GAME:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
*see what I did up there? I laughed so hard that my eyes made a TEAR......

Awaiting new word from Deade so as to move along........
ohhhh I do so like homophones
You have two up already:

Tear (pronounced like bear)

Tear (pronounced like year)

Both mean different things and have homophones. :cool:(y)

G

Godsgirl83

ahhhhh hahahahah I thought you were using TEAR (pronounced like bear.... and thanks for that, now I will never second guess if I am spelling that version of TEAR correct or not ) and TEAR (like year) as the pair.....

Be right back....time to do some homework

G

Godsgirl83

TEAR (pronounced like bear) the homophone is: TARE
& taking an edumacated guess on this on cuz I no can find.....

TEAR (pronounced like year) the homophone is: TEAR (pronounced like bear...... because both are spelled and sound alike but have different meanings)......

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
TEAR (pronounced like bear) the homophone is: TARE
& taking an edumacated guess on this on cuz I no can find.....

TEAR (pronounced like year) the homophone is: TEAR (pronounced like bear...... because both are spelled and sound alike but have different meanings)......
noun tare plural noun tares
  1. a vetch, especially the common vetch.

2. (in biblical use) an injurious weed resembling wheat when young (Matt. 13:24–30).
  1. an allowance made for the weight of the packaging in order to determine the net weight of goods.
    • the weight of a motor vehicle, railroad car, or aircraft without its fuel or load.
-----

This: TEAR (pronounced like year) the homophone is: TEAR (pronounced like bear...... because both are spelled and sound alike but have different meanings)......" Is false. They do not sound alike!

G

Godsgirl83

1. a vetch, especially the common vetch.

2. (in biblical use) an injurious weed resembling wheat when young (Matt. 13:24–30).
  1. an allowance made for the weight of the packaging in order to determine the net weight of goods.
    • the weight of a motor vehicle, railroad car, or aircraft without its fuel or load.
-----

This: TEAR (pronounced like year) the homophone is: TEAR (pronounced like bear...... because both are spelled and sound alike but have different meanings)......" Is false. They do not sound alike!
okay, took some research on my part but I found it:

TEAR (as in what comes out of your eyes when you cry and sounds like year)......
TIER (a row or level of a structure, typically one of a series of rows placed one above the other and successively receding or diminishing in size.)

okay, new word, lets make it easy:

HIGH

G

Godsgirl83

Tear (pronounced like year) - Homophone is tier

Bate
ah okay, I did not scroll down enough to see you revealed it......
haha! power to me! I researched and learned it on my own (how do ya like that teachers who always made rude comments about lacking motivation to learn?)

G

Godsgirl83

MINED
okay, new word, lets make it easy:

HIGH
okay, catching up and getting back on track, the new current word is: (trying to keep this one easy)

HIGH

okay so the OP of this thread says:

New game!
Same pronunciation of word different spelling,different definition.

Example.too.......two

Quite.........quiet
so, they are homophones.......

the English language and rules of can be tricky and confusing (even to many of us "natives")

so, to help out those who are scratching their heads to the rules of this game, here is a blurb from WIKIPEDIA that explains homophones (which is what the thread is about)

A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but differs in meaning. A homophone may also differ in spelling. The two words may be spelled the same, such as rose and rose, or differently, such as carat, and carrot, or to, two, and too.

When in doubt, google search "homophone for the word __________________"

still waiting for an answer for the homophone word for HIGH

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
MINED

okay, catching up and getting back on track, the new current word is: (trying to keep this one easy)

HIGH

okay so the OP of this thread says:

so, they are homophones.......

the English language and rules of can be tricky and confusing (even to many of us "natives")

so, to help out those who are scratching their heads to the rules of this game, here is a blurb from WIKIPEDIA that explains homophones (which is what the thread is about)

A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but differs in meaning. A homophone may also differ in spelling. The two words may be spelled the same, such as rose and rose, or differently, such as carat, and carrot, or to, two, and too.

When in doubt, google search "homophone for the word __________________"

still waiting for an answer for the homophone word for HIGH
uh......HI!

Bridal