Friday Pleaseee

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
It's FriYAY!
Finally.
So to relax. I can relate to the ones who have a hard time settling. I actually feel like on the weekends I need to be doing something to burn stress off. Usually it's gardening/landscaping. I have realized though that if I don't at least try to chill a bit like physically, I never actually rest up for the week. Work is super stressful.
I think reading helps me disengage a bit. I don't have TV/cable, don't watch movies. (boy does that sound boring). For several years, i only heard about major news via word of mouth. It honestly was lovely. Maybe it's about what we don't do that helps us relax. Hmm...
I enjoy nature walks with my good camera. That really is a fun hobby.
If I lived close to the beach, where there weren't a lot of people, that would be where I'd have my chair, coffee and journal on a Saturday morning, with bare feet in the sand.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It's FriYAY!
Finally.
So to relax. I can relate to the ones who have a hard time settling. I actually feel like on the weekends I need to be doing something to burn stress off. Usually it's gardening/landscaping. I have realized though that if I don't at least try to chill a bit like physically, I never actually rest up for the week. Work is super stressful.
I think reading helps me disengage a bit. I don't have TV/cable, don't watch movies. (boy does that sound boring). For several years, i only heard about major news via word of mouth. It honestly was lovely. Maybe it's about what we don't do that helps us relax. Hmm...
If I lived close to the beach, where there weren't a lot of people, that would be where I'd have my chair, coffee and journal on a Saturday morning, with bare feet in the sand.
I live about 5 miles from the Gulf of Mexico but have only been there twice in 6 years.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
No time? No interest? No ability? Just life in general? Now you have me super curious.
Just busy I guess. From what you described I would not consider boring at all. I currently live in Clearwater which is next to Tampa and St. Petersburg. When I lived in Orlando I mainly went to Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. In 20 years living there probably went to the beach on the Atlantic side 10 times. I really need to learn how to relax. One factor is fighting the crowds but with the virus this is not currently a problem.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It's FriYAY!
Finally.
I used to average reading a book a week. Did that for years but the last few years I have just been too busy and too tired. I rarely watch TV. I once went 5 years without even turning it on. You are right about work being stressful. I have been working for the man since the age of 17 and now I'm 65 and burned out. Still working though. I guess that CC is my hobby and how I relax just a little bit. I have met many quality members on this site. Even married one.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
I used to average reading a book a week. Did that for years but the last few years I have just been too busy and too tired. I rarely watch TV. I once went 5 years without even turning it on. You are right about work being stressful. I have been working for the man since the age of 17 and now I'm 65 and burned out. Still working though. I guess that CC is my hobby and how I relax just a little bit. I have met many quality members on this site. Even married one.
That is a really long time to be working for the same person. Wowzas. I feel ya in the tired zone. So, no retirement any time soon? Isn't that what 65 is for? Lols I probably won't be retired by then either. You married a CC person. That's super cool.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
No in IT operations (sr systems analyst) 12 hour shifts
Oh my goodness. 12 hour shifts. That's killer. I do a lot of data analyzing, not IT at all, but I don't think I could do that kind of work for 12 hours a day. The thing I always marvel about IT people is their incredible patience and persistence.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Oh my goodness. 12 hour shifts. That's killer. I do a lot of data analyzing, not IT at all, but I don't think I could do that kind of work for 12 hours a day. The thing I always marvel about IT people is their incredible patience and persistence.
Definitely need patience! They can be long days and not including 1.5-2 hours of commute time lol.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I need Friday and it's only Wednesday! Desperately needing some weekend rest and relaxation. For me, that's reading, sipping coffee, snuggling my dog, maybe watching a movie. What are all of your favorite things to do to unwind on the weekend??
Take it one day at a time. There is Wednesday and Thursday and then Friday.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That is a really long time to be working for the same person. Wowzas. I feel ya in the tired zone. So, no retirement any time soon? Isn't that what 65 is for? Lols I probably won't be retired by then either. You married a CC person. That's super cool.
I believe that 'working for the man' is a euphemism for working for wages. I have had many employers in my working life which continues today.

We are in the process of selling our townhome in Florida, buy a less expensive dwelling in Tennessee and pay down some debt. Hopefully, in a year or so we will be in a financial position that would allow me to only work if I really want too. Life is just too frantic in Florida, especially living in big cities.

Yes, I met and married JesusLives on CC shortly after I joined in 2014. We were married about 6 months later in Las Vegas. I wanted to get married in the Little Wedding Chapel on Las Vegas Boulevard with Elvis officiating but she didn't like that idea so we got married in our room at the Hilton with a local minister and a maid and two bellhops for witnesses. This was on Thanksgiving Day. For getting married in their hotel they provided a real fancy spread in the dining room free of charge seated at a special table.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
I believe that 'working for the man' is a euphemism for working for wages. I have had many employers in my working life which continues today.

We are in the process of selling our townhome in Florida, buy a less expensive dwelling in Tennessee and pay down some debt. Hopefully, in a year or so we will be in a financial position that would allow me to only work if I really want too. Life is just too frantic in Florida, especially living in big cities.

Yes, I met and married JesusLives on CC shortly after I joined in 2014. We were married about 6 months later in Las Vegas. I wanted to get married in the Little Wedding Chapel on Las Vegas Boulevard with Elvis officiating but she didn't like that idea so we got married in our room at the Hilton with a local minister and a maid and two bellhops for witnesses. This was on Thanksgiving Day. For getting married in their hotel they provided a real fancy spread in the dining room free of charge seated at a special table.
Oh... oops. I am not familiar with that saying. Ha. I learned something new. Well, new to me. Mmmmm... Tennessee AND Florida. Love them both in different ways. I drove down several years ago and drove around the whole coast line in a week. I started in Panama City. We spent the night in a different spot each night, 2-3 hours away from the last place. Went to Homosassa Springs, saw the manatees, Orlando, Treasure Island, Sanibel, Key West, Florida City, then made our way home pit stopping in Georgia for peaches. Ha. Glad you will be able to cut down your hours eventually soon ish. Tennessee is so lovely. Great hiking there.

Thanksgiving Day wedding. Super neat that God led you two together. I can keep asking a million questions. I don't want to bug you too much. lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I can attest to this. Tennessee really is a pretty good place to live. Some people might find it boring though.

You know that old saying, "It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there." Well, Tennessee is a nice place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit here. If I ever had a guest, there would be no real tourist attractions to show.

tourist, which part of TN y'all moving to? Not the specific town, just which general quadrant of the state?

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
I can attest to this. Tennessee really is a pretty good place to live. Some people might find it boring though.

You know that old saying, "It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there." Well, Tennessee is a nice place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit here. If I ever had a guest, there would be no real tourist attractions to show.

tourist, which part of TN y'all moving to? Not the specific town, just which general quadrant of the state?
Ummm hello, the Smokeys?? I view Tennessee as where I would go to unwind, unplug and hike. But I do get that. I mean unless you're close to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Nashville... (we got my current dog from Nashville...rescue animal ministry I found online. But I never saw the city). I wouldn't see Tennessee as super touristy.
Yeah @tourist which region are you guys shooting for?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, that's the problem... I'm in southwest TN. =^.^=

I like it though. Some people's "boring" is my "peaceful."

B

Beloved132

I lived in middle TN for 6 years. Near Nashville. Where are you?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm in one of those little town in southwest TN that nobody has ever heard of. We have Walmarts within driving distance, but in town all we got is one single supermarket.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Probably close to Greenville. In the early 80's while in the army I lived in Clarksville for 3 years. As far as attractions, having lived in Orlando for over 20 years, and countless visits to Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, I have had my fill. I just want peace and quiet and less traffic congestion. Tennessee is a beautiful state, no state income taxes, and provides for a more laid back lifestyle. My wife wants to start a garden and grow veggies. I plan on taking a lot of naps outside on a hammock.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ummm hello, the Smokeys?? I view Tennessee as where I would go to unwind, unplug and hike. But I do get that. I mean unless you're close to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Nashville... (we got my current dog from Nashville...rescue animal ministry I found online. But I never saw the city). I wouldn't see Tennessee as super touristy.
Yeah @tourist which region are you guys shooting for?
Either Gatlinburg or Greenville but right now favoring Greenville because of a lower cost of living. In the '80's I saw a John Denver concert in Nashville. When my daughter was little she needed a lot of specialized medical procedures so we spent a lot of time in Vanderbilt Children Hospital in Nashville. Went to Opryland once also but it was kind of lame and I believe it is now closed.