Free from the law??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
We all fail, we are all in need of the grace and mercy of Jesus.
Do we throw out the law because it is too hard. We turn to Jesus the source of true love, true faith and true obedience. Through faith we can be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Rom 8:1-7
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The righteousness of the law can be fulfilled in us if the flesh is dead and Christs Spirit is ruling in us.
Jesus fulfilled the law because no other man could. You got a big "if" there. I don't have that hanging over my head.

Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a feast, a New Moon, or
a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.

For the law is only a shadow of the good things to come, not the realities themselves.

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Now then, why do you test God by placing on the necks of the disciples
a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?

You who are trying to be justified by the law have been
alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Friend, you have called me deceitful, a liar and also a false witness in your post, you made yourself my judge. know that I forgive you. I disagree with almost everything you wrote
No ----that is a Cop out answer -----your using the blame game now cause you have read the the truth of God's word and you don't like what it says -----so you have to say I am your judge ---when the Word who is Jesus is your judge -----I posted Truth ---how YOU JUDGE the TRUTH is on you not me -------

you can find one in the previous post no 15 and 16, they are proofs that the 10 commandments are still valid. I am willing to discuss further but we need to be respectful and not judge.
No ---you can't prove that you should Follow the 613 laws today in Scripture ---that is just YOU making up your OWN Doctrine to follow the 613 laws ----and to keep them in play

This proves that God Made the the Laws nil in effect for today ---the laws themselves are perfect but there purpose was a hindrance to man not a help -----

What is it that you don't get in this scripture ----it says the Old Mosaic Covenant has been made obsolete ----

what does obsolete mean here ----WELL LETS SEE ----

Strong's Concordance
palaioó: to make or declare old
Original Word: παλαιόω

Definition: to make or declare old
Usage: I make old, declare obsolete; pass: I grow old, become obsolete.

a. to make ancient or old,; passive to become old, to be worn out,

. to make ancient or old, ; passive to become old, to be worn out, of things worn out by time and use, as that which is becoming old, Hebrews 8:13 (Plato, symp., p. 208 b.; Tim., p. 59 c.).

b. to declare a thing to be old and so about to be abrogated: Hebrews 8:13 (see γηράσκω, at the end).

So we see ---
The Laws became worn out -for anyone who has received Jesus in their hearts -unbelievers like the Jews who have not received Jesus are still under the Curse of the Law and are Doomed without Jesus -------as are all unbelievers in the Gentile nation --------

Oct 29, 2022
No ----that is a Cop out answer -----your using the blame game now cause you have read the the truth of God's word and you don't like what it says -----so you have to say I am your judge ---when the Word who is Jesus is your judge -----I posted Truth ---how YOU JUDGE the TRUTH is on you not me -------

No ---you can't prove that you should Follow the 613 laws today in Scripture ---that is just YOU making up your OWN Doctrine to follow the 613 laws ----and to keep them in play

This proves that God Made the the Laws nil in effect for today ---the laws themselves are perfect but there purpose was a hindrance to man not a help -----

What is it that you don't get in this scripture ----it says the Old Mosaic Covenant has been made obsolete ----

what does obsolete mean here ----WELL LETS SEE ----

Strong's Concordance
palaioó: to make or declare old
Original Word: παλαιόω

Definition: to make or declare old
Usage: I make old, declare obsolete; pass: I grow old, become obsolete.

a. to make ancient or old,; passive to become old, to be worn out,

. to make ancient or old, ; passive to become old, to be worn out, of things worn out by time and use, as that which is becoming old, Hebrews 8:13 (Plato, symp., p. 208 b.; Tim., p. 59 c.).

b. to declare a thing to be old and so about to be abrogated: Hebrews 8:13 (see γηράσκω, at the end).

So we see ---
The Laws became worn out -for anyone who has received Jesus in their hearts -unbelievers like the Jews who have not received Jesus are still under the Curse of the Law and are Doomed without Jesus -------as are all unbelievers in the Gentile nation --------
I am sorry you follow false doctrine and I NEVER said I follow the 613 but only the 10
This is my last reply to you, good luck to you.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
read all here -----

https://www.the613commandments.com/The-List-of-the-613-Commandments.html

The 613 Commandments
# Commandment Scripture

I say ---- here is a good one that we all would fail at keeping without the Help of God's powerful Grace and the Holy Spirit indwelling in us -------so if you fail in keeping this on you fail all 613 according to Scripture -------

Do not follow the whims of your heart or what your eyes see----Numbers 15:39

Here is another sight that lists the 613 laws with the scripture

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/756399/jewish/The-613-Commandments-Mitzvot.htm

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
I am sorry you follow false doctrine and I NEVER said I follow the 613 but only the 10
This is my last reply to you, good luck to you.
Ya-----LOL ----- Not Surprised it is your last reply to me ---you don't like hearing the Truth -----so good luck to you keeping the 613 laws or even the 10 you say you keep --which by the way GOES against Scripture ---

Some just keep their heads in the sand -------re the law -----Take heed Folks

Blessings ------

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: ...... 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

The old covenant has passed away. But the 10 commandments is not the old covenant. They are faultless and the old covenant was faulty.
The Ten Commandments are part of the old covenant. I explained that already.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Because Jesus lived perfectly and gives us the perfect righteousness (perfect obedience) as a gift, do we have the right to be disobedient at will?

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
and has been fulfilled
Remember there are two laws, the moral laws and the laws of ordances.
Because Jesus fulfilled the moral law for us, should we transgress it on purpose.
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Jesus gave the 10 commandments.
You are saying to make the law void.
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The very fact that it was necessary for Jesus to give his life for the fallen race, shows that the law of God will not release man from one tittle of its claims upon him.

So the law remains but by faith in Jesus we are freed from the penalty of the law.

So do we break the law on purpose? Can we serve 2 masters?

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. 7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Delivered from the laws ability to kill us. It does not mean the law is made void.
We now serve in the newness of the Spirit.

Rom 6:12-18
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The Ten Commandments are part of the old covenant. I explained that already.
The old covenant ended. But that does not mean anything that was part of it ended...

God was part of the old Covenant and He did not end when it ended.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The old covenant ended. But that does not mean anything that was part of it ended...

God was part of the old Covenant and He did not end when it ended.
That is utter nonsense. A party to the covenant is not part of the covenant.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Please show me were?
Your Ignorance in understanding the Laws and their Function is Really showing up here ------

and

also your ignorance in understanding your Human Sinful Nature that you are born with is also really showing up here -----

Are you born a Jew ??????????---if not -----you were never involved in keeping the 613 laws ----they did NOT APPLY to any Gentiles -----and that includes the 10 Commandments

-you were doomed to hell until Jesus came and were grafted in ---the laws were ONLY given to the Jews to bring them to Christ ------

God's 613 laws are perfect -----Man is imperfect =====No man can keep God's Perfect laws ----they will fail in thought word and deed ------we Humans are born corrupt and imperfect ------we are born away from God and are doomed to hell ----our Nature is corrupt -----our thinking is corrupt ----our actions are corrupt

-Jesus is the only one who was SINLESS and Righteous and only HE was able to keep the Perfect 613 Laws that God put in place ---as we flawed humans have not the ability to do so -------

Enough said ------not rocket science ----see verse 19 below

Romans 3
No One Is Righteous
9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:

No One Is Righteous

9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”[b]

13 “Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”[c]
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”[d]
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”[e]
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,

17 and the way of peace they do not know.”[f]
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”[g]

19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.

20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Your Ignorance in understanding the Laws and their Function is Really showing up here ------

and

also your ignorance in understanding your Human Sinful Nature that you are born with is also really showing up here -----

Are you born a Jew ??????????---if not -----you were never involved in keeping the 613 laws ----they did NOT APPLY to any Gentiles -----and that includes the 10 Commandments

-you were doomed to hell until Jesus came and were grafted in ---the laws were ONLY given to the Jews to bring them to Christ ------

God's 613 laws are perfect -----Man is imperfect =====No man can keep God's Perfect laws ----they will fail in thought word and deed ------we Humans are born corrupt and imperfect ------we are born away from God and are doomed to hell ----our Nature is corrupt -----our thinking is corrupt ----our actions are corrupt

-Jesus is the only one who was SINLESS and Righteous and only HE was able to keep the Perfect 613 Laws that God put in place ---as we flawed humans have not the ability to do so -------

Enough said ------not rocket science ----see verse 19 below

Romans 3
No One Is Righteous

No One Is Righteous

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”[b]

13 “Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”[c]
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”[d]
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”[e]
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,

17 and the way of peace they do not know.”[f]
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”[g]

19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.

20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.
I agree with the bible verses.
They strengthen my understanding.
Please help me to see how I'm a sinner and conscious of sin without a law?
Is the law of the 10 commandments convicting you of sin or not.

We are all born sinners, but choosing to sin is not forced on us. We by God's power can be freed from the chains of sin.

Justification by grace is the righteousness of Christs placed on us. 100% forgiveness and perfect in God's eyes.

Sanctification is Christ in us transforming us into His image.

We are lost and helpless but i believe Christ has given us a way to be free from sin.

The law points out the sin and Christ can free us in multible ways.

Is the law convicting you or not?
Rom 6:14-18
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 7:7-8 KJV 7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Without the law sin is dead.

We agree we are sinners in need of help

My solution is to claim Christs righteousness and the sanctifying work He wants to do in us.

Your solution is to remove the law so sin isn't alive.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
I agree.
What made Jesus righteous?
He obeyed the law perfectly.
We fail and all have sinned.

So are how are we (by faith) renewed, transformed, recreated in Christs image if the law of righteousness is ended?

Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

To be clear I'm not saying we are righteous by keeping the law. Righteousness comes by faith alone.

I saying we don't make void the law by faith, we estabish the law by faith.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
My solution is to claim Christs righteousness and the sanctifying work He wants to do in us.
How do you claim Christ's righteousness ---and the sanctifying work as you say He wants to do in us ??