From the Letter of Paul to Alexandria:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
Therefore there is nothing better than faith, truth, chastity, fasting and charity which will wash away our sins. And which you wish not to do to your self, do not do that to others. Course yourself to the Kingdom of God, and you will receive the crown, which is in the Christ Jesus our Lord.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Were Alexandrians Laodiceans?

J

jaybird88

what scripture is this from?
Laodicea was in Turky.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
There is no such letter either in the Cannon or in the Apochripha

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Therefore there is nothing better than faith, truth, chastity, fasting and charity which will wash away our sins. And which you wish not to do to your self, do not do that to others. Course yourself to the Kingdom of God, and you will receive the crown, which is in the Christ Jesus our Lord.
Just my opinion but this letter does not have the tone or language that the Apostle Paul speaks. I am by no means an expert on biblical linguistics, just happy to be a student of the bible, but this paragraph from a letter of Paul to Alexandria does not read the same as Paul's letters in the bible.
No proof just my opinion.

PJW

Banned
Oct 6, 2017
Nothing "washes away our sins" but the blood of Christ.
Your epistle is a fake.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Nothing "washes away our sins" but the blood of Christ.
Your epistle is a fake.
Correct. There were many fake epistles and "gospels" floating around in the first few centuries, primarily created by Gnostics to promote their heresies.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017

If you look closely you can see the seaport of Alexandria at the bottom of the map.
Also in the top left hand corner are the Church's of; Thessalonica, Philippi and Corinth.
And then in the middle are the Church's of Ephesus, Laodicia and Collassae.

Jerusalem is to the right of Alexandria seaport, likely a fake document

Last edited:
J

jaybird88

Just my opinion but this letter does not have the tone or language that the Apostle Paul speaks. I am by no means an expert on biblical linguistics, just happy to be a student of the bible, but this paragraph from a letter of Paul to Alexandria does not read the same as Paul's letters in the bible.
No proof just my opinion.
Philippians 4 8-9

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned[e] and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

sounds a lot like Paul to me.

PJW

Banned
Oct 6, 2017
Then you have found something besides the blood of Christ to wash away your sins.
Jesus died in vain.

I hope you can grasp the significance of such unbiblical testimony.

J

jaybird88

Then you have found something besides the blood of Christ to wash away your sins.
Jesus died in vain.

I hope you can grasp the significance of such unbiblical testimony.
faith, truth, chastity, fasting and charity

i cant think of anything more unbiblical than those virtues. im sure those that practice such unbiblical acts will be judged very harshly.

D

Depleted

From the letter of Paul to the sports fans of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:
"Yo! Congrats to the Eagles for having a pretty good season so far this year. Go Eagles! Beat Panthers! My condolences on the Phillies, but at least they beat the Mets (just messing with you, Ed), and do NOT blame the Lord for what's happening to the Sixers. Even heaven has no idea what's going on there. And, sorry, I'm just not a hockey fan, so haven't heard how the Flyers are doing, but I'll take a cheesesteak wit from Geno's and a pretzel with mustard, if you happen to be going by that way on the way to visit me. Do hurry though, since the pretzels get too hard within 12 hours. BTW, how come you have to say "wit" for a cheesesteak, since by its very nature a cheesesteak already has cheese? And, I'll give Philly a 98 -- good tune, and you can dance to it."

It's fun making up letters from Paul. Thanks!

Apr 23, 2017
From the letter of Paul to the sports fans of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:
"Yo! Congrats to the Eagles for having a pretty good season so far this year. Go Eagles! Beat Panthers! My condolences on the Phillies, but at least they beat the Mets (just messing with you, Ed), and do NOT blame the Lord for what's happening to the Sixers. Even heaven has no idea what's going on there. And, sorry, I'm just not a hockey fan, so haven't heard how the Flyers are doing, but I'll take a cheesesteak wit from Geno's and a pretzel with mustard, if you happen to be going by that way on the way to visit me. Do hurry though, since the pretzels get too hard within 12 hours. BTW, how come you have to say "wit" for a cheesesteak, since by its very nature a cheesesteak already has cheese? And, I'll give Philly a 98 -- good tune, and you can dance to it."

It's fun making up letters from Paul. Thanks!
this letter is heresy u see...... Paul most likely woulda been a new orleans saints fan!!!!!!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Fake Paul,

Therefore there is nothing better than faith, truth, chastity, fasting and charity which will wash away our sins.

Real John,

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(Rev 1:5)

Last edited:

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Philippians 4 8-9

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned[e] and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

sounds a lot like Paul to me.
Sounds like someone trying to imitate Paul; "there is nothing better than faith, truth, chastity, fasting and charity which will wash away our sins." This doesn't sound true to Paul's style and choice of words, but have it your way.

Original Poster:
"Therefore there is nothing better than faith, truth, chastity, fasting and charity which will wash away our sins.
And which you wish not to do to your self, do not do that to others. Course yourself to the Kingdom of God, and you will receive the crown, which is in the Christ Jesus our Lord."

Last edited:

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I suspect that this is part of an E Mail Paul composed before realizing he had no way of sending it at the time so it never made it into the NT

J

joefizz

I suspect that this is part of an E Mail Paul composed before realizing he had no way of sending it at the time so it never made it into the NT
do I detect sarcasm?

J

jaybird88

where is the OP? he dropped this bomb on us and skedaddled.