Flat Earthers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You guys can blather on about your hoaxes all you like, but even if the moon landing were proven fake, it would not prove that the earth is flat.

Better to prove it with earth-bound evidence, which is very easy to obtain. Of course, the doubters won't do the small amount of work need; they'd rather stick to their conspiracy theories because those are so much more fun than actual observational science.

Mar 21, 2019
I'm sorry, NASA were outed with a moon landing hoax?
No need to apologise... Unless you work for NASA?

Can you describe for me how you believe that is the case, please?
The fake photographs provided by NASA prove NASA to be a fraud, and untrustworthy. I can see why you would believe the Earth to be a ball if you trust NASA implicitly. You will find most Flat Earthers learned early on about NASA's moon landing hoax, and moved on to believe Earth to be flat from that point.

You guys can blather on about your hoaxes all you like, but even if the moon landing were proven fake, it would not prove that the earth is flat.
Excellent point. I love when people think critically, even if I disagree with them.

Better to prove it with earth-bound evidence, which is very easy to obtain. Of course, the doubters won't do the small amount of work need; they'd rather stick to their conspiracy theories because those are so much more fun than actual observational science.
Excellent point again. Science is testable and repeatable. If the Earth is a ball, we would be able to measure any curve, here on Earth, not rely on photographs that can only be provided by an organisation of questionable repute.

U

UnderGrace

No need to apologise... Unless you work for NASA?

The fake photographs provided by NASA prove NASA to be a fraud, and untrustworthy. I can see why you would believe the Earth to be a ball if you trust NASA implicitly. You will find most Flat Earthers learned early on about NASA's moon landing hoax, and moved on to believe Earth to be flat from that point.

Excellent point. I love when people think critically, even if I disagree with them.

Excellent point again. Science is testable and repeatable. If the Earth is a ball, we would be able to measure any curve, here on Earth, not rely on photographs that can only be provided by an organisation of questionable repute.
He Rat....there are many mathematical proofs that the earth is a spere not sure why NASA even comes into the discussion?

Mar 21, 2019
He Rat....there are many mathematical proofs that the earth is a spere not sure why NASA even comes into the discussion?
Because NASA offers the only irrefutable proof that the Earth is a sphere (i.e. photographs of the sphere) - if the photographs were not fraudulent.

All other mathematical proofs that the Earth is a sphere are subject to circular reasoning (i.e. just as much "prove" the Earth is flat), or invoke theories that themselves have flaws, according to the interpretation used.

U

UnderGrace

Because NASA offers the only irrefutable proof that the Earth is a sphere (i.e. photographs of the sphere) - if the photographs were not fraudulent.

All other mathematical proofs that the Earth is a sphere are subject to circular reasoning (i.e. just as much "prove" the Earth is flat), or invoke theories that themselves have flaws, according to the interpretation used.
Which proof is circular reasoning for the earth is a sphere....do you have an example?

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
hello people, the earth is so big, the shape is impossible to tell, but there are many people who have facepalmed at reading the post of another, so given the implication of shapes, let's see, the palm of one's hand is flat, yet when facepalmed on one's round head,

um, I believe that the head is round, the head have no CGI effect, however, the flat palm can contact the head perfectly, flat surface fits on the head like it's perfectly shaped,

now pay attention, this is educational, the shape of the head matches the shape of the flat palm. round head, matches flat palm, how is that possible, oh wait, the palm is slightly concave inward

look at the mirror, therefore the head is round
mirrors are cgi
mirrors are photo-edited government conspiracy

now this is an eye-opening truth

you've been blinded

the truth is, the head is actually flat, if you wear a hat, the hat is just a dome, on the flatness of hat
seen a baseball cap? it's a dome, and why the sun-visor sunvisor is flat

the sunvisor is evidence of the flatness of one's head

take a selfie, even selfie is cgi, photo doctored government consipiracy

facepalm is evidence of the flatness of the human head

oh, people draw circles for smileys, to draw happy face and emoji

that's government planned mass deception, NASA is trying to deceive you with emoji's to convice you that your head is round, even though it's as flat as a pancake

all I need is a facepalm, and I am fully persuaded with irrefutable truth that the head is flat

gravity? balderdash
when facepalm, the hand only smack the head once, and it can bounce off the head
gravity doesn't exist

oh, sometimes hand remains on head? are you saying gravity, delusional bunch, there's no gravity

the back of the head exist? ludacris, no one can ever see the back of one's head, no one ever have eyes at the back of one's head

everyone else's head is round, my head is the exception, it's as flat as a flatscreen, oh and the brain in the vat argument proves this

now, repent of your delusional belief that the head is round, believe that the head is flat and welcome to the airhead, er I mean facepalm-able flat-head screwdriver, um I mean flat-head society

@Tinkerbell725 isn't it hilarious to the highest degree?

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
hello people, the earth is so big, the shape is impossible to tell, but there are many people who have facepalmed at reading the post of another, so given the implication of shapes, let's see, the palm of one's hand is flat, yet when facepalmed on one's round head,

um, I believe that the head is round, the head have no CGI effect, however, the flat palm can contact the head perfectly, flat surface fits on the head like it's perfectly shaped,

now pay attention, this is educational, the shape of the head matches the shape of the flat palm. round head, matches flat palm, how is that possible, oh wait, the palm is slightly concave inward

look at the mirror, therefore the head is round
mirrors are cgi
mirrors are photo-edited government conspiracy

now this is an eye-opening truth

you've been blinded

the truth is, the head is actually flat, if you wear a hat, the hat is just a dome, on the flatness of hat
seen a baseball cap? it's a dome, and why the sun-visor sunvisor is flat

the sunvisor is evidence of the flatness of one's head

take a selfie, even selfie is cgi, photo doctored government consipiracy

facepalm is evidence of the flatness of the human head

oh, people draw circles for smileys, to draw happy face and emoji

that's government planned mass deception, NASA is trying to deceive you with emoji's to convice you that your head is round, even though it's as flat as a pancake

all I need is a facepalm, and I am fully persuaded with irrefutable truth that the head is flat

gravity? balderdash
when facepalm, the hand only smack the head once, and it can bounce off the head
gravity doesn't exist

oh, sometimes hand remains on head? are you saying gravity, delusional bunch, there's no gravity

the back of the head exist? ludacris, no one can ever see the back of one's head, no one ever have eyes at the back of one's head

everyone else's head is round, my head is the exception, it's as flat as a flatscreen, oh and the brain in the vat argument proves this

now, repent of your delusional belief that the head is round, believe that the head is flat and welcome to the airhead, er I mean facepalm-able flat-head screwdriver, um I mean flat-head society

@Tinkerbell725 isn't it hilarious to the highest degree?

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Hilarious to the max!!!

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Let's entertain the notion that the Earth is flat

Flat Earther usually believe that there's a round dome

From outside perspective, wouldn't the dome make the Earth look round by default?

If the shape of dome influence the shape of the Earth

Round dome = round Earth

Therefore, flat Earth is reduced to an absurdity

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
@Leastamongmany say, the flat earthers annoy you like no tomorrow, and you firmly believe that the earth is round, and it's one of the least important knowledge to you, and you'd be raptured one day

just sleep soundly at night, the earth is still spinning on it's axis it's safe, no problem

you can scroll up and look for a brown rectangle that says "unwatch", when you see that word, click on it, and that should be able to help you

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Let's entertain the notion that the Earth is flat

Flat Earther usually believe that there's a round dome

From outside perspective, wouldn't the dome make the Earth look round by default?

If the shape of dome influence the shape of the Earth

Round dome = round Earth

Therefore, flat Earth is reduced to an absurdity
let's not. it just encourages them....

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Couple quick questions. Are all the planets and the stars supposed to be flat also? How does this effect gravity and centrifugal force? Why do satellites need other satellites if they can see everything on their own? Why are drops when falling through space round? Please be kind or skip the reply.

K

Karraster

Couple quick questions. Are all the planets and the stars supposed to be flat also? How does this effect gravity and centrifugal force? Why do satellites need other satellites if they can see everything on their own? Why are drops when falling through space round? Please be kind or skip the reply.
Hi, and welcome to CC. I sure don't have all the answers, but I don't believe the spinning globe anymore. I think the Bible speaks in terms of stationary and plain. The book of Job is especially telling.

Is a drop of water becoming a ball for a brief period during freefall really a good comparison? Water's cohesion is the strongest of all the known non-metallic liquids, it seemingly defies what we think of as natural laws, it can actually climb given the right circumstance.

There is nothing we can compare the earth to, it is unique/special, as it is the home our Creator prepared for us. Scripture says nothing of other planets, only sun moon and stars. Venus for instance, can be seen by amateur cameras and it appears to be as energy, just like one would imagine from seeing it with the naked eye as the brightest star. (morning or evening star) It's getting easier to see distances, the Nikon P1000 for instance, amazing. Check out the world's record long distance photographs. These are just not supposed to be possible if the earth is the shape we've been told. I have seen in my city where I live, a distance of 60 miles, and according to the 8 inch per mile squared that is not possible.
The theory of gravity was invented to explain how it could be possible that the earth is going 66,627 mph around the sun while spinning at 1000 mph in a galaxy going 25 miles per second while being hurled toward the Virgo Cluster at a leisurely 375 miles a second. 4 kinds of crazy ways we are spiraling and spinning yet I can sit by a lake on a clear day and in it see the surrounding woods as if in a mirror. Gives the passage, "..He leads me beside still waters.." a whole new meaning.

By the way, gravity is still a theory,...it is: (the law that states any two bodies attract each other with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.) Na, don't buy it anymore. Density and buoyancy explains it much better. It's why water as opposed to air gives us different results when we drop something into them.

Our Creator says, "...It is changed like clay under the seal..." speaking of the earth. The word that's been translated "seal" is like a signet ring, a personalized ring to put their seal onto hot wax, a mark of authentication. How's that possible on a ball? Isiah used 2 different words to describe circle and ball. "As far as the east is from the west" doesn't make sense on a ball. Furthermore, our Creator says we cannot measure the earth or know it's boundaries.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Clearly the earth is flat.
Yup. Flat as a pancake. Just kidding.

If the earth were flat, we should have heard of countless ships falling off the edge by now and floating in space.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hi, and welcome to CC. I sure don't have all the answers, but I don't believe the spinning globe anymore. I think the Bible speaks in terms of stationary and plain. The book of Job is especially telling.

Is a drop of water becoming a ball for a brief period during freefall really a good comparison? Water's cohesion is the strongest of all the known non-metallic liquids, it seemingly defies what we think of as natural laws, it can actually climb given the right circumstance.

There is nothing we can compare the earth to, it is unique/special, as it is the home our Creator prepared for us. Scripture says nothing of other planets, only sun moon and stars. Venus for instance, can be seen by amateur cameras and it appears to be as energy, just like one would imagine from seeing it with the naked eye as the brightest star. (morning or evening star) It's getting easier to see distances, the Nikon P1000 for instance, amazing. Check out the world's record long distance photographs. These are just not supposed to be possible if the earth is the shape we've been told. I have seen in my city where I live, a distance of 60 miles, and according to the 8 inch per mile squared that is not possible.
The theory of gravity was invented to explain how it could be possible that the earth is going 66,627 mph around the sun while spinning at 1000 mph in a galaxy going 25 miles per second while being hurled toward the Virgo Cluster at a leisurely 375 miles a second. 4 kinds of crazy ways we are spiraling and spinning yet I can sit by a lake on a clear day and in it see the surrounding woods as if in a mirror. Gives the passage, "..He leads me beside still waters.." a whole new meaning.

By the way, gravity is still a theory,...it is: (the law that states any two bodies attract each other with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.) Na, don't buy it anymore. Density and buoyancy explains it much better. It's why water as opposed to air gives us different results when we drop something into them.
Your reasoning needs some seasoning.

Has it occurred to you that "bouyancy and density" are almost meaningless without gravity? If gravity did not exist, what would cause objects to move toward the ground when otherwise unrestricted from doing so?

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019

Our Creator says, "...It is changed like clay under the seal..." speaking of the earth. The word that's been translated "seal" is like a signet ring, a personalized ring to put their seal onto hot wax, a mark of authentication. How's that possible on a ball? Isiah used 2 different words to describe circle and ball. "As far as the east is from the west" doesn't make sense on a ball. Furthermore, our Creator says we cannot measure the earth or know it's boundaries.
We can not measure earth because she is a living planet.
I heard about the ship on the ocean, the log miles and that didn't make sense at all. So do we spin like a penny? How is it the sun rises in a different place every day? Does the sun spin around us? (I have the craziest thought that we really are the center of the universe and it all revolves around us, seeing this is Gods favorite place in the universe. no proof, no scripture though and without that, I believe almost nothing except the things told by the workings of God.) Not sure why I ask as even with looking at the solar system models I still cant barely figure out the whole rotation thing. I do know from flying a plane the horizon disappears. But how is the latitude and longitude explained away or the international date line. Worst part is I don't really see how that changes anything about God, so can you tell me what's the big deal. Still, it always comes down to the satellites and line of sight. Why does anyone need more than one if its flat? Does the asteroid belt come to back to us every year? I probably have a million questions so I quit thinking about it before I drive myself nuts.
I have sealed a letter with the wax and ring, and the wax forms more or less a half circle, up from the paper. It doesn't lie down flat till it is smashed down. I know you said you didn't have all the answers but if any of these are ones you have pondered, I would like to hear. Is there more scripture on any of it? Thank you.

K

Karraster

Yup. Flat as a pancake. Just kidding.

If the earth were flat, we should have heard of countless ships falling off the edge by now and floating in space.
In Geographical Review, a peer-reviewed journal published by the American Geographical Society, geographers at the University of Kansas, published a paper, “The Flatness of U.S. States.” Their findings, Kansas is indeed flatter than a pancake.

K

Karraster

We can not measure earth because she is a living planet.
I heard about the ship on the ocean, the log miles and that didn't make sense at all. So do we spin like a penny? How is it the sun rises in a different place every day? Does the sun spin around us? (I have the craziest thought that we really are the center of the universe and it all revolves around us, seeing this is Gods favorite place in the universe. no proof, no scripture though and without that, I believe almost nothing except the things told by the workings of God.) Not sure why I ask as even with looking at the solar system models I still cant barely figure out the whole rotation thing. I do know from flying a plane the horizon disappears. But how is the latitude and longitude explained away or the international date line. Worst part is I don't really see how that changes anything about God, so can you tell me what's the big deal. Still, it always comes down to the satellites and line of sight. Why does anyone need more than one if its flat? Does the asteroid belt come to back to us every year? I probably have a million questions so I quit thinking about it before I drive myself nuts.
I have sealed a letter with the wax and ring, and the wax forms more or less a half circle, up from the paper. It doesn't lie down flat till it is smashed down. I know you said you didn't have all the answers but if any of these are ones you have pondered, I would like to hear. Is there more scripture on any of it? Thank you.
It's a big deal to me because the love of the truth is a gift. When that finally sunk in, I no longer take it for granted. So we've been lied to, so what? It makes me angry. I'm beginning to sense more and more what the adversary has stolen. It's not a game, it's a real war, the fight for life is real. It's with the very one who tempted our Messiah. That one has been around for a lot longer than me. Who am I to think I am smart enough to outsmart him on my own? I'm not. That's why I stake my life on the Word, all scripture, on the Creator who created the heavens and earth and all that in them is, and rested on the 7th day.

You say from your experience in flight that the horizon disappears? To me it always appeared eye level on clear days, even the clouds. I have not flown since I've been studying on the situation of earth, about 2 years I think.

I've researched satellites, gps, first transatlantic phone call, cables across the Atlantic, of all things and how that ties in. It's just too much to convey here, and probably pointless I can't prove anything concerning that, it's just for my satisfaction, I have seen video of balloon satellite launches, I think those are real, just not the ones that look like they are made of aluminum foil, tin cans and curtain rods...where you see the cgi and wonder , "wait, who's filming this.?" hardy har