Fun things to do

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
This thread is just to list all fun things to do.
On your own or with others. Be creative!

My fun thing to do right now is

Create threads on CC that are fun! Lol

Some other ideas
Make fruit smoothies. Juicing citrus is fun ...I find it very satisfying to squeeze oranges and lemons for some strange reason. If youve got too many you can freeze it and make iceblocks.
Or...Make jam
Knit. If you just starting out make something real easy, like a scarf.
Recycle paper and make paper. What you do is rip up all your old letters and bills, or you can use a shredder. Then add water and mush it up to create a pulp. You can use the pulp to make paper mache or make new paper with a picture frame and mesh...lay it out on a board to dry and create new paper.
Pick flowers and arrange them into posies.
Turn anything you collected into a work of art. I had all these old plastic bread tags in different colours. Make a mosaic out of them.
Bake bread. This is fun but also messy. Scones are quick and easy. Good thing to do with a friend as well..or make pancakes, the fun thing is whipping up the cream.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
My niece and I send each other funny filtered pictures all the time. We just get ugly and have fun.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Try breaking a world record for guinness book of Records

Seed bomb a garden bed

Wear crazy clothes that clash when everyone else is wearing boring outifits.

The 40 hour famine

Hold a pizza party

'Pimp' your car, bike or bedroom

Take your mum or dad out on a 'date'

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I saw a tree with longer pine needles. In my area of Canada we are not as fortunate as the southern U.S. that has great long leaf pine needles. I stopped by, asked the owner if I could gather some of the fallen ones and she said yes. I'm now going to wash them, dry them and coil them into pine needle baskets. I love to use the things that are free and not seen as valuable, to create art. I've done the same with fabric trash from the thrift store to create hand hooked ( not latch hooked) rugs. I design them on burlap and use what materials I have. Sometimes I use old telephone cords for creating baskets. Reusing what we have, to make something useful and beautiful feels great.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
If you saw this somewhere online, u can imagine what fun the child had.. altho the consequence of the drawing wasnt so fun.

Drawing anything... Many claim they cannot draw, wc makes it more fun!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Haha fun thing to do..colour in.
A few years back there was a trend for adult colouring books. I didnt really get into it but then along come another one which is colour in Bibles.

I've had a go at making crochet rugs out of old t shirts. My results were pretty dire but those old t shirts had a new lease of life. (I use it to line pots in the garden). I dont care of it doesnt look (or taste) like you bought it from a shop. Thats the whole point you made it yourself! So its original and not a clone of every other thing you could buy that was most probably made with slave labour and machines.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Haha fun thing to do..colour in.
A few years back there was a trend for adult colouring books. I didnt really get into it but then along come another one which is colour in Bibles.

I've had a go at making crochet rugs out of old t shirts. My results were pretty dire but those old t shirts had a new lease of life. (I use it to line pots in the garden). I dont care of it doesnt look (or taste) like you bought it from a shop. Thats the whole point you made it yourself! So its original and not a clone of every other thing you could buy that was most probably made with slave labour and machines.
The rug sounds great. I know what you mean about things you make yourself, especially giving things a new life!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Fun things to do
I know a few
But what, I will not say
For when I try
To answer you
You just complain all day

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
(no particular order)

Sharing time with my Lord.
Sharing time with my loved ones.
Fishing. Be it for men or for wee fishies.
Writing.
Playing my NCAA Football PS3.
Fellowshipping with my Church family.
Being outside to enjoy the beauty of His Creations.
Cooking...…..and...…..eating.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My main fun thing is to spend time with my wife conversing on various topics of interests and concerns. My other main fun thing is to spend time on the wonderful Christian site in fellowship with those that I genuinely care about and to go to the BDF to stir up things a bit for amusement purposes. That forum is a high entertainment venue.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Only if you don't take it seriously. If you do take it seriously, it is a high blood pressure venue.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Bought a few hidden gems for the 64 and ps1 😋

Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png FB_IMG_1567597007932.jpg 51dATsk9NqL._SR600,315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Fun things to do...for free is my challenge. What if you cant afford video games. i dont have consoles. Personally, if I would chuck them in the bin...i've actually binned a few computers. Its so satisfying.

One lady I know, smashed up her sons video games, iphone and HD tv. Because he was addicted to the gadgets and wouldnt do anything else. Lol. She just got the car and ran over the phone.

With computers just take a hammer to them. Or take them to the e-cycle.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Fun for free?
Well despite the results I have gotten before, I'm going to take a crack at this one...

http://www.caiman.us/

That's a website archiving LOTS of great freeware games.

For specific best-of-show games... google the names in this screenshot of my freeware video game folder and have a blast.

Screenshot from 2019-09-04 12-18-10.png Screenshot from 2019-09-04 12-17-54.png

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ah, that was good times. I plowed through that whole site looking for the best video games and trying them out, so I could load up the computer I was setting up for my brother with any and all freeware games he would like.

If you can't find some of those games by googling, let me know and I'll see if I can scare up a link.

"R2S9" is "Return to Sector 9," a little freeware game where you fly a ship around shooting space bugs. "SW" is "Star Wraith" but it wasn't very good I thought... good enough to include, not good enough to highly recommend.

TAGAP was the best shooter in the bunch. Exit Fate was the best RPG. Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries was awesome, but I don't know if you can get it anymore.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Not featured in that list: Dokotsu Monogatari (Cave Story) which is a very good metroidvania game.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
A church I know collects e-cycling and raises money but thing is they dont take old tvs.
So we got rid of ours through the inorganic collection. Not much you can do with an old tv.

De-cluttering can actually be a fun thing to do.
But you have to be singleminded you cant dither around going oh no I dont know whether to chuck this or that and then just shift it around.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
A church I know collects e-cycling and raises money but thing is they dont take old tvs.
So we got rid of ours through the inorganic collection. Not much you can do with an old tv.

De-cluttering can actually be a fun thing to do.
But you have to be singleminded you cant dither around going oh no I dont know whether to chuck this or that and then just shift it around.
I find use old tvs I like em lol

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Not featured in that list: Dokotsu Monogatari (Cave Story) which is a very good metroidvania game.
Played a bit of it the ds remake