FLAT EARTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
Happy Friday! Good day talk about light hearted stuff. Or is it really light hearted? What if it's true that we have been lied to let's just start with the moon landing. What would happen if it was definitively proven that we never stepped foot on the moon?

Many people already don't trust the Government. And if it IS proven that we haven't gone to the moon, can our minds be at least open to the possibility that we have been lied to about a spherical globe World?

Well watch this short video. I am no expert in Van Allen Belts, or what is or isn't fatal radiation levels, or temperature extremes that we couldn't possibly have overcome. But please note what the NASA and International Space Astronauts are saying TODAY about how we haven't yet figured out how to survive exiting or reentry of the Van Allen Belts. (Psst!!! Read that Dome or dare I say, FIRMAMENT!)

Please explain this video. If there were NO other evidence of a MASSIVE fraud regarding the moon landing, then someone with a technical background, please explain this. Thanks:

This can be easily explained, in 1969, the radiation from the Van Allen radiation belts was far less virulent than they are today. In fact, every astronaut who flew through the Van Allen radiation belts was exposed to the radiation on their way to and back from the moon, the only difference being they were only exposed to about 2 hours worth, at a minimal rate, versus being totally exposed which would have caused death after 25 to 30 minutes of exposure. In truth, NASA did NOT have the correct means to shield the astronauts from the radiation, only a speedy fix to get them through and onward to the moon.

It is true....God did create a firmament.....it's called the atmosphere....and it has layers....hence why comets and meteorites burn up when they enter the atmosphere. Most will argue that the firmament is impenetrable, and that nothing can ever leave, but that argument is blown up by the fact that meteorites and asteroids can and do penetrate Earth's atmosphere, hence why sometimes you look up and see a shooting star.

If this were a conspiracy of sorts, the WHOLE world would have to be in on it, and if the US did not truly go to the moon, you better believe that the Russians, as well as countless former NASA officials, would have come forward and spilled the beans on it. But thousands, literally millions of people have attended the launches of the Saturn V rockets and the Space Shuttles, and not a single one blew up while going up through the atmosphere, with the exception of Challenger in 86, and that was due to a seal fail on one of the main rocket boosters. Then in 2003, shuttle Columbia was torn apart on re-entry due to a faulty seal that occurred during the launch of the shuttle, resulting in a loss of the whole crew. But the fact remains that these people went outside of Earths atmosphere, into, yes, space. That has been witnessed time and time again, yet people say we've never been to space.

Flat Earth is a cult, and a very deceptive and dangerous one, and many of them claim to be Christians, and though I cannot doubt that, but there are many who work for NASA and other space administrations around the world who are also Christians. So who is right? In the end, the shape of the Earth doesn't matter, Christ is the only one who matters and having Him at the forefront of your life and saving your soul is all that matters.....but God DID indeed create the Earth as a sphere.

Have a blessed one!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
This can be easily explained, in 1969, the radiation from the Van Allen radiation belts was far less virulent than they are today. In fact, every astronaut who flew through the Van Allen radiation belts was exposed to the radiation on their way to and back from the moon, the only difference being they were only exposed to about 2 hours worth, at a minimal rate, versus being totally exposed which would have caused death after 25 to 30 minutes of exposure. In truth, NASA did NOT have the correct means to shield the astronauts from the radiation, only a speedy fix to get them through and onward to the moon.

It is true....God did create a firmament.....it's called the atmosphere....and it has layers....hence why comets and meteorites burn up when they enter the atmosphere. Most will argue that the firmament is impenetrable, and that nothing can ever leave, but that argument is blown up by the fact that meteorites and asteroids can and do penetrate Earth's atmosphere, hence why sometimes you look up and see a shooting star.

If this were a conspiracy of sorts, the WHOLE world would have to be in on it, and if the US did not truly go to the moon, you better believe that the Russians, as well as countless former NASA officials, would have come forward and spilled the beans on it. But thousands, literally millions of people have attended the launches of the Saturn V rockets and the Space Shuttles, and not a single one blew up while going up through the atmosphere, with the exception of Challenger in 86, and that was due to a seal fail on one of the main rocket boosters. Then in 2003, shuttle Columbia was torn apart on re-entry due to a faulty seal that occurred during the launch of the shuttle, resulting in a loss of the whole crew. But the fact remains that these people went outside of Earths atmosphere, into, yes, space. That has been witnessed time and time again, yet people say we've never been to space.

Flat Earth is a cult, and a very deceptive and dangerous one, and many of them claim to be Christians, and though I cannot doubt that, but there are many who work for NASA and other space administrations around the world who are also Christians. So who is right? In the end, the shape of the Earth doesn't matter, Christ is the only one who matters and having Him at the forefront of your life and saving your soul is all that matters.....but God DID indeed create the Earth as a sphere.

Have a blessed one!
I don't really have a horse in this race Michael. Not sure if you watched the video or not, but your explanation that the radiation for some unknown reason, is far greater today, than 45 yrs ago is frankly ludicrous.

The NASA and International space station astronauts TODAY say they don't have the technology to build a craft that can protect life through the belts. One of the NASA guys I have heard say just as ridiculously, that they "lost" the technology they had in 1969.

EVEN if they could have gotten past the belts, the idea that their couple layer thick space suits, with basically foil alloy, could somehow shield them from fatal radiation requires an even greater level of fantasy.

Think about. your DENTIST, wears a thick, heavy, LEAD apron while giving a simple X-ray! The radiation on the moon would have been far greater.

Would it really be that far fetched an idea that we have been lied to, and deceived on so many things by the Gov? Remember who the god of this world is. The more I have looked into this, and not merely said "That's stupid and crazy!" the more suspicious it becomes.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
I don't really have a horse in this race Michael. Not sure if you watched the video or not, but your explanation that the radiation for some unknown reason, is far greater today, than 45 yrs ago is frankly ludicrous.

The NASA and International space station astronauts TODAY say they don't have the technology to build a craft that can protect life through the belts. One of the NASA guys I have heard say just as ridiculously, that they "lost" the technology they had in 1969.

EVEN if they could have gotten past the belts, the idea that their couple layer thick space suits, with basically foil alloy, could somehow shield them from fatal radiation requires an even greater level of fantasy.

Think about. your DENTIST, wears a thick, heavy, LEAD apron while giving a simple X-ray! The radiation on the moon would have been far greater.

Would it really be that far fetched an idea that we have been lied to, and deceived on so many things by the Gov? Remember who the god of this world is. The more I have looked into this, and not merely said "That's stupid and crazy!" the more suspicious it becomes.

It looks very suspicious Ed, I agree, but i've worked in this field, and if one of us were to lie, then everyone would have to lie. But what would be the benefit of lying about something like this? The Russians, the Japanese, would all have to lie to, because they too have sent probes to the moon. It is not that they "lost" the technology, they never had it to begin with, only technology to sustain life for that moment, and that's it. You shouldn't let this conspiracy consume your mind, trust me, it isn't healthy.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
It looks very suspicious Ed, I agree, but i've worked in this field, and if one of us were to lie, then everyone would have to lie. But what would be the benefit of lying about something like this? The Russians, the Japanese, would all have to lie to, because they too have sent probes to the moon. It is not that they "lost" the technology, they never had it to begin with, only technology to sustain life for that moment, and that's it. You shouldn't let this conspiracy consume your mind, trust me, it isn't healthy.
Michael, I'm not sure why you think I'm consumed by this conspiracy. The only thing I'm consumed with is the Lord.

But which is the conspiracy? That we went to the moon? Or that we didn't go? Saying we did, relies completely on the government, and NASA. Ya know, the same entities that tell us if we don't give up the blessing of fossil fuels we'll all be under water by 2017.. Well that didn't happen so they gotta move the goal post again with the global warming hoax. These are the people you're trusting?

You can go to the free mason sites that boast of the astronauts that are free masons. Waaay too many red flags to ignore in finding out the truth here.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
Michael, I'm not sure why you think I'm consumed by this conspiracy. The only thing I'm consumed with is the Lord.

But which is the conspiracy? That we went to the moon? Or that we didn't go? Saying we did, relies completely on the government, and NASA. Ya know, the same entities that tell us if we don't give up the blessing of fossil fuels we'll all be under water by 2017.. Well that didn't happen so they gotta move the goal post again with the global warming hoax. These are the people you're trusting?

You can go to the free mason sites that boast of the astronauts that are free masons. Waaay too many red flags to ignore in finding out the truth here.

Thing is, if you follow it hardcore, it will consume your mind, and that can happen if you are Christian as well. If you go to the lengths of saying that we never went to the moon, and call NASA along with other administrations around the world liars, then you go on the path of saying, Well we never went to space, then that leads to believing, well the Earth is flat.....that's how it starts and you can get consumed on it. Yes the government lies, and NASA can be wrong on their thoughts and findings at times.....but don't you think that if us, the U.S., had not successfully made it to space and the moon, that the USSR at the time would have called us out? Think about it, we were at war with a communist nation in Vietnam, with ties to the Soviet Union, we had just come off a cold war with the Soviets....you better believe they would have called our hand on it....but they didn't, why? Maybe, because there's that possibility that it DID actually happen.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Thing is, if you follow it hardcore, it will consume your mind, and that can happen if you are Christian as well. If you go to the lengths of saying that we never went to the moon, and call NASA along with other administrations around the world liars, then you go on the path of saying, Well we never went to space, then that leads to believing, well the Earth is flat.....that's how it starts and you can get consumed on it. Yes the government lies, and NASA can be wrong on their thoughts and findings at times.....but don't you think that if us, the U.S., had not successfully made it to space and the moon, that the USSR at the time would have called us out? Think about it, we were at war with a communist nation in Vietnam, with ties to the Soviet Union, we had just come off a cold war with the Soviets....you better believe they would have called our hand on it....but they didn't, why? Maybe, because there's that possibility that it DID actually happen.
Yeah. I would call our government, and all governments around the world liars. Here is a good piece on just who the god of this world is, what the Lord allows him to do, and that Christians shouldn't believe those he controls, because we are free of his power:
Question: "How is Satan god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4)?"

Answer:
The phrase “god of this world” (or “god of this age”) indicates that Satan is the major influence on the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.

Satan is also called the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2. He is the "ruler of this world" in John 12:31. These titles and many more signify Satan’s capabilities. To say, for example, that Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" is to signify that in some way he rules over the world and the people in it.

This is not to say that he rules the world completely; God is still sovereign. But it does mean that God, in His infinite wisdom, has allowed Satan to operate in this world within the boundaries God has set for him. When the Bible says Satan has power over the world, we must remember that God has given him domain over unbelievers only. Believers are no longer under the rule of Satan (Colossians 1:13). Unbelievers, on the other hand, are caught "in the snare of the devil" (2 Timothy 2:26), lie in the "power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19), and are in bondage to Satan (Ephesians 2:2).

So, when the Bible says that Satan is the "god of this world," it is not saying that he has ultimate authority. It is conveying the idea that Satan rules over the unbelieving world in a specific way. In 2 Corinthians 4:4, the unbeliever follows Satan's agenda: "The god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ." Satan's scheme includes promoting false philosophies in the world—philosophies that blind the unbeliever to the truth of the Gospel. Satan’s philosophies are the fortresses in which people are imprisoned, and they must be set free by Christ.

But this seems to be consuming you a lot more than me. Count your posts against mine in this thread alone. I'm convinced we did not go to the moon. I think the Van Allen belts, and NASA'S admission that we can't pass through them, to be the ball game. Let alone all the other evidence we didn't go.

I think it makes perfect sense that we would lie to the Russians and the world. We were duped. So why not them?

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah. I would call our government, and all governments around the world liars. Here is a good piece on just who the god of this world is, what the Lord allows him to do, and that Christians shouldn't believe those he controls, because we are free of his power:
Question: "How is Satan god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4)?"

Answer: The phrase “god of this world” (or “god of this age”) indicates that Satan is the major influence on the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.

Satan is also called the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2. He is the "ruler of this world" in John 12:31. These titles and many more signify Satan’s capabilities. To say, for example, that Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" is to signify that in some way he rules over the world and the people in it.

This is not to say that he rules the world completely; God is still sovereign. But it does mean that God, in His infinite wisdom, has allowed Satan to operate in this world within the boundaries God has set for him. When the Bible says Satan has power over the world, we must remember that God has given him domain over unbelievers only. Believers are no longer under the rule of Satan (Colossians 1:13). Unbelievers, on the other hand, are caught "in the snare of the devil" (2 Timothy 2:26), lie in the "power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19), and are in bondage to Satan (Ephesians 2:2).

So, when the Bible says that Satan is the "god of this world," it is not saying that he has ultimate authority. It is conveying the idea that Satan rules over the unbelieving world in a specific way. In 2 Corinthians 4:4, the unbeliever follows Satan's agenda: "The god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ." Satan's scheme includes promoting false philosophies in the world—philosophies that blind the unbeliever to the truth of the Gospel. Satan’s philosophies are the fortresses in which people are imprisoned, and they must be set free by Christ.

But this seems to be consuming you a lot more than me. Count your posts against mine in this thread alone. I'm convinced we did not go to the moon. I think the Van Allen belts, and NASA'S admission that we can't pass through them, to be the ball game. Let alone all the other evidence we didn't go.

I think it makes perfect sense that we would lie to the Russians and the world. We were duped. So why not them?
While I will give you some strong kudos, the point here in this thread is, is the Earth flat or round?

T

theanointedsinner

While I will give you some strong kudos, the point here in this thread is, is the Earth flat or round?
the earth is very big, we conclude that it's round

can PennEd be helped to see how we conclude that the earth is round?

Merida

Oct 26, 2018
How in the world could the Earth be flat? It makes zero sense for that to be true. Every other planet is round in shape. Why would Earth be the only one that's flat? And what about the actual astronauts who've been to space and have looked upon the Earth from there? It's clearly round.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
How in the world could the Earth be flat? It makes zero sense for that to be true. Every other planet is round in shape. Why would Earth be the only one that's flat? And what about the actual astronauts who've been to space and have looked upon the Earth from there? It's clearly round.
That's why this thread is in the 'Conspiracy' section. The flat-earthers believe in a conspiracy to hide the "real" shape of the earth.

T

theanointedsinner

they should take a picture of a small portion of the edge of a round circular table, ideally one inch of an edge, if they are intellectually honest, they will see a straight line, and that might help them see that even if the earth look flat, the earth is still round, regardless if their own eyes deceive them their whole life

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
A0qHGoi.jpg

So, NASA and the rest of the world are lying about the shape of the Earth....this just proves that the NBA is in on hiding the true shape of a basketball, right? :D

T

theanointedsinner

mmm, delusion pot pie

same concept, for this round pie?

T

theanointedsinner

in this post, I will prove something

Christ-like characteristics like "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness and self-control" can make the world go "round"

Therefore, Christ-like attributes exist
where do they come from?
Christ-like traits comes from Christ (people can disagree with this)

Therefore, Christ exist
but he don't just exist once, he is eternal, therefore, Jesus Christ exist

therefore Christianity is true, God created the heavens and the earth.
Genesis 1:1 did not specify the shape of the earth

and that Jesus can redeem our soul, and free us from delusional beliefs (ie: the earth is flat)

Aug 11, 2018
Hello, I'm back!! I had a ton of work and had to leave for a few days, and now I find more than 10 alerts in my account :geek:. So, what did I miss?