump says he has flown all over and haven't ever seen any curving.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

it doesn't have anything to do with electromagentic charge. notice that the equation you quoted does not include any electrical or magnetic variables; it only depends on mass and distance.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
all the satellites would fall to the ground because orbital mechanics would be impossible.

in particular all the communications satellites, so most of the world would miss the finals of the world cup football matches. which would result in worldwide rioting, mass suicide, economic collapse and zombie apocalypse.

T

theanointedsinner

it doesn't have anything to do with electromagentic charge. notice that the equation you quoted does not include any electrical or magnetic variables; it only depends on mass and distance.
how mass fundamentally influence gravity is beyond me

L

LPT

The Baobab tree sure throws a wrench in the sprocket,

Ahh the two great lights, the sun and the core of earth.

P

pjharrison

One of the biggest lies is man walking on the moon. Did you see that video. How can you get a shadow on the moon. What light was shining over the moon to cast a shadow? I don't believe that the moon is solid. It's a great light, like God said.

L

LPT

One of the biggest lies is man walking on the moon. Did you see that video. How can you get a shadow on the moon. What light was shining over the moon to cast a shadow? I don't believe that the moon is solid. It's a great light, like God said.
Lol It's the sphere earth that casts the shadow, the light comes from the sun. The lesser light is buried under earth and rock for ever in darkness until it's no more, if you pealed away the outer layers of earth the core would look like a red dwarf sun glowing bright. without either the sun or the core of earth there would be no life on earth. indeed very few can take such a leap of faith, probably none but me which is fine with me for I'm quite comfortable in that way. indeed the great light is the sun in the middle of our solar system.