Free from the law??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 29, 2022
YOU do not keep the law "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart and with all thine strength" do not force upon others that which you and all your race signally have failed to do.

To revive the law is to revive sin.
Evmur, I do not force anything on anybody. You, like everyone else have free will . I just do as our father in heaven and his son Yeshua are asking which is to keep the commandments. See the previous posts no 15 and 16 of this thread with verses to this effect.

It is because I love the lord that I follow his commandments, does this displease you personally? If so why?

Peace be with you.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
It is because I love the lord that I follow his commandments, does this displease you personally? If so why?
I'll tell you what displeases me personally, not that you say you love the Lord, but that you're a false teacher. In your post #15 you said: "Dear brother in Christ, we are not free from the law but should seek to follow it wholeheartedly," Then you proceeded to list two long lists of commandments to keep.

My friend, you don't understand the gospel of Jesus and you shouldn't be on here pretending otherwise.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
YOU do not keep the law "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart and with all thine strength" do not force upon others that which you and all your race signally have failed to do.

To revive the law is to revive sin.
Is it best to ignore the law, so sin isn't revived? So its okay for me to steal and commit adultery, and take the Lords name in vain.

No law would mean the flesh could have it's selfish way without conviction.

Your right about us not keeping the law 100% but thank God Jesus did and imparts His righteousness to us.
Do continue to transgress the law because of Jesus.
No.

Rom 6:12-18
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
What was the foundation for the new testament? The old...
Understanding the old testament is vital for you to understand the new.

With out the old the new testament is a house without a foundation.

If i fail to stop at a red light, almost crash and find myself pulled over by a police officer, who is in trouble? Me. If the officer releases me from the law, does that mean the law has been change or removed?
No. I'm free from the curse of the law. I'm free from the penalties.

Sin is the transgression of the law.
Sin = death.
Jesus saves us from the second death.

Here is the point.....
When Jesus freed us from the curse of the law, ....
Did He pay the debt in full?
Or did He remove the law?
The OT gave us law in an earthly form. OT law tells us of actions we are given to symbolize the law. Cutting of flesh physically is given to symbolize the law of circumcision.

Christ explained that he fulfilled the law. We are told the reality of the law is not these symbols, Christ gave us the reality of the law. Christ gave the law to change us from living in the flesh to living in the spirit. We are given freedom from the law that simply guides our actions but not our heart. Our Father God gave us the actions to symbolize the law, now God tells us we are to use that law, not to guide our symbolic obedience to that law, but from our spirit that we give to God, as Christ and God speak with the same voice.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Is it best to ignore the law, so sin isn't revived? So its okay for me to steal and commit adultery, and take the Lords name in vain.

No law would mean the flesh could have it's selfish way without conviction.

Your right about us not keeping the law 100% but thank God Jesus did and imparts His righteousness to us.
Do continue to transgress the law because of Jesus.
No.

Rom 6:12-18
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Why do you want to steal and commit adultery? if Christ is truly in you would you want to do those things? yield yourself to Jesus then you will not want to commit adultery brother ... I will pray for your deliverance.

We obey Jesu's commands.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Evmur, I do not force anything on anybody. You, like everyone else have free will . I just do as our father in heaven and his son Yeshua are asking which is to keep the commandments. See the previous posts no 15 and 16 of this thread with verses to this effect.

Peace be with you.
because it is not wholly true.

it would be more true to say you try to follow His commandments but fail grievously. Let Jesus live His life IN YOU, something Moses knew nothing of, then you will be fulfilling all righteousness.

Oct 29, 2022
because it is not wholly true.

it would be more true to say you try to follow His commandments but fail grievously. Let Jesus live His life IN YOU, something Moses knew nothing of, then you will be fulfilling all righteousness.
Evmur, of course sometimes i fail to follow the law ( 10 commandments) as I would like but with time it became much more easy for me to do so it is not so hard to do. BLIK in the post above no 65 summarized it quite clearly;

The OT gave us law in an earthly form. OT law tells us of actions we are given to symbolize the law. Cutting of flesh physically is given to symbolize the law of circumcision.

Christ explained that he fulfilled the law. We are told the reality of the law is not these symbols, Christ gave us the reality of the law. Christ gave the law to change us from living in the flesh to living in the spirit. We are given freedom from the law that simply guides our actions but not our heart. Our Father God gave us the actions to symbolize the law, now God tells us we are to use that law, not to guide our symbolic obedience to that law, but from our spirit that we give to God, as Christ and God speak with the same voice.

Oct 29, 2022
I'll tell you what displeases me personally, not that you say you love the Lord, but that you're a false teacher. In your post #15 you said: "Dear brother in Christ, we are not free from the law but should seek to follow it wholeheartedly," Then you proceeded to list two long lists of commandments to keep.

My friend, you don't understand the gospel of Jesus and you shouldn't be on here pretending otherwise.
You obviously did not read the supposedly long list, except for the 10 commandments the rest are verses from the bible, old testamant and new testamant about following the the commandments. What you disagree with are words inspired by GOD given to us and the words of jesus himself. I follow the Gospel of Christ, you seem to follow another.

Peace.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Dino, you contradict the words of jesus and his father. You are wrong, most of the law was ceremonial law for the levite priests tending the temple and sanctuary, these are no longer in effect. The moral law, or the 10 commandments are still in effect, did you read the posts with the verses directly from scriptures? How can you possibly, contradict the teachings of jesus?
“How can you possibly, contradict the teachings of jesus?”

A Ten commandment carnal command obeyed or disobeyed by your Will with no presence of the Holy Spirit in you

When your speaking to sinful flesh you say “ you better not commit this sin or you will surely be put to death “ like this

The commandment

Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭20:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the resulting consequence

“And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭20:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a when your trying to seperate the Ten Commandments from the law your missing the point of the law this is the purpose of the law

“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the reason man knows what sin is is because of the law like this

“Thou shall not covet” that is what teaches us about lust and that it’s sinful like this remember what he’s said already

“by the law is the knowledge of sin.”

“What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

do you understand what he’s getting at ? The Ten Commandments are what you tell sinful people that are habitually and without conscience doing those things the law is given to carnal man these folks

“knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭1:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

that’s who the law is given to sinful ungodly lawless and profane unholy murderers liars and perjurers ect

In other words it’s for people who are living in those ways and not being aware that it’s sin or that it’s going to destroy them they don’t have any understanding of what sin is therefore they need to hear the law in order to have knowledge of their sin

This is the role of the law of Moses to give the knowledge of sin and death to sinners who are headed for death

no one can ever repent and have thier sins remitted if they don’t know what sin is or that it’s going to destroy them

a you have to be made aware “ I sinned “ before you can repent is the use of the law when the gospel comes forth it’s a precursor to salvation and isn’t the law of God in Christ Jesus the gospel is Gods true everlasting word

If we never get to the point Where we don’t need to look at a rule saying “ don’t kill “ we aren’t born of Gods spirit yet if we need to constantly look at a rule saying “ don’t lie “ it’s telling us we aren’t yet walking in truth .

the law came to show mankind what sin is so we understand it’s death and will lead us to death and then the gospel came to reveal life to mankind we die to God by the words of the law that condemn sinners to death

“For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭2:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That’s why we get baptized and accept the New Testament being as though we are already put to death by the law

“Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7

T he law produces this fruit

“For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held;

that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

sin just these few examples you have several statements

“by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”

“now we are delivered from the law,”

the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners,”

what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another”

consider how clear And consistent the message it’s when we acknowledge what we didn’t understand before in scriptire that we grow in understanding

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Galatians 3:10.

Deal with it.
Amen but even more so if we do t limit it to one verse consider how many clear statements re there in chapter three concerning this subject

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. ( people who don’t understand the law think they can divide it but the law is one complete law that justifies no one because it’s not a word of faith spoken by Christ our justifier before God )

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:10-12‬ ‭

how can we say I’m saved by faith if we’re looking to a law that isn’t made of faith ? Can’t justify us , and requires perfect obedience to hundreds of commands

So what purpose does the law then serve ? was the law permanent ? AnD was it ordained by God the father and mediated by the son the one mediator between God and man ?

Wherefore then serveth the law?

It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;

and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So are we Christian’s still under the law ?

“But the scripture hath concluded all under sin,( by the law ) that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. ( the gospel )

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith ( the gospel ) is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.”( the law )
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:22-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The law was leading somewhere better to faith it changed here when the law ends and Gods word of life begins

“The law and the prophets were until John:

since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭

Faith comes from what Jesus said not from the law

at he curse of the law is upon every sinnner and the blessing and remission of sins offered freely in the gospel is upon every believer

christians shouldn’t need to have sin constantly explained to us and that it’s bad and will destroy us that’s for carnal folk not born again Christian’s learning the gospel from Christ Jesus

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The moral laws must have been present from the start. Adam sinned, and cain sinned, and the people before the flood were all sinning. The moral law defines sin.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses,.....

The moral law has always been there. It is true we can not be saved by keeping the law but we are told to follow the master we love.

If you follow satan your actions and deeds, your works will be shown.
If you follow Jesus the law will be followed not to be saved but because you love your master.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Because Jesus lived a perfect live and will give His perfect righteousness to cover our sin stained lives, this does not mean we can transgress the moral law on purpose.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Moses wrote the carnel law in stone, Christ did not change that law given by the Father, but fulfilled it by giving us the spirit of law. In Matthew 5 Christ repeated five laws of the Father, telling us “You have been told” and then explaining the spirit of the law “but I tell you”.

The law was written in the stone of the earth, Christ wrote it on our hearts. This is the law as it is in our heart--Matthew 22:35-40
“And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

John MacArthur wrote this about how the law under Moses is the same as the law under Christ.
  • Commandment 1: Love is loyal — You shall not have any gods before me
  • Commandment 2: Love is faithful — You shall not make any carved image
  • Commandment 3: Love is reverent — You shall not take the name of God in vain
  • Commandment 4: Love is set apart — Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy
  • Commandment 5: Love is respectful — Honor your father and your mother
  • Commandment 6: Love is humane — You shall not kill
  • Commandment 7: Love is pure — You shall not commit adultery
  • Commandment 8: Love is unselfish — You shall not steal
  • Commandment 9: Love is truthful — You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
  • Commandment 10: Love is contented — You shall not covet
(Source: John MacArthur,

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

The last 6 commandments are about how we treat each other.
To really love each other will result in those 6 commandments being fulfilled, or obeyed.
They should be kept for the right reason. Because the love of God is in our hearts.

The first 4 commandments are about our relationship with God. Love for God. If we love God with all our heart.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

The moral laws have not changed. The 10 commandments are the moral laws that God wants to write on our hearts.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Evmur, of course sometimes i fail to follow the law ( 10 commandments) as I would like but with time it became much more easy for me to do so it is not so hard to do. BLIK in the post above no 65 summarized it quite clearly;

God gave us His Spirit, that's wot God gave us.

"the law came by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ and we have all received of His grace .... grace upon grace"

If you break one law you are guilty of the whole, the law has no mercy. If you live by the law you must pay the penalty for each breach.

In fact the law incites the flesh to sin because to the day we die our flesh remains at enmity with God and must rise up against Him in rebellion. The way to do is to PUT TO DEATH the doings of the flesh by the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit.

That is how Jesus fulfilled the law, He paid it's penalty in full, He died.

We have died with Him and are risen up together with Him to live forever. What power then can the law have over us?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The moral laws must have been present from the start. Adam sinned, and cain sinned, and the people before the flood were all sinning. The moral law defines sin.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses,.....

The moral law has always been there. It is true we can not be saved by keeping the law but we are told to follow the master we love.

If you follow satan your actions and deeds, your works will be shown.
If you follow Jesus the law will be followed not to be saved but because you love your master.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Because Jesus lived a perfect live and will give His perfect righteousness to cover our sin stained lives, this does not mean we can transgress the moral law on purpose.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
the law came after mans corruption and sin as a response to mans transgression

“Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You can actually see it come as a response to mans sin like this

“And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭4:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

that’s why God said this

“Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭9:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

which became in the law “ thou shalt not kill “ anyone who kills must surely
Be put to death “

before Man became wicked there was no need to teach man what they better not do or else as sin grew in man the laws of morality became necassary

It’s a wicked person who’s inclined to kill that you tell “don’t do it or else “ it’s when a person is a liar that you have to teach them not to lie , a person who is driven by sexual lust that’s who you have to tell out sexual morality laws and marriage and adultery ect

at here was no law needed until man began to sin and became wicked the law came because of mans wickedness

“And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. ( mankind needs now to be told what’s right and wrong and need to be told stop sinning or you will die )

And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:5-7‬ ‭

The law of Moses ( everything Moses wrote on his book ) was added in later by Moses from Mount Sinai

“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Christian morals come by the gospel not the law one word is carnal the other is spiritual one will solve the problem
Of the sin the other will Antagonize

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: ( a ten commandment )

but I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:27-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

if we look at the spiritual and follow it will remove the action from
Our life no one commits adultery if they don’t allow themselves to lust and plot and plan beforehand we need to solve our inner issues that will remove the actions of sin everything we do comes from inside our heart we need to go to the gospel and learn about the spiritual things of God

awe only commit sexual sin whether adultery or for ovation or really any perversion men do we only do that because we harbor lustful thoughts and desires and intentions jesus is calling us to solve the issue that leads
Man to sin

the law is like putting handcuffs on a criminal it’s a restraint for the flesh until the gospel was given and spirit came forth if we have a corrupt heart always desiring lustful sinful things , and we restrain ourselves from the act , we haven’t solved anything we’re just wearing a shackle

we need to change this issue and the gospel Is able to do it the law is not able only faith can change this

“And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: all these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7:20-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel is about solving that issue that’s what faith is about you hear the gospel and believe the things Jesus came to tell us and his word is able to do this and heal Our heart

Hearing and believing the gospel does this to solve the issue we have that leads us to act sinfully

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

that’s why this is salvation for all who believe

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

because moses word isn’t this word but the gospel is

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel , the things Jesus taught his disciples is where a Christian finds the morality of Gods children we don’t find it in Moses law Moses law was given to the carnal unspiritual people these folks need to be told “ don’t lie cheat and steal or I’ll destroy you “

“knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭1:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

but the gospel it’s for being reborn changed inside at our heart and mind , taught by the lord who came to be among man who came sayong “ this is me here’s my word of life believe and I will give you eternal Life “

the gospel changes believers the law condemns any and all who have sinned and can’t change a person in any way once you have the gospel the law becomes the old thing that led you there

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
+-------------------
We have died with Him and are risen up together with Him to live forever. What power then can the law have over us?[/QUOTE]The power that the law has over us is that if we prefer to break it rather than repent of it, the law can kill us.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Free from the law = free from the penalty of the law. This in a sense mean the law is not affectting us, no penalty for us.

But we need to remember why the penalty has been taken away.

Because Jesus paid the penalty for us. Thanks to Jesus we are free from the condemnation of the law.

Sin is the transgression of the law.
Sin = eternal death.

Jesus paid the debt for us, and that means the law has not changed, if Jesus removed the law we are not condemned today. No law = no sin but we need forgiveness to be free.

Do we transgress the law because Jesus is able to pay it? Should i continue to sin because Jesus is gracious and merciful?

The law has not been changed. But God has made a way to be free from the condemnation of the law.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.