FLAT EARTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

theanointedsinner

Someone did fly to the edge. Admiral Byrd. He flew to the south pole. He ran into an ice wall. I believe he found where the earth ends. At Antarctica. After he explored it and they did operation high jump, all of the leaders from every country signed a treaty that no one would ever be allowed to go to the south pole. I believe it is a ice wall that goes around the whole earth. After operation high jump the Russians started shooting missals straight up. I believe they were trying to see how high the firmament is. because I believe they found the edge and don't want anyone else to know, and they are not able to pass through.
how are you able to access to this kind of information? assuming that it's true :unsure:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
At Antarctica. After he explored it and they did operation high jump, all of the leaders from every country signed a treaty that no one would ever be allowed to go to the south pole.
here's the Antarctic treaty; you can read it in full:
https://www.bas.ac.uk/about/antarctica/the-antarctic-treaty/the-antarctic-treaty-1959/

it does not say what you've been told it says.
it largely states that no government will try to claim Antarctica as its territory and that it will be conserved and protected from becoming polluted.
it restricts access to a dozen or so areas of the continent in an effort to preserve those specific environments from harm. it doesn't ban access to those areas - it regulates it.

the south pole itself is not even one of the restricted areas; here's a map of them:

antarctic treaty protected areas.jpg

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Someone did fly to the edge. Admiral Byrd. He flew to the south pole. He ran into an ice wall. I believe he found where the earth ends.
that is not what Admiral Byrd believed, or ever said, that i've heard. he called Antarctica "the bottom of the world" and spoke of wanting to explore 'the land beyond the pole' -- which, there is no pole on a flat planet, and there's certainly not anything beyond it. he never described that world as anything other than a globe.

here's an article you might want to browse through:
https://steemit.com/flatearth/@kerr...-antarctica-conspiracy-debunking-the-ice-wall

https://steemit.com/flatearth/@kerr...t-2-of-4-the-flat-earth-antarctica-conspiracy
https://steemit.com/flatearth/@kerr...t-3-of-4-the-flat-earth-antarctica-conspiracy

by the way . .
what kind of insurmountable, impenetrable ice wall reaching all the way to the top of the heavens does a person fly straight over and past for 18 hours?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I know how to draw.
draw what the sun should look like when it's midnight if the earth is flat. see if you can draw sunset when the sun never goes below the horizon, or even touches it.

T

theanointedsinner

or, in trigonometry, if we are standing on the beach and look straight parallel to the ground

the horizon on the ocean would look like it's at eye level instead of lower, if it's flat, but that is not the case

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
or, in trigonometry, if we are standing on the beach and look straight parallel to the ground

the horizon on the ocean would look like it's at eye level instead of lower, if it's flat, but that is not the case
the further away the horizon is the smaller the angle that a person tilts their head at to look at it. if your'e 6 ft tall looking at a horizon 3 miles away, your eyes are only deflected 0.0198º from vertical.
so a person may think the horizon is at eye level, but it's actually slightly below. from 3 miles away, the 5.5ft difference between eye level and ground level appears very very small. even if a person is trying to use a level to take a photograph, their level is probably not accurate to thousandths of a degree, and the difference between the horizon and true eye level would be vanishingly small to try to measure.

P

pjharrison

how are you able to access to this kind of information? assuming that it's true :unsure:
Type in operation high jump into Google. Go to you tube admiral Byrd's trip to the South Pole.
here's the Antarctic treaty; you can read it in full:
https://www.bas.ac.uk/about/antarctica/the-antarctic-treaty/the-antarctic-treaty-1959/

it does not say what you've been told it says.
it largely states that no government will try to claim Antarctica as its territory and that it will be conserved and protected from becoming polluted.
it restricts access to a dozen or so areas of the continent in an effort to preserve those specific environments from harm. it doesn't ban access to those areas - it regulates it.

the south pole itself is not even one of the restricted areas; here's a map of them:

View attachment 184811
No one can go to the South Pole. No matter what they are telling the people. If the countries are fighting over everything else, why would they just say we'll just let agree to leave this place alone. Investigate more into it.

P

pjharrison

draw what the sun should look like when it's midnight if the earth is flat. see if you can draw sunset when the sun never goes below the horizon, or even touches it.
The sun doesn't set it just goes out of view. We can only see so far. Even with a telescope.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
o the South Pole. No matter what they are telling the people. If the countries are fighting over everything else, why would they just say we'll just let agree to leave this place alone. Investigate more into it.
literally 1 second of investigation on your part would turn up a dozen travel agency offers to ski, ride or fly to the south pole.

it costs a good bit of money and it's at least a week round-trip that should be timed with milder weather.
want to start saving up for it? maybe i'll go with you.

Jade Hameister made you a sandwich:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The sun doesn't set it just goes out of view. We can only see so far. Even with a telescope.
why would you think we can only see 'so far' ?
explain that.
how far do you think you can see?
how far away are stars? how far away is the sun at noon? how much further at 10pm?

further than the horizon?

you were saying you could see the whole earth from a high mountain..

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

if the sun 'disappeared' because it got too far away we would all be seeing it shrink into a tiny dot no less than 15 or 20 degrees above the horizon. it would travel from west to north each not as it shrunk, being smallest around midnight, and then enlarge as it moved to the east in the morning.

so why we see this every morning instead:

ever do a perspective drawing in art class?
see if you can draw the sun appearing the same size and be halfway under the horizon by being far away.

this is one of those examples of an argument that makes no sense at all as soon as you think about it one tiny bit, but for some puzzling reason people swallow it and think it's correct and repeat it over and over. you've been deceived.

P

pjharrison

literally 1 second of investigation on your part would turn up a dozen travel agency offers to ski, ride or fly to the south pole.

it costs a good bit of money and it's at least a week round-trip that should be timed with milder weather.
want to start saving up for it? maybe i'll go with you.

Jade Hameister made you a sandwich:

They can get so far and then will be asked to turn around. No one can go to the south pole

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
They can get so far and then will be asked to turn around. No one can go to the south pole
Exactly who would be there at a certain point to tell a travel party to turn around? Why would anyone listen and meekly comply. The peep or perp that is telling people to turn around had better be packing some heat to back up his command. There have been permanent military and scientific bases there for years. There are is much documentation of South Pole expeditions from over a 100 years ago. Many people come and go and planes fly there all of the time. Who is really lying to you, the US government or the loons from the Flat Earth Society? In my opinion all flat-liners share the same illogical paranoia and believe the same lies. Truthfully, you don't really believe in this flat earth crap either do you? It's OK to tell the truth. Stop believing the lie. Get with the program.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You can see stars in the sky without a telescope that are millions of light years away. You are correct though in that the sun doesn't actually set but only seems to set due to the earth's rotation. The sun is always shining on the earth at some point. No telescope needed to see it as it is only 93 - 94 million miles away relative to the location of the earth during its 365 1/4 day revolution around it. I learned this in 1st grade, of course, there is always the chance that I was lied too.

One thing though, the educational system of this country has indeed lied about certain things, especially pertaining to history. You are correct also that the students are discouraged from learning about God and placing your faith and trust in Him but rather are taught to always trust the government and the various government institutions. The government lies too.

However, it is scientifically impossible that the earth is flat and this has been proved by mathematically measurements, observations, and human observation. It is illogical to believe otherwise.

P

pjharrison

Exactly who would be there at a certain point to tell a travel party to turn around? Why would anyone listen and meekly comply. The peep or perp that is telling people to turn around had better be packing some heat to back up his command. There have been permanent military and scientific bases there for years. There are is much documentation of South Pole expeditions from over a 100 years ago. Many people come and go and planes fly there all of the time. Who is really lying to you, the US government or the loons from the Flat Earth Society? In my opinion all flat-liners share the same illogical paranoia and believe the same lies. Truthfully, you don't really believe in this flat earth crap either do you? It's OK to tell the truth. Stop believing the lie. Get with the program.
Yes I do. Because this is such an evil world.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes I do. Because this is such an evil world.
Sorry, but I don't see the connection between a world that is evil and believing in a flat earth. Regardless, I pray for only God's best for you and I am sorry if I offended you in anyway.

T

theanointedsinner

if I believe that the earth is round, then someone will misconstrue that and think I hate America, even though I love America

to show that I love America, I believe that the earth is flat

and, what logical fallacy is someone applying by asking "do you love America"?

appeal to patrioticism?

argument by initimidation? (the fear that society might hate our own guts)

T

theanointedsinner

if someone were to ask "do you love America"?

one might answer "yes" for fear of being hated
however, to avoid being a coward, one might defiantly answer "no"

but this is false dichotomy, or false dilemma
and happy 4th of July

P

pjharrison

Sorry, but I don't see the connection between a world that is evil and believing in a flat earth. Regardless, I pray for only God's best for you and I am sorry if I offended you in anyway.
I'm not offended. Most people believe in the sphere earth. We were all taught it in school. I believed it too, but I have found a lot of things that I didn't know before. The devil has twisted and turned around a lot of things. So I don't just believe any and everything anymore. I don't want to be deceived. I've learned that the people in Hollywood have been put there to lead us astray. People idolize them. The young men are listening to that hip hop and wearing there pants down. They don't understand that, that is about homosexuality. They have turned the football halftime into a devil worshiping session. There are so many things that have been brought to light that I didn't see before. The singers are enticing us with sensual music. There's so much more.