Free Will verses Fate/Divine Intervention: Judas Iscariot "free will" verses Saul/Paul "fate"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 22, 2019
Free Will discussion, #390674938167342890368296513904564895294715765
Literally
Sorry I'm a new member so I'm probably going to ask alot of questions you senior members have already answered so many times, hope you won't get bored with me

7seasrekeyed

GOD wrote with his finger not to cause human death, then apparently instructed Moses to kill adulterers with stones. GOD is never inconsistant and would not contradict his own law which is why the Scribes and Pharisees thought they had Jesus over a barrel so to speak. The Holy Spirit directed Jesus on how to deal with this situation in a verbal sense not the scriptures. The Holy Spirit gave Peter powers beyond what I have seen in any of the people I have had the pleasure of talking to about GOD, even those who claim they have been blessed by such, so I do believe the Holy Spirit bestows different abilities and enlightenments on different people.
I'm sorry I don't do sacasm well so I don't know what you mean by split offs sorry. Discern to recognize or understand something that is not clear that is indeed a job for the Holy Spirit of GOD.
I have never read where Jesus tells us to judge others, most scriptures indicate quite the opposite, do we have different bibles, mines the english standard version.

the 10 commandments.

again, READ what Jesus said about judgement...I have provided a good and simple article from another site...which I have linked to...

psots 42 and 43

let's discuss what JESUS said about judging

splitt-offs...denominations...all saying they have THE truth

read what Jesus said about judging and you may not come back and say He said nothing

we need discernment DESPERATELY in this age. EVERY Christian should pray for it and study what it is. we receive discernment through instruction from scripture and also life experience where we APPLY what we learn

7seasrekeyed

Sorry I'm a new member so I'm probably going to ask alot of questions you senior members have already answered so many times, hope you won't get bored with me
this forum constantly has members leaving and new ones coming in

many of us never grow tired of sharing Christ and we wish all to come to the full knowledge of Him

not that anyone here has achieved that, but we purpose to follow scripture

so no worries :)

Jul 22, 2019
the 10 commandments.

again, READ what Jesus said about judgement...I have provided a good and simple article from another site...which I have linked to...

psots 42 and 43

let's discuss what JESUS said about judging

splitt-offs...denominations...all saying they have THE truth

read what Jesus said about judging and you may not come back and say He said nothing

we need discernment DESPERATELY in this age. EVERY Christian should pray for it and study what it is. we receive discernment through instruction from scripture and also life experience where we APPLY what we learn
I don't know where your directing me to, I'm not being difficult I really don't and I am sorry please leave a list of scriptures I can search my bible for to read about Jesus telling man he could judge other men..... as for splitt-offs Let me share something personal for me with you
denominational "a demon in a nation that should be all"
Jesus said "a house divided against itself will not stand" religion at its core separates the people of GOD. There is only one Church and that is the Body of Christ and I think everyone will agree Jesus the Christ is the only true WORD of GOD.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Hello Nehemiah6 Your responses confuse me? You say he is a devil Jesus equates with Satan, but you also say he could obtain forgiveness. Do you believe Satan can obtain forgiveness?
Sorry for the confusion. Someone said that Judas did not have "a chance" to obtain forgiveness. So I pointed out that he did indeed have that chance at the foot of the cross. But in reality, he would not truly repent and be forgiven, and he would remain "the Son of Perdition" (the child of damnation) destined for Hell.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i hope we never get to the point where we expect everyone new to read the 500,000 posts that came before them before we can be bothered to talk ;)

welcome to CC, btw. bring salt :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Who's choice is what?
i mean, God intervenes. God chooses to do so.
if i choose something, and God intervenes, then whose choice or will comes out on top, mine or His?
He can & does surely prevent me from doing things my heart would do, if it were unrestrained. and He compels me to do things that left to myself, i wouldn't.

so it's another central paradox in this topic: if man has will, God does too. and if God acts, does His action over-rule man's will? some people say 'oh He's perfect gentleman, He would never' -- but i don't see that borne out in scripture, or in my life: not as an absolute. sometimes He gives us 'enough rope' and sometimes He ropes us back in, too.

so if you've got God intervening - and you do - then you've got God affecting what man sees as his own choice. we love, because He first loved us. without that He took that first step, initiating in us a work, would we even be able to love, at all?

Dec 12, 2013
Amen and well said Sister Pom! Peace and love!❤❤❤
Of course....anytime anyone opposes me or falsely accuses me it is well said......even if wrong, false or erroneous.......so far twice today I have seen you place positive statements on at least 2 things directed at me in error....

You know, calling evil good is not biblical right

Jul 22, 2019
i hope we never get to the point where we expect everyone new to read the 500,000 posts that came before them before we can be bothered to talk ;)

is the salt for the popcorn? it took me a minute

7seasrekeyed

I don't know where your directing me to, I'm not being difficult I really don't and I am sorry please leave a list of scriptures I can search my bible for to read about Jesus telling man he could judge other men..... as for splitt-offs Let me share something personal for me with you
Jesus said "a house divided against itself will not stand" religion at its core separates the people of GOD. There is only one Church and that is the Body of Christ and I think everyone will agree Jesus the Christ is the only true WORD of GOD.
I was directing you to a couple of posts numbers 42 and 43

you will find that post 43 especially has plenty of scripture

these posts are copy/pastes from another website called 'Got Questions' and you can get to that website by clicking on the blue 'source' word...meaning these are not my words but are from another source

this is a common practice to do this a forum...when you want to insert something you did not write yourself, you source the info

I don't think you are being difficult. and you have the scriptures as I indicated

does not compute with me. sorry. no need to explain..sometimes a break, such as Luthers' from the Catholic church, is what is needed

corruption is common

yes we are members of Christ's body, but not everyone who says that they are, actually are and many 'members' have no teaching and are sometimes the loudest members when they need to, pardon me, shut up. I don't mean that as intended for you at all...I am just saying something that needs to be said

L

Locoponydirtman

adverb
in the way or manner indicated, described, or implied:
Do it so.

in that or this manner or fashion; thus:
So it turned out.

conjunction
in order that (often followed by that):
Check carefully, so any mistakes will be caught.
with the result that (often followed by that):
He checked carefully, so that the mistakes were caught.

pronoun
such as has been stated:
to be good and stay so.
something that is about or near the persons or things in question, as in number or amount:
Of the original twelve, five or so remain.

interjection
(used as an exclamation of surprise, shock, discovery, inquiry, indifference, etc., according to the manner of utterance.)

adjective
true as stated or reported; conforming with reality or the fact:
Say it isn't so.

Ok.

7seasrekeyed

for some reason, the expression 'well said' irks me in places I have yet to discover

funny thing that :unsure:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Haha, I have actually met people like that online, those who say things like, please read all I have said on this matter, and they may then point to five years worth of writing, or to a thread that has hundreds of their posts scattered throughout, and I am like, really, dude? You have got to be kidding, LOL, but nope, they are not :giggle:

L

Locoponydirtman

Sorry, I was making a joke that you being new here would not be able to relate to, and thusly a bad joke, and inappropriate.

Please accept My sincere apologies to you. And know that you never have to apologise to me.

Most surely please post any topic you want to talk about. It really does not matter how many times a subject is discussed, if one person needs to talk about it, it is worth having that discussion again as required.

Actually new thought and information may very well be brought out as fresh minds discuss the subject. So please don't feel hindered.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Of course....anytime anyone opposes me or falsely accuses me it is well said......even if wrong, false or erroneous.......so far twice today I have seen you place positive statements on at least 2 things directed at me in error....

You know, calling evil good is not biblical right

Amen dc and THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Doesn't feel so good does it? I'm not against YOU just how you lack tact and discretion and LOVE when you address others!

Dec 12, 2013
Amen dc and THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Doesn't feel so good does it? I'm not against YOU just how you lack tact and discretion and LOVE when you address others!
So what..the LATTER is not contrary to scripture and that is what you cannot grasp.....

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Haha, I have actually met people like that online, those who say things like, please read all I have said on this matter, and they may then point to five years worth of writing, or to a thread that has hundreds of their posts scattered throughout, and I am like, really, dude? You have got to be kidding, LOL, but nope, they are not :giggle:
i asked @Yahshua the other day why he picked his screen name, and he literally refused to answer, telling me that he 'explained in 2013 in his intro thread'

:confused:

is it really so hard lol