FLAT EARTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

Jesus also said " if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out...."

was that a command or a figure of speech??
gee...... if everyone acted on that, most of the world would be full of males with NO EYEBALLS!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
he Earthflat why didn't that theory come about until the 19th century?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
gee...... if everyone acted on that, most of the world would be full of males with NO EYEBALLS!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Maybe not the eyeballs, but didn't you realise the circumcision commandment was for *all* males? ;-)

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
he Earthflat why didn't that theory come about until the 19th century?
As far as we can tell from [real] history, the generally-known-and-accepted-belief since Adam until about 500 years ago was a Flat Earth model. The Ball Earth model is actually the new kid ('theory') on the block.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
As far as we can tell from [real] history, the generally-known-and-accepted-belief since Adam until about 500 years ago was a Flat Earth model. The Ball Earth model is actually the new kid ('theory') on the block.
No. The idea of a round Earth was as first discovered by Pythagoras around 500 BC and validated by Aristotle a couple centuries later.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
No. The idea of a round Earth was as first discovered by Pythagoras around 500 BC and validated by Aristotle a couple centuries later.
Then what - everyone forgot?

Why does history tell us that [Ball Earth] was a new idea that the Catholic Church tried to prevent [the popularity of] (at first) and then later accepted and promoted?

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019

Why does history tell us that [Ball Earth] was a new idea that the Catholic Church tried to prevent [the popularity of] (at first) and then later accepted and promoted?
Well, first I say research what I said for yourself do not take my word for it. But even Columbus knew he was "going" to India. He just did not expect 2 continents in between... I do not know about Catholic religion or people; I believe they are a cult .... why do they pray to FALSE GODS LIKE MARY!?! OBVIOUSLY they are wrong all the way around!!lol....

Laish

Jul 31, 2016

Ok here is a excerpt from a monk in 735 AD name Bede

“The reason why the same days are of unequal length is the roundness of the Earth, for not without reason is it called ‘‘the orb of the world’’ on the pages of Holy Scripture and of ordinary literature. It is, in fact, a sphere set in the middle of the whole universe. It is not merely circular like a shield [or] spread out like a wheel, but resembles more a ball,”
The European scholars and yea the church already knew it was a sphere.
The concept that the church was filled with flat earthers was promoted by church detractors.
It became really popular to ridicule Christians using the flat earther label in the 19th century.
Blessings
Bill

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

You believe history, but reject science? Wow. There's consistency for ya!

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
You believe history, but reject science? Wow. There's consistency for ya!
I reject "oppositions of science falsely so called"... :)

1 Timothy 6:

20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
I saw one person saying how things like Universal's logo, TBN ect... is trying to brainwash Christians in believing the earth is a globe. All my life I thought, no I knew the earth was round and those who thought otherwise were nut jobs. But now I see Christians are the ones in the forefront of this movement. Have I been lied to this who time, or are some christian really off?

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
That's right -- the exact same lies that you and [virtually] everyone else on earth has heard all of their life.

However...

Those who understand what this statement is saying, and earnestly act upon its suggestion, will discover many things about this world they would very likely have never known otherwise:

"Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they have been taught." — (Author Unknown)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
That's right -- the exact same lies that you and [virtually] everyone else on earth has heard all of their life.

However...

Those who understand what this statement is saying, and earnestly act upon its suggestion, will discover many things about this world they would very likely have never known otherwise:

"Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they have been taught." — (Author Unknown)
but, here is where you conspiracy theorists get it wrong=

much of what the average person believes is a lie, but not EVERYTHING is a lie.

you guys convince yourselves that everything the leaders and " authorities " is a lie. while much of is, all of it is not.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
but, here is where you conspiracy theorists get it wrong=

much of what the average person believes is a lie, but not EVERYTHING is a lie.

you guys convince yourselves that everything the leaders and " authorities " is a lie. while much of is, all of it is not.
I can only speak for myself -- I do not think 'EVERYTHING' is a lie (as you put it); however, I do believe that 'much of [it] is' (as you put it).

In other words, I think what you are saying is an exaggeration of the reality of the thing. There are a lot more lies than just a few.

I also believe that the average person does not know nearly enough about "much of" the lies that are actually real...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
much of what the average person believes is a lie
Then, don't you think it would be worthwhile for "every average person" to understand the truth about whatever they believe that is a lie?

For example -- if we really didn't go to the moon - wouldn't it be better if everyone knew the truth?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Then, don't you think it would be worthwhile for "every average person" to understand the truth about whatever they believe that is a lie?

For example -- if we really didn't go to the moon - wouldn't it be better if everyone knew the truth?
Would it? How does it affect your daily life? Probably not at all. The moon landing - real or not - is largely irrelevant to almost everyone on the planet.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Would it? How does it affect your daily life? Probably not at all. The moon landing - real or not - is largely irrelevant to almost everyone on the planet.
I pity anyone who simply "could care less" about [knowing] the truth.

Are you saying that you don't care whether or not you have been lied to all your life about some of the most significant things in your reality???

Are you saying that you don't care if billions-upon-billions of tax-payer dollars have been wasted by NASA and other "scientific" arenas???

Are you saying that you don't care if children are taught non-Christian concepts and beliefs like evolution and new-age religion???

Are you saying that you don't care if Luciferian evildoers deceive everyone on earth and brainwash them to accept slavery???

Are you saying that you cannot possibly fathom the many implications that become instantly and painfully obvious when the truth is revealed???

Of course, I am saying these things with the greater picture in view (i.e. - including Flat Earth and not just the moon-landings); however, the principles are the same - whatever truth is involved.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I pity anyone who simply "could care less" about [knowing] the truth.

Are you saying that you don't care whether or not you have been lied to all your life about some of the most significant things in your reality???

Are you saying that you don't care if billions-upon-billions of tax-payer dollars have been wasted by NASA and other "scientific" arenas???

Are you saying that you don't care if children are taught non-Christian concepts and beliefs like evolution and new-age religion???

Are you saying that you don't care if Luciferian evildoers deceive everyone on earth and brainwash them to accept slavery???

Are you saying that you cannot possibly fathom the many implications that become instantly and painfully obvious when the truth is revealed???

Of course, I am saying these things with the greater picture in view (i.e. - including Flat Earth and not just the moon-landings); however, the principles are the same - whatever truth is involved.
Did I say anything about not caring? No.

And the phrase is "couldn't care less"... think about it. :)