Food Shortages Coming!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
Is this different from the last time people said food shortages were coming?

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Even if the fig tree doesn't bloom and the grapes bear no fruit, lets continue to be happy with the Lord and bless the name of our Lord!

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
I guess it comes down to what person you want to believe. GOV says no food shortages. Another says its overblown. Just type in a year.. 2012 "Food shortages could force world into vegetarianism, warn scientists " "The world is closer to a food crisis than most people realise ..." on and on.

Now keeping most in some lock down.... I think food won't be our only problem.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I guess it comes down to what person you want to believe. GOV says no food shortages. Another says its overblown. Just type in a year.. 2012 "Food shortages could force world into vegetarianism, warn scientists " "The world is closer to a food crisis than most people realise ..." on and on.

Now keeping most in some lock down.... I think food won't be our only problem.
Perhaps a toilet paper shortage too. Of course, if no one is eating anymore it may not even be needed.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Matthew 24:7
“For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.”
We don't know when but Bible say it will be famines

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
This guy does not look like the Lord to me.
Such foolishness......some people drink the kool-aid by the bucket.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Here in America...
We won't actually face food shortages. We might face more food related supply chain issues...but not true shortages.

Many of the poorer countries?
You betcha!

These places will definitely feel the effect of limited supplies. Especially those who have food budgets that consume a major portion of their income.

Here in the USA an average household food budget is around 10-15% of their income. Other places that percentage can run 30%-60% because wages are low and food is commodity based prices.

Most in the modernized world live off of $9-12,000(US equivalent) each year. As the cost of groceries increases...people will go hungry. Usually they purchase lower cost food to begin with. Beans and rice are staples for most of the world for a reason. Meat is a "once a week " treat in most households.

As the cost of commodities increase (because of shrunken supplies) that usually starves out the poor.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Here in America...
We won't actually face food shortages. We might face more food related supply chain issues...but not true shortages.

Many of the poorer countries?
You betcha!

These places will definitely feel the effect of limited supplies. Especially those who have food budgets that consume a major portion of their income.

Here in the USA an average household food budget is around 10-15% of their income. Other places that percentage can run 30%-60% because wages are low and food is commodity based prices.

Most in the modernized world live off of $9-12,000(US equivalent) each year. As the cost of groceries increases...people will go hungry. Usually they purchase lower cost food to begin with. Beans and rice are staples for most of the world for a reason. Meat is a "once a week " treat in most households.

As the cost of commodities increase (because of shrunken supplies) that usually starves out the poor.
And what happens if the US is hit with an EMP that knocks out the electric grid as well as any electric device not protected so that water pumps and pumps at the gas station no longer work as well as 90-95% of all vehicles?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
https://www.fao.org/worldfoodsituation/foodpricesindex/en/

The food price index has taken off since 2020, from 98.1 to 159.3

The FAO Food Price Index* (FFPI) averaged 159.3 points in March 2022, up 17.9 points (12.6 percent) from February, making a giant leap to a new highest level since its inception in 1990. The latest increase reflects new all-time highs for vegetable oils, cereals and meat sub-indices, while those of sugar and dairy products also rose significantly.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
keep it simple- about 15 months ago, i could go to a supermarket and buy a can of corn for 50 cents. that same can of corn is now 75 cents. a 50% increase in 15 months.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
keep it simple- about 15 months ago, i could go to a supermarket and buy a can of corn for 50 cents. that same can of corn is now 75 cents. a 50% increase in 15 months.
I don't like canned corn

No doubt about it…end times are staring us in the face.