For those who are non denominational Christians.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
The term nondenominational is a misnomer. All nondenominational churches within the Christian faith, believe the tenets of Protestantism - sola scriptura, sola fide, sola gratia. They are a Protestant denomination. I think it is funny though that most Protestants call the Orthodox and RCC churches denominations - it is sort of like me calling my parents siblings.

The first nondenominational churches were persecuted by Lutherans and Calvinist - they were called Anabaptists.
are you blind, deaf, dumb nor can you not read, please tell me, for how can you say we are something when I blantly just spelled it out, what we believe and what we stand for..... just incase you need it more....
WE BELIEVE IN THE WHOLE BIBLE... FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION.......DUH! SO TIRED OF AROGANT AND PRIDEFUL PEOPLE, IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD,,, PLEASE GO RIGHT AND SING A SONG.... DONT KNOW WHERE YOU GET YOUR INFO FROM.... BUT WHAT IS BETTER.. TO GET IT FROM A SOURCE.. OR GOSSIP... FROM WHAT I SEE YOU MUST LIKE GOSSIP.... SO LOOK AT THE TRUTH.. STOP LISTENING TO LIES...

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
So you do personally believe in the trinity, you just don't call it that. One reason people may join a church is because they are unsure on the meaning of a scripture. Every church except for those that are non denominational or in a non denominational church have a set belief regarding the trinity. That is why I was curious as to how a person would interpret the scriptures without having the influence of a particular church regarding the trinity.
FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT THE SCRIPTURES ARE NOT INTERPRETED; THEY ARE REVEALED TO ME BY THE HOLY SPIRIT; SO IF AS I SAID " GOD " DOES NOT CALLED IT THAT THEN I DO NOT HAVE TO AGREE WITH WHAT MAN SAY... DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?
SO PLEASE REREAD ALLLLLL OF WHAT I SAID.... I AM NOT ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT GOD SAY I AM... I AM S T R I C K L Y B I B L E, ALL THE WORD OF GOD, WITHOUT THE MAN'S HANDS ON IT! OR WHAT YOU ALL CALL INTERPRTATIONS..... I RECEIVE AND BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD AS THE LORD GIVE IT TO ME BY THE REVELATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT...... DON'T NEED TO ADD NOTHING TO IT NOR DO I NEED TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM IT....... HOPE YOU GET THAT.... IF NOT LET ME ADD THIS, I AM NOT AND NEVER WILL BE UNDER THE TRADICTIONS NOR THE COMMANDMENTS OF MAN ; NOR THE DOCTRINE OF DEVILS, WHICH IS MAN WAY OF INTERPRATING THE WORD OF GOD..... IF IT IS NOT IN THE WORD WHICH IF YOU ARE SEEKING THE TRUTH, AND THE LORD PROMISES HE WILL GIVE IT TO THOSE WHO SEEK THE TRUTH... AND THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL BE THE ONE WHO WILL LEAD US THERE....... THEN I WILLL NOT LIVE BY IT !!!!!!!!!!. SIMPLE AS THAT......ALL GOD...ALLL HIS... WORD..... NONE OF MAN WHICH DENOMINATIONS LIVE MORE BY.... THEN THE WORD OF GOD.... NOW INTERPRTATE THAT!!!!!!

C

charisenexcelcis

Consider this, there are perhaps three hundred denominations. A significant barrier to spiritual unity--which should be our goal as Christians. On the other hand there are perhaps one hundred thousand independent churches and perhaps one humdred million individaul Christians who do not fellowship with a church. What begins as a problem becomes a catastrophe. How do you achieve spiritual unity, cooperation and fellowship between all of the independent churches.

May 21, 2009
Captain I'm glad your here and I'm sorry you were attacked. That is not how true Christians act.
The trinity is real.

G

GraceBeUntoYou

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, andable to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. " -- Hebrews 4:12

I'm not a non-denominational Christian, but let me tell you what the Bible says.

It is evident that Christ is before all things, before the creation of the world. As John 1:1 puts it, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Moreover, John 1:14 goes to say, "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." This passage goes hand and hand with Colossians 1:13-17:

For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

So then the question arises, if Jesus is God, how can He be His own Father?
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not three separate Gods. Hebrews 1:8 (God the Father speaking) says, "But of the Son He says, 'YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.'" The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are united as ONE God. This is what is meant when Jesus said in John 10:30, "I and the Father are one." One what? One God. This could be better illustrated by using a married couple as an example. The husband and wife are united as one couple, twain together as one flesh. Likewise, God is One.

If we refer back to the book of Genesis and to the book of Isaiah, we'll find several verses that support this:

• Genesis 1:16, "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'"

• Genesis 3:22, "Then the LORD God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever'--"

• Genesis 11:6-7, "The LORD said, 'Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them. Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another's speech.'"

• Isaiah 6:8, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' Then I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'"

Many will teach that Christ never claimed to be God, but Revelations 1:8-18, John 8:56-59, John 10:29-33 all sound like pretty strong claims to me.

"Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood." -- Acts 20:28

**All verses are from NASB

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, andable to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. " -- Hebrews 4:12

I'm not a non-denominational Christian, but let me tell you what the Bible says.

It is evident that Christ is before all things, before the creation of the world. As John 1:1 puts it, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Moreover, John 1:14 goes to say, "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." This passage goes hand and hand with Colossians 1:13-17:

So then the question arises, if Jesus is God, how can He be His own Father? Nor is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit three separate Gods. Hebrews 1:8 (God the Father speaking) says, "But of the Son He says, 'YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.'" The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are united as ONE God. This is what is meant when Jesus said in John 10:30, "I and the Father are one." One what? One God. This could be better illustrated by using a married couple as an example. The husband and wife are united as one couple, twain together as one flesh. Likewise, God is One.

If we refer back to the book of Genesis and to the book of Isaiah, we'll find several verses that support this:

• Genesis 1:16, "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'"

• Genesis 3:22, "Then the LORD God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever'--"

• Genesis 11:6-7, "The LORD said, 'Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them. Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another's speech.'"

• Isaiah 6:8, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' Then I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'"

Many will teach that Christ never claimed to be God, but Revelations 1:8-18, John 8:56-59, John 10:29-33 all sound like pretty strong claims to me.

**All verses are from NASB

Well said, there are far to many masquerading as Christians yet deny the Trinity, a fundamental truth..

G

GraceBeUntoYou

I'm non-demonisational but believe in the Trinity. Most people I've come across that dont believe in Trinity are presbyterians, anyone with a world wide church of god background, 7th day adventists, groups like that.
Yes, Presbyterians believe in the Trinity, as shown via their website. Jehovah Witnesses do not believe in the Trinity, but rather, believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, and I have also heard some Seventh Day Adventists make this outrageous, "Jesus is Michael the Archangel" claim as well.