Future Sins Are Forgiven Verse

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
In discussing the total forgiveness we have through Jesus Christ, for all sin, it is often brought up that there isn't a verse that explicitly states future sin is forgiven (or the sins committed throughout one's life). They will argue that only past sins before conversion are wiped clean. However, present sin and future sin must be dealt with on an individual basis, an on-going basis (i.e., seeking forgiveness).

Now I have had this discussion with many people and some headway actually was accomplished. Eventually they did concede that such forgiveness didn't have to do with judicial standing before God. They understood and agreed that it is through the blood of Christ that we have obtained forgiveness and Jesus is the propitiation for our sins thereby making us justified before God. Not penance, sin confession, or even repentance (throughout one's life), but the blood of Christ is what justifies us. The Gospel that we believe in, that we are saved by grace through faith. Our righteousness, one of faith. Our standing, by the grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ (who is risen).

Now, what verse is it that claims all sin is forgiven? What single verse establishes this case? To my delight I was reading Hebrews recently and the verse, I am about to share with you, just worded it so perfectly that it stood out to me.

Hebrews 7:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Please take note of the role of the high priest to deal with daily sin through the offering up of sacrifice. Then notice when speaking of Jesus, our High Priest (eternally, after the order of Melchizedek) the verse says "this He did once, when He offered up Himself." He (Jesus) doesn't do daily sacrifices to deal with our ("daily") sin, but He did this once when He died on the cross.

This represents so clearly how through the blood of Christ we have the remission of sin, of all sin. What does scripture say, of such sin? Where remission of these is there is no more offering for sin (Hebrews 10:18). Forgiveness, total and complete forgiveness is granted to us. We are forgiven. We are justified. A single verse that paints it so beautifully (not to mention to myriad of verses revealing Jesus' role as our High Priest).

1 John 2:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
The thing is that some see us "in" the mill. kingdom while some see us to be awaiting it's beginning at a future date in time. That I think cast rocks under all the wheels in what your thinking in that in Revelation the beast and false prophet are cast into the lake of fire but the devil is not "judged",,,(bound in chains till after the mill.) and then he is cast into the lake of fire(his final judgment) and Gog/Magog also(after the mill.). Those who are raised in the second Resurrection of the dead and are judged out of the books are separate from those who are of the first Resurrection(second death hath no part) and are also not part of those judged before the mill. and are of the second(after the mill.)...

So all would make sense in what you are thinking if "everyone was already judged" in their final judgment today(or at the cross,past tense),,,but Revelation 19-20 clearly shows that an other group of man and the devil himself are not finally judged until after the mill. kingdom.

So the devil and those judged after the mill. have all their sins been forgiven?

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
The thing is that some see us "in" the mill. kingdom while some see us to be awaiting it's beginning at a future date in time. That I think cast rocks under all the wheels in what your thinking in that in Revelation the beast and false prophet are cast into the lake of fire but the devil is not "judged",,,(bound in chains till after the mill.) and then he is cast into the lake of fire(his final judgment) and Gog/Magog also(after the mill.). Those who are raised in the second Resurrection of the dead and are judged out of the books are separate from those who are of the first Resurrection(second death hath no part) and are also not part of those judged before the mill. and are of the second(after the mill.)...

So all would make sense in what you are thinking if "everyone was already judged" in their final judgment today(or at the cross,past tense),,,but Revelation 19-20 clearly shows that an other group of man and the devil himself are not finally judged until after the mill. kingdom.

So the devil and those judged after the mill. have all their sins been forgiven?
Jesus didn't die for the devil, He died for humanity. Those that repent by believing in the Gospel (Jesus died and resurrected) are saved. I am not sure where you read Universalism into what I was saying.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Jesus didn't die for the devil, He died for humanity. Those that repent by believing in the Gospel (Jesus died and resurrected) are saved. I am not sure where you read Universalism into what I was saying.

No I didn't mean overall/universalism but instead judgment of some before and others after the mill. ,,,everything would be peachy if all were finally judged all at once but scripture differs on it's timing...

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
We are in the lunar calendar year of 5778.

It was compiled according to the genealogies given in the Word with some f the genealogies missing because they were not given.

The Hebrews who compiled the time since the week of creation would not add or take away from the Word of God therefore they simply left out the missing ages, which, as all know could be hundreds of years.

Thus, with a thousend years being as a day passed with our Father we are on the doorstep of the feventh , mill years..........Shabbat..

Perhaps this means nothing to others but it says mountains to me. God bless all in Jesus Christ, Yeshua....

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I posted an article the other day (and even before that) which covered "The Two Goats of Leviticus 26" (dealing with "propitiation" and "substitution" [the two goats; two roles of Christ / Atonement]). If I'm remembering correctly, one portion of the article dealt with the verse 1Jn2:2, and showed where the verse has italics where the phrase "the sins of" [the whole world, part], meaning, those words in that section of the verse have been added by the editors...

Here's two the resources showing this (meaning, from the two differing manuscripts, as I recall):

--Blue Letter Bible shows this (note the italicized words I mentioned):

www.blbclassic.org/Bible.cfm?b=1Jo&c=2&v=2&t=KJV&sstr=1

--Bible Hub shows this:

https://biblehub.com/text/1_john/2-2.htm

I believe verse 1 speaks of Christians/believers ("we have an advocate with the Father" ["Jesus"]), and that verse 2 is saying, "He is the propitiation for the sins of us, and not for ours only, but also for all the world" (which sounds more like, unbelievers have the opportunity to become believers [and have that Advocate]).

I believe this may also have to do (somewhat) with the distinction between "sinS" (Rom1-5:12) and "Sin" (Rom5:12-chpt8 end).

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I blieve the idea of a Bible Discussion Forum is to bring the discussion here.........Taking it to other publications without submitting what one would discuss is discussing other publications away from the source discussion.

Quote yourselves in here so we, may read here.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Some of these responses... :unsure:
My apologies (I had meant to write "Leviticus 16" not 26, lol... my eyes don't see so good :D )

… and I'm really not sure the point I was making (about 1Jn2:2) was even from this article. :giggle:

But if someone's wanting to read said article, I had originally posted if for the content in Sections 6,7,8,9, and 10 (they aren't labeled as such, you have to count them yourself), then here it is (though not really covering the topic of this thread even :rolleyes: , I don't think, lol ):

http://biblecentre.org/content.php?mode=7&item=892 "The Two Goats of Leviticus 16" by Paul Wilson

My apologies if my previous post missed the mark of the subject of this thread. :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
While in my senior year at the U of I, Champain-Urbana,I was working on a book, a study of the Creator..

It was already guaranteed to be published at the fifth chapter when I experienced the entering of God's Holy Spirit into me.......the Baptism.

I then destroyed my writing though it was already certain to be well-received in favor of reading the Real Thing, the Bible.........

My personal approach to reading anything 2about" the Word has been to avoid them like the plague. Now, do not say I am reading about it here, for this, for me is dialogue with othgers who believe Jesus Christ, Yeshua.....and some who do not on occasion.

You see, you cannot dialogue with words written down on paper except in the Bible and then it is a dialogue with the Hoy Spirit.

Anything written about the Word is tantamount to be etched in stone, no dialogue.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
In discussing the total forgiveness we have through Jesus Christ, for all sin, it is often brought up that there isn't a verse that explicitly states future sin is forgiven (or the sins committed throughout one's life). They will argue that only past sins before conversion are wiped clean. However, present sin and future sin must be dealt with on an individual basis, an on-going basis (i.e., seeking forgiveness).

Now, what verse is it that claims all sin is forgiven? What single verse establishes this case? To my delight I was reading Hebrews recently and the verse, I am about to share with you, just worded it so perfectly that it stood out to me.

27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Please take note of the role of the high priest to deal with daily sin through the offering up of sacrifice. Then notice when speaking of Jesus, our High Priest (eternally, after the order of Melchizedek) the verse says "this He did once, when He offered up Himself." He (Jesus) doesn't do daily sacrifices to deal with our ("daily") sin, but He did this once when He died on the cross.

This represents so clearly how through the blood of Christ we have the remission of sin, of all sin. What does scripture say, of such sin? Where remission of these is there is no more offering for sin (Hebrews 10:18). Forgiveness, total and complete forgiveness is granted to us. We are forgiven. We are justified. A single verse that paints it so beautifully (not to mention to myriad of verses revealing Jesus' role as our High Priest).
Amen! Acts 13:39 - and by Him everyone who believes is justified from ALL things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

R

Ralph-

However, present sin and future sin must be dealt with on an individual basis, an on-going basis (i.e., seeking forgiveness).
They are dealt with by your present tense believing.

To my delight I was reading Hebrews recently and the verse, I am about to share with you, just worded it so perfectly that it stood out to me.

Note vs. 25...

"25Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them."-Hebrews 7:25

It isn't that you don't need any more sacrifice for sin after you accept Jesus' sacrifice. The author is saying that you don't need to offer up another sacrifice when you sin again like you did under the old covenant because the sacrifice of Jesus is still there on the altar from the last time you sinned still interceding for you. And so in that way you have been made perfect.

So he's not saying you don't need any sacrifice now. He's simply saying the one you brought to the Father in the past is still there and able to deal with this day's sin. You don't need to bring another sacrifice to cover new sins. The one that's still there is doing that (which is why we should continue to believe and trust in it).

The key to understanding all this is to do what the author of Hebrews does--contrast what the priest and sacrifice in the old covenant couldn't do for you with what the Priest and Sacrifice in this New Covenant can and will do for you, and for that reason should continue to trust in that new Priest and Sacrifice.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Consider the following:

Romans 7:1-4 [blb] -

"1 Or are you ignorant brothers (for I speak to those knowing the law), that the law rules over the man for as long as the time he is alive? 2 For the married woman is bound by law to the living husband; but if the husband should die, she is cleared from the law of the husband. 3 So then, if she is to another man, the husband being alive, she will be called an adulteress; but if the husband should die, she is free from the law, so as for her not to be an adulteress, having been to another man. 4 Likewise, my brothers, you also have been put to death to the Law through [by means of] the body of Christ, for you to belong to another, to the One having been raised out from the dead, so that we should bear fruit to God."

Galatians 3:26-17 [ylt] -

"for ye are all sons of God through [by means of] the faith in [en] Christ Jesus, for as many as to [into] Christ were baptized did put on Christ [middle voice];"

[see also Romans 6:3-4 "we were buried with Him by means of the baptism into the death..." and Colossians 2:12 "buried with Him in the baptism"]

glf1

Jun 10, 2018

Now I have had this discussion with many people and some headway actually was accomplished. Eventually they did concede that such forgiveness didn't have to do with judicial standing before God. They understood and agreed that it is through the blood of Christ that we have obtained forgiveness and Jesus is the propitiation for our sins thereby making us justified before God. Not penance, sin confession, or even repentance (throughout one's life), but the blood of Christ is what justifies us. The Gospel that we believe in, that we are saved by grace through faith. Our righteousness, one of faith. Our standing, by the grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ (who is risen).

2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Hey! Ben... PTL!
I agree that Jesus' sacrifice redeemed us from the curse of our sin, but Heb 9:15 makes for some interesting speculation regarding the dynamics of that forgiveness:
Heb 9:15 "And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance."
Gal 3:23-25 "But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith that should afterwards be revealed.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
but Heb 9:15 makes for some interesting speculation regarding the dynamics of that forgiveness:
Heb 9:15 "And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance."

Gal 3:23-25 "But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith that should afterwards be revealed.
I wonder if you might agree with me (at least, my thoughts on this verse), that it probably makes a difference to know that the phrase in Hebrews 9:15 says, "those having been called [perfect participle]"

https://biblehub.com/greek/kekle_menoi_2564.htm

The same form of this verb is used two other times, in Matt22:8 [regarding the time of His earthly ministry (whereas vv.9-14 are yet future, in the trib years [Rev1:1/4:7]--see also Acts 3 "unto you" [ye men of Israel])--pertaining to "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER," i.e. the earthly MK], and Rev19:9 [regarding the future time of the trib leading up to His Second Coming to the earth FOR "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER [earthly MK]," the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom (promised to Israel) commencing upon His "RETURN" there]. I think Acts 1:6 should also be taken into consideration (they knew the "what" [properly], they were asking Him regarding the "when")

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ oops, that one Rev reference should say "Rev1:1/Rev7:3" (not sure where "4:7" came from... lol, I think this thread is giving me temporary dyslexia, haha)

notuptome

May 17, 2013
God because of His eternal nature does everything He does on an eternal basis. Those whom God condemns are condemned forever those whom God forgives are forgiven forever. Our salvation is continuous in it's nature and that is hard for finite beings like us to comprehend.

The English language is lacking in it's ability to convey the richness of what God is saying in His word. If we could comprehend the original Greek as our primary language we would be greatly blessed at what God has said.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

E

eternally-gratefull

Amen, Jesus fulfilled the law. We could not keep it then, We can;t keep it now.

E

eternally-gratefull

No I didn't mean overall/universalism but instead judgment of some before and others after the mill. ,,,everything would be peachy if all were finally judged all at once but scripture differs on it's timing...
Unless Jesus comes back and died for those people. Their sins are already forgiven, thus they, like us, will have to repent and place their faith in Christ if they are to be saved. or more literally, Place their faith in God, as has been the gospel since the begining of time. Faith in Christ equals faith in God.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Unless Jesus comes back and died for those people. Their sins are already forgiven, thus they, like us, will have to repent and place their faith in Christ if they are to be saved. or more literally, Place their faith in God, as has been the gospel since the begining of time. Faith in Christ equals faith in God.

I was referring to the O.P. ,second paragraph,second sentence,,"forgiveness didn't have to do with judicial standing before God".
So is "forgiveness of sin" and "judicial stand standing before God"(judgment) the same thing? lol, I don't think Jesus needs to die again for their sins anymore than him needing to have come in Adams day for him and then Noah in his day ect. only the one death and it is the same forgiveness for those during and after the mill..