Forgiveness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

Saying it is bad form to question others because it seeks to silence them while endorsing questioning others... how contradictory can you get? I was not seeking to silence anyone. That is a false accusation you make.
Misdirection, much?
It's not bad form to question people.
It's bad form to attempt to disqualify an assertion by calling into question the persons personal integrity.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Misdirection, much?
It's not bad form to question people.
It's bad form to attempt to disqualify an assertion by calling into question the persons personal integrity.
Yet that is what you do. Hmmm... seems you cannot see it.

I was not trying to silence anyone. Just another false assertion/accusation.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT, Satan is not the only one who likes to bring up the past failures of a Believer; many who call themselves Christians like to do the same thing, and I can’t tell you just how wrong it is to do that.

Too many Christians enjoy holding the past over another Believer’s head, and yet they don’t like it when someone else does it to them! The bottom line is, we must adhere to the words of Christ: “For if you forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Heavenly Father forgive you” (Matthew 6:14-15).

Remember, God never works with what might have been; He works from what is. Man is the opposite; he likes to work with what might have been. But we should take a lesson from Christ, our example, and learn to forgive without ever again bringing up a person’s past failures. Being reminded of past failures not only hurts that person, but it also hinders the work of God. We must always remember that no one ever gets away with sin. When a Christian sins, and he goes before the Lord in humble contrition, the Bible teaches that God Is faithful and just to forgive us our sins (1 John 1:9). This, my friends is the gospel.

Pastor Gabriel Swaggart
Paragraph 2 above I think is a typo, I think the intention was Matthew 6:14-15 14For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Consider the source. I understand and remember. I used to listen to his father every day. If we do verse 14 then verse 15 is unnecessary to fret about.

M

morefaithrequired

Do you forgive people who dont forgive people?
or do you forgive people who dont forgive people for not forgiving people?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Are discernment and judgement the same things?

Can we discern something is not good for us or our loved ones without judging them?

I clearly need to get more savy on this case, because that video to me seemed so beautiful, so Christ centered. I do not understand why there is a debate here. We all agree we should forgive others and ourselves, right?

Obviously, I need to understand this case more. I am missing pertinent info.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

Can we discern something is not good for us or our loved ones without judging them?

I clearly need to get more savy on this case, because that video to me seemed so beautiful, so Christ centered. I do not understand why there is a debate here. We all agree we should forgive others and ourselves, right?

I didn't see the video. BRB.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

No. Discernment and judgement are not the same things.

They were arguing about a mis quotation from Jimmy Swaggart' s son posted by Message of the cross and didn't notice two verses were improperly mixed together. A silly mix up, please forgive.

L

Locoponydirtman

Humans will debate any and everything, especially Christians.

L

Locoponydirtman

On what basis do you make that assertion?
😁
You haven't been around here long enough.
They will debate you as to whether you were right or wrong in correcting them for their wrong doing. And use every rhetorical device they can muster.

L

Locoponydirtman

Yet that is what you do. Hmmm... seems you cannot see it.

I was not trying to silence anyone. Just another false assertion/accusation.
I know, it's always wrong to tell somebody that what they did is wrong.
My bad.

Jul 20, 2019
This is something I am still working on. I am in love with a narcissist, however her appalling behaviour put an end to any idea of romance. Its very hard to forget and forgive when your treated so badly, particularly when I was being so kind and generous. But here I am alone and forgiving.

M

morefaithrequired

You haven't been around here long enough.
They will debate you as to whether you were right or wrong in correcting them for their wrong doing. And use every rhetorical device they can muster.
i would have sent you a PM if I could. I was only jesting.

M

morefaithrequired

This is something I am still working on. I am in love with a narcissist, however her appalling behaviour put an end to any idea of romance. Its very hard to forget and forgive when your treated so badly, particularly when I was being so kind and generous. But here I am alone and forgiving.
you owe it to yourself to move on. find a more appreciative partner that values your company

Sep 3, 2016
Paragraph 2 above I think is a typo, I think the intention was Matthew 6:14-15 14For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Consider the source. I understand and remember. I used to listen to his father every day. If we do verse 14 then verse 15 is unnecessary to fret about.
The typo was my human error, it was corrected in post number 5.

L

Locoponydirtman

Forgiving and moving on is viable. Being forgiving does not mean you have to keep yourself in a vulnerable position to be abused.