Fornication in Old Testament.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2014
Ivan, THE TERRIBLE statement of yours against the writer is self-revealing.
How about Psalm 51?
So what is the moral of the psalm,?

That we could go on Fornicating, and killing the husbands of our lovers, and then sing psalm 51, and be completely forgiven?

The crime of David, compound to that He also have authority that He is abusing, But we that are just normal humans if we do such acts will be punished by law and God.

But David was spared by Both.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
Another Troll!

He doesn't want answers! He wants us to waste our time answering his nonsense instead of addressing real issues in genuine posts!

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!

D

DesiredHaven

Another Troll!

He doesn't want answers! He wants us to waste our time answering his nonsense instead of addressing real issues in genuine posts!

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!
I agree

Mar 23, 2014
God indicated from the beginning what the ideal was.

He created one man and one woman for that man

We also have slavery and other issues in the Bible that appear as though there are no directives regarding behavior from a biblical standpoint.

However, God is to be found wherever and in whatever situation we are...that would include all things introduced by mankind into the world made by God...things which He did not create

Some people base mulitple wives for one man on scripture...but scripture does not condone that; but at the same time there is no real directive for a man to divorce or put away all but one wife...it becomes both a moral and a cultural dilema...ie missionairies in countries where a man becomes a Christian and has more than one wife

The answer seems to be that things should stay as they are as divorcing women who have no means of taking care of themself would be cruel.

I've seen this argued over and over...my belief is that the ideal is one man and one woman as that was the original creation
This is not correct, and is an Idealism.

I am not defending the Idea of multiple relationships, but showing that the old testament can not be taken literally as the writer put to much of the cultural bias and made God in the image of its cultural views, and how this God is so different of the Loving God of the New testament.

about Multiple wives, it appear very early in genesis:

Genesis 4:19
Then Lamech took for himself two wives: the name of one was Adah, and the name of the second was Zillah.

and there is no one instruction any were that that was a forbidden practice and it was so accepted that all Great man of God had multiple relationships.

The other aspect I highlighted is the value of a woman on those days, seems to be much much lower than men.

I have mentioned the story of the Levite, no one has commented on it, this history correlates with the narration of Lot and the angels in Sodom ,
Lot prefers to offer his daughters, the Levite did the same sent his woman to be raped to save his life.
I will not send my wife or daughter to be raped, I will fight to dead.

But this people quite easily offer their wives and daughters to save the life of men. The narration is showing the low value of woman on those days.

Mar 23, 2014
Another Troll!

The issue is TO HOT to you that you blow your fuses and call me a troll, I am not inventing things and quoting the bible word by word.
If you do not like to study the Bible that is your problem not mine.

Last edited:
G

Galahad

Another Troll!

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!

MarcR
I was taken in by the troll, overtaken in a fault. Thank you for the reminder. I am learning.
It's like there needs to be a troll patrol.

Mar 23, 2014
MarcR
I was taken in by the troll, overtaken in a fault. Thank you for the reminder. I am learning.
It's like there needs to be a troll patrol.
OK no more argument , lets throw the troll word! and every think will be OK!!!!

That is that callled? Sectarisim? dogma? fanatisim?

You are free to call me anything you like..... you welcome!

M

MaggieMye

Nope! Zipporah was Madianite, the other was Ethiopian.

This is my question they were allowed or not, Exodous 20 talks about adultery, and do not covet the woman of you fellow. so was ok to cover if the woman was single? or widow.

The great Gods Men like Samsom, David, Salomon, and other did just have multiple relationships as it was perfectly normal.

Zipporah was a CUSHITE which was in Ethiopia: Cushite Woman; Ethiopian Woman - International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
The perspective has ALWAYS been one man/one woman. But God allowed FOR A TIME it to be otherwise for the purposes of populating the earth.

Feb 7, 2013
Apostle Paul said to the church of Galatians regarding the given 'Law of Moses' of the 'Old', that the 'Law' was given in the beginning through Moses to the people of Israel, to act as a 'custodian', until the 'liberator' will come, and to 'liberate' them all and the world from 'sin' and 'death'.

And so what these great men of GOD of the Old Testament committed as 'sin', is what Apostle Paul was battling with in Romans chapter 7.

And in Romans chapter 8;1, he 'testifies' that;

"Therefore now there is no condemnation ...................................."

And verse 2;
"........................ have been set free by the 'Spirit of liberty".

Therefore Christians have been saved from their multitude of their sins, out of GOD's Grace and Truth/Gospel, do they have the right to 'run down' GOD's own people who were bound in the fruit of carnality/fleshly and who did not see and experience this time of 'unmerited favor?

You have just committed 'spiritual fornication' against the Living GOD who gave you salvation, even those who just ate the crumbs, Gentiles, as a gift and not that you have lived sinless lives, before this or even now, and also against HIS suffered people in sin and death, before the coming of promised MESSIAH.

Repent! While you can.

T

Tintin

This is my question they were allowed or not, Exodous 20 talks about adultery, and do not covet the woman of you fellow. so was ok to cover if the woman was single? or widow.

The great Gods Men like Samsom, David, Salomon, and other did just have multiple relationships as it was perfectly normal.

Zipporah was a CUSHITE which was in Ethiopia: Cushite Woman; Ethiopian Woman - International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
The perspective has ALWAYS been one man/one woman. But God allowed FOR A TIME it to be otherwise for the purposes of populating the earth.
I seriously doubt polygamy was needed to populate the earth. Adam and Eve did quite well on their own, thank you very much. It's only later, that some men took more than one wife. Esau is the first to be recorded, but I'm sure there were plenty who did the same pre-Flood.

Mar 23, 2014
Apostle Paul said to the church of Galatians regarding the given 'Law of Moses' of the 'Old', that the 'Law' was given in the beginning through Moses to the people of Israel, to act as a 'custodian', until the 'liberator' will come, and to 'liberate' them all and the world from 'sin' and 'death'.

And so what these great men of GOD of the Old Testament committed as 'sin', is what Apostle Paul was battling with in Romans chapter 7.

And in Romans chapter 8;1, he 'testifies' that;

"Therefore now there is no condemnation ...................................."

And verse 2;
"........................ have been set free by the 'Spirit of liberty".

Therefore Christians have been saved from their multitude of their sins, out of GOD's Grace and Truth/Gospel, do they have the right to 'run down' GOD's own people who were bound in the fruit of carnality/fleshly and who did not see and experience this time of 'unmerited favor?

You have just committed 'spiritual fornication' against the Living GOD who gave you salvation, even those who just ate the crumbs, Gentiles, as a gift and not that you have lived sinless lives, before this or even now, and also against HIS suffered people in sin and death, before the coming of promised MESSIAH.

Repent! While you can.
Yes I am a sinner,... but please clarify which is my particular sin in this case!

Mar 23, 2014

Moses’ Cushite Wife | Dr. Claude Mariottini – Professor of Old Testament

(click the above link)

Zipporah was likely a relative of Moses and not ethiopian.

T

Tintin

I seriously doubt polygamy was needed to populate the earth. Adam and Eve did quite well on their own, thank you very much. It's only later, that some men took more than one wife. Esau is the first to be recorded, but I'm sure there were plenty who did the same pre-Flood.
Oh, bother. Sorry about that. It was actually Lamech who was the first man recorded to have two wives. Not Lamech, as in Noah's father, the Lamech before him.

Jan 25, 2015
Oh, bother. Sorry about that. It was actually Lamech who was the first man recorded to have two wives. Not Lamech, as in Noah's father, the Lamech before him.
Gen 4:19 And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

Apr 11, 2015
The Bible records human history, from a perfect creation to a fallen creation and to a restored creation in the New Heavens and New Earth. God's Word never encourages sins, it only records what happened, is happening and will happen in the future.
exactly right - two or more wrongs do not make a right or make it right but this was by developing semi barbarians and infidels and not by modern semi developed civilised Christians - wincam

E

ember

This is not correct, and is an Idealism.

I am not defending the Idea of multiple relationships, but showing that the old testament can not be taken literally as the writer put to much of the cultural bias and made God in the image of its cultural views, and how this God is so different of the Loving God of the New testament.

about Multiple wives, it appear very early in genesis:

Genesis 4:19
Then Lamech took for himself two wives: the name of one was Adah, and the name of the second was Zillah.

and there is no one instruction any were that that was a forbidden practice and it was so accepted that all Great man of God had multiple relationships.

The other aspect I highlighted is the value of a woman on those days, seems to be much much lower than men.

I have mentioned the story of the Levite, no one has commented on it, this history correlates with the narration of Lot and the angels in Sodom ,
Lot prefers to offer his daughters, the Levite did the same sent his woman to be raped to save his life.
I will not send my wife or daughter to be raped, I will fight to dead.

But this people quite easily offer their wives and daughters to save the life of men. The narration is showing the low value of woman on those days.

right...so your opinion trumps the word...got it.

In the beginning...open it up...its right in the beginning.

your motive is very questionable...sin is behind the behavior of taking multiple wives

hope you had fun..

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2014
right...so your opinion trumps the word...got it.

In the beginning...open it up...its right in the beginning.

your motive is very questionable...sin is behind the behavior of taking multiple wives

hope you had fun..
I Agree, so why we follow and admire the faith of those sinners, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Salomon...... etc. And in sermons and articles all around, made them example of how a men has to behave in front of God?

Feb 7, 2013
Yes I am a sinner,... but please clarify which is my particular sin in this case!
To whom this may concern upon the 'conviction' from the earlier 'post', that your sin is to 'mock' the doing of the men of GOD of the Old Testament. Even GOD did not even 'comment' any of these things, but only you and whoever have commented in this Tread against them, in HIS every Word HOLY BIBLE.

Who would do such things according to the HOLY BIBLE?

As it is written about the 'adversary' satan, that;

"The accuser of our brethren day and night."

That 'satan' nature is in us and it is the flesh/carnal and it's 'passions' and 'desires' and their fruits, written according to Galatians chapter 5, that actually wars against the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD.

As it is written in the Gospel, JESUS immediately corrected disciple Peter, who responded to JESUS in his flesh/carnal 'passions' and 'desires', that regarding JESUS death, it must not be spoken nor ever happen at all, even though prophesied Scripture of the Old says, this must happen and come to pass, that;

"Get behind me satan, you think like everyone else but what is written must happen."

Finally, as it is also written;

"Whoever here have not sinned, may cast the first stone at her."

Anyone in this forum worthy even 'mouthing' about others?

Isn't it is written that, every words of ours will be judged on judgement day?

Even JESUS's disciples did not dare accuse about others to JESUS, for JESUS new all of them.

Please take these 'correction' of GOD and HIS Word, of committing 'spiritual fornication', that is acting otherwise in the flesh/carnal nature once again, rather than the nature of the Word/CHRIST of GOD and SPIRIT of GOD, who still claims HE loves you and those who are 'convicted' and HE is still faithful.

Therefore confess all of your sins to HIM personally in a locked room or someone you trust and grow to sin no more and that is Grace and Truth/Gospel called repentance to the Living GOD.

FATHER in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST, i ask for your mercy in forgiveness for those who have come against you and your servants, even Israel, that they are forgiven in their ignorance or in their conscious, who have committed 'spiritual fornication'. i even ask you would help them in all their 'weaknesses', that they discovered reading you every WordCHRIST in the HOLY BIBLE and or in remembrance to all of them by the Help of the HOLY SPIRIT and when they 'acknowledge' them all to you to take them all away, and may you please therefore create in us a new heart of 'spirit' and 'truth' and not ever turn, wrestle against you nor against flesh and blood.

Thank you ABBA/FATHER again in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST, and All-Honor, All-Praise and All-Glory belong to you forever and ever, Amen.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2014
To whom this may concern upon the 'conviction' from the earlier 'post', that your sin is to 'mock' the doing of the men of GOD of the Old Testament. Even GOD did not even 'comment' any of these things, but only you and whoever have commented in this Tread against them, in HIS every Word HOLY BIBLE.

Who would do such things according to the HOLY BIBLE?

As it is written about the 'adversary' satan, that;

"The accuser of our brethren day and night."

That 'satan' nature is in us and it is the flesh/carnal and it's 'passions' and 'desires' and their fruits, written according to Galatians chapter 5, that actually wars against the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD.

As it is written in the Gospel, JESUS immediately corrected disciple Peter, who responded to JESUS in his flesh/carnal 'passions' and 'desires', that regarding JESUS death, it must not be spoken nor ever happen at all, even though prophesied Scripture of the Old says, this must happen and come to pass, that;

"Get behind me satan, you think like everyone else but what is written must happen."

Finally, as it is also written;

"Whoever here have not sinned, may cast the first stone at her."

Anyone in this forum worthy even 'mouthing' about others?

Isn't it is written that, every words of ours will be judged on judgement day?

Even JESUS's disciples did not dare accuse about others to JESUS, for JESUS new all of them.

Please take these 'correction' of GOD and HIS Word, of committing 'spiritual fornication', that is acting otherwise in the flesh/carnal nature once again, rather than the nature of the Word/CHRIST of GOD and SPIRIT of GOD, who still claims HE loves you and those who are 'convicted' and HE is still faithful.

Therefore confess all of your sins to HIM personally in a locked room or someone you trust and grow to sin no more and that is Grace and Truth/Gospel called repentance to the Living GOD.

FATHER in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST, i ask for your mercy in forgiveness for those who have come against you and your servants, even Israel, that they are forgiven in their ignorance or in their conscious, who have committed 'spiritual fornication'. i even ask you would help them in all their 'weaknesses', that they discovered reading you every WordCHRIST in the HOLY BIBLE and or in remembrance to all of them by the Help of the HOLY SPIRIT and when they 'acknowledge' them all to you to take them all away, and may you please therefore create in us a new heart of 'spirit' and 'truth' and not ever turn, wrestle against you nor against flesh and blood.

Thank you ABBA/FATHER again in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST, and All-Honor, All-Praise and All-Glory belong to you forever and ever, Amen.
Thanks for your eloquent and well intended words, it is just sad that you were not there to tell the people who killed hundreds of thousands of men woman, boys, old people etc etc, that the whom who is free of sin raise the sword and kill all this sinners, and get their land, and rape all their woman using forced marriages......... and that people were their close relatives also.