FLAT EARTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I believe there is a major flaw with the 'logic' of this method.

The tide level is being used as an assumed straight-line [base] reference to show that there exists concave curvature of the surface of the earth --- which then means that the reference line is curved and not straight --- which invalidates the alignment of the individual sections of the 'survey'.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Ye, I'm on the fence about the earth's shape and its motion along with the stars...

I understand your concave theory now... Its a full sphere...
From that first diagram u put up I thought it was half a sphere, I see now that its a full sphere cut in half...

So u can disregard my questions about where south is... LoL... I think...
Its a bit of a mind-bender but I think the compass would work just fine in the ball and the north star would be ok as well as the southern cross...

Have u heard of Bill Nye? His a mainstream science guy that always wears a bow tie. He's an anti-theist and I'm not a fan of him but I'm reminded of something he once said, that the earth is a close system, that we cannot leave it. Maybe he's onto something, for once.
Well, the truth will come out eventually.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I believe there is a major flaw with the 'logic' of this method.

The tide level is being used as an assumed straight-line [base] reference to show that there exists concave curvature of the surface of the earth --- which then means that the reference line is curved and not straight --- which invalidates the alignment of the individual sections of the 'survey'.
The rectilineator pretty much checks itself.

The only way to find out, is test it, which would require a huge team, and dollars. There probably is an easier way to do this with a lazer and a tripod?!?!

My old neighbor used to be a surveyor for contruction sites, he would of been a good resource to test this.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Flat or round . . . what's the difference? God is capable of doing them both. Old or young earth? What's the different? God is capable of doing them both.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Flat or round . . . what's the difference? God is capable of doing them both. Old or young earth? What's the different? God is capable of doing them both.

It's an extremely intriguing discussion, thinking about how God made things.

By the way, it's a big difference between a round and flat earth. Old and young earth? Well, the difference would be most believers of the Bible believe in a young earth (about 6,000 years), and those who generally believe in evolution, believe in a very old earth (Billions of years?!?!).

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
It's an extremely intriguing discussion, thinking about how God made things.

By the way, it's a big difference between a round and flat earth. Old and young earth? Well, the difference would be most believers of the Bible believe in a young earth (about 6,000 years), and those who generally believe in evolution, believe in a very old earth (Billions of years?!?!).
I didn't know what to believe about young vs old earth until I saw the Grand Canyon. That was it! :D

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
The rectilineator pretty much checks itself.
Against itself??? (HAHA) That's a joke.

It is purposely adjusted to match the ocean water level contour.

You cannot use the [unknown] shape of the earth as a [base] reference against which you are trying to determine the shape of the earth.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Against itself??? (HAHA) That's a joke.

It is purposely adjusted to match the ocean water level contour.

You cannot use the [unknown] shape of the earth as a [base] reference against which you are trying to determine the shape of the earth.
:oops:

Sorry - after watching the video again, I realized I misunderstood part of the explanation of the procedure to add each additional section...

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I didn't know what to believe about young vs old earth until I saw the Grand Canyon. That was it! :D
Now that you seen the Grand Canyon, do you think the earth is young (about 6,000), or old (about 4.5 billion years)?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Now that you seen the Grand Canyon, do you think the earth is young (about 6,000), or old (about 4.5 billion years)?
I can't imagine any rational person looking at the scope of the Grand Canyon and saying, yes . . . instant carving of the canyon began when the earth was created. In my opinion, there isn't enough time in a 6,000 period to do what has been done to the Grand Canyon.

Have you seen the Canyon?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I can't imagine any rational person looking at the scope of the Grand Canyon and saying, yes . . . instant carving of the canyon began when the earth was created. In my opinion, there isn't enough time in a 6,000 period to do what has been done to the Grand Canyon.

Have you seen the Canyon?

Yes, well the theory according to some creationist is, that Noah's flood carved the Grand Canyon, when it drained.

Kent Hovind is probably the most popular creationist, has debated anyone that would, and even offered a money to prove macro evolution is true. No one ever claimed the money, because you can't prove macro evolution. Micro evolution yes, but not macro.

Here is a video where Kent Hovind explains a theory on the Grand Canyon. Haven't watched this one, but anything with Kent Hovind in it, is good.

Do you believe the we live on a convex earth and we circle the sun at rapid rate?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Yes, well the theory according to some creationist is, that Noah's flood carved the Grand Canyon, when it drained.

Kent Hovind is probably the most popular creationist, has debated anyone that would, and even offered a money to prove macro evolution is true. No one ever claimed the money, because you can't prove macro evolution. Micro evolution yes, but not macro.

Here is a video where Kent Hovind explains a theory on the Grand Canyon. Haven't watched this one, but anything with Kent Hovind in it, is good.

Do you believe the we live on a convex earth and we circle the sun at rapid rate?
I really liked your post. I've heard of Hovind, but I think that this will probably be the first time I've heard or seen him. Thanks!

I'd never heard of the Flood causing the erosion of the canyon, but then I really haven't studied it much. I've heard of the lake above that gave way, and may have contributed the most to it's excavation. Ultimately, my opinion is that we're all missing the point. The primary point that all should be discussing about the G Canyon is that it reflects the Raw, Almighty Power of God. Most haven't a clue . . . because they have not genuine Fear of the Lord.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I forgot to comment on this. My opinion is much like the previous. Whether God made a flat earth or a round one makes not a bit of difference to me. Whether the earth is flat or round has nothing to do with the Mysterious Plan of God. Therefore, I have no real opinion other than to say that I see great arguments on both side. No doubt . . . it is a fascinating thing to consider, and I used to, but anymore I just realize how ignorant I Truly am in relationship to God and that I should keep my ignorance (on these matters) to myself. :D

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Kent Hovind is probably the most popular creationist

Respectfully, Kent Hovind is far from being the most popular creationist. On other subjects, he’s a joke. Try the Northwest Creation Conference for better content.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
This 18-minute video provides a good overview of a biblically-consistent explanation for the Grand Canyon.

What made the difference in the final decision?
It's where the dregs of fallen California are fleeing.

And Elon Musk settled there. He's a con man, liar, Luciferian, and son of a witch. I am being literal. He is a key chess piece in the Luciferians' future plans and I don't want to be near him.