Food dyes

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lydever91

Senior Member
Aug 5, 2011
491
14
18
Lately I've been curious about the artificial dyes and their side effects. Today I've had enough of it. I bought a can of vanilla frosting, looked at the huge list of ingredients, and saw Red 40 in there. What's the use of the red dye if it's white frosting??

I'm thinking of writing a letter to the company, I think it's Pillsbury, about it. I can make my own frosting(although that's not the point) in about five minutes and have about three ingredients in it (that I can pronounce--what a concept!!!)

The president has to know about the risks right? Why would the UK have the dyes stated on the box more visibly (or so I've read)??
Another thing to mention, from what I've read, it's the same with HFCS in the UK.

Here is a sight where I got a lot of insight.
 
Red 40 may cause symptoms of hypersensitivity in some people, including swelling around the mouth, and it may also cause hives. The colorant might contain contaminants that may contribute to cancer in humans and could trigger hyperactivity in children. In a handful of studies, Red 40 damaged the DNA of mice, according to the CSPI.

Is Red 40 Food Coloring Dangerous to Your Health? | LIVESTRONG.COM
 
If we all(anyone against red40) wrote a strongly-worded letter suggesting the brand stop using the dye or we'll quite buying, or even pay an extra dime for the product, would they agree to it? It seems like it'd be worth it to try although we all know well enough the dye is intended to damage us and the fda doesn't care.
 
If we all(anyone against red40) wrote a strongly-worded letter suggesting the brand stop using the dye or we'll quite buying, or even pay an extra dime for the product, would they agree to it? It seems like it'd be worth it to try although we all know well enough the dye is intended to damage us and the fda doesn't care.

I would have thought if you take out a food dye that has no affect on the colour, it would make it cheaper ?
 
I always thought the same as well. Just like organic foods, if a farmer doesn't spray, they save money. Just get ladybugs/praying mantises to eat the bugs and all is well.