Not sure what happened to my first post but here it is again.
Is it possible Cain survived the flood?
Is it possible Cain survived the flood?
No, unless he was on a very large iceberge in the arctic with food, water and shelter.Not sure what happened to my first post but here it is again.
Is it possible Cain survived the flood?
Not sure what happened to my first post but here it is again.
Is it possible Cain survived the flood?
Why are you asking?
Genesis 1:
13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
Basically they alluded to him leaving the surface of the earth and hiding himself beneath the ground like in caves.
Is it possible Cain survived the flood?
Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
Basically they alluded to him leaving the surface of the earth and hiding himself beneath the ground like in caves.
Cain is wicked; see 1 John 3:12
so we should ask when we read this,
what's Cain's track record?
- is wicked Cain telling the truth? or is wicked Cain making false accusations against God?
- is wicked Cain correct when he tells God that his punishment is too harsh?
- is wicked Cain correct to complain that God is being unjust? ((Genesis 4:13))
nope.
And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.(Genesis 7:21-23)
Cain is wicked; see 1 John 3:12
so we should ask when we read this,
what's Cain's track record?
- is wicked Cain telling the truth? or is wicked Cain making false accusations against God?
- is wicked Cain correct when he tells God that his punishment is too harsh?
- is wicked Cain correct to complain that God is being unjust? ((Genesis 4:13))
God doesn’t rebuke him for lying does he ? He actually answers cains fear so I wouldn’t assume he’s lying but that’s just my own belief I think had he lied God wouldn’t have answered his lie or rebuked him or something
He’s sort of repeating what God just told him
“When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.”
Genesis 4:12-16 KJV
just my own belief I don’t see any reason to think Cain was lying there
What accusations did he make?
My punishment is greater than I can bear.
Maybe but no sea creature perished and there's caves underwater?
why does God spare the fishes?
Lying about what?
i'm talking about this part here -- is this an accurate assessment of God's judgement on Cain?
is it really "too severe" ?
Cain is essentially accusing God of being unjust.
Do fish have blood? I was wondering about that because he says that life is in the blood and then he mentions that Abel's blood cried out to him? and then it also makes me think about of why he said thou shalt not eat flesh with blood life is in the blood etc![]()