I was pow wowing with a circle of friends on Marco Polo, discussing how bad everything has gotten. I was chiming in on the need to be thankful that the darkness is coming into the light, that bad cops are being dealt with, that residual racism and ignorances are seen, that we may be taking steps backwards, that we are all taking the fall for the few, but that this will be good in the long run. We are experiencing growth pains, but with God we can and will do better. A couple of my friends pointed out some of the things they have seen and witnessed first hand.
Well, it has me reflecting that maybe while more prayer is always needed, responding to what is going on out there with warmth and positivity leans towards a delusional mindset.
Hmmmm, you know what though…
There is a place where we can be super hopeful, super positive and in no way at the same time deny the full scope of reality.
Jesus, you are forever lovely, forever true, forever noble, forever admirable, forever praiseworthy….on and in You, I will rely. Only You can turn these ashes into beauty and I am so grateful to know this and even more to know You.
Well, it has me reflecting that maybe while more prayer is always needed, responding to what is going on out there with warmth and positivity leans towards a delusional mindset.
Hmmmm, you know what though…
There is a place where we can be super hopeful, super positive and in no way at the same time deny the full scope of reality.
Jesus, you are forever lovely, forever true, forever noble, forever admirable, forever praiseworthy….on and in You, I will rely. Only You can turn these ashes into beauty and I am so grateful to know this and even more to know You.