GAS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
I read an article if our gas prices dropped under 2.00 per gallon it would crash our economy. Yet I remember when gas was under 2.00 with Clinton, and well before that under a 1.00 and we were strong.... Is that a lie to keep us content or is true? It is 2018? What if we used our own resources? Other natural resources? Why does gas have to be almost 4.00 (per gallon) in the summer, just because more people drive?

M

Miri

You can get something from the chemist for that! :p

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
You can get something from the chemist for that! :p

I have an idiot for you... his name is !@#^ Blankinship... Or something close to that....

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I remember buyin gas at 90 cents a gallon the first year W. Was in office.

razor17

Aug 16, 2017
I read an article if our gas prices dropped under 2.00 per gallon it would crash our economy. Yet I remember when gas was under 2.00 with Clinton, and well before that under a 1.00 and we were strong.... Is that a lie to keep us content or is true? It is 2018? What if we used our own resources? Other natural resources? Why does gas have to be almost 4.00 (per gallon) in the summer, just because more people drive?
It's all a lie. There is plenty of gas but the gas companies pay the "speculators" to artificially drive the price of gas up by speculating on stocks and also putting disinformation such as not enough petrol for everyone etc.....its due to middle east conflicts,....they literally come up with any bs excuse to keep the price per barrell up. Heck I even remember CNN arguing the conflict in ukraine was to blame for the high gas prices which is complete idiocy....as America gets its gas primarily from Saudi Arabia and other ME countries.

The gas companies rake in the profits while the public suffers. If the world was actually serious about diverting from oil they would have done it almost 40 years ago and accelerated research towards these goals. But the oil companies buy up the tech and withhold it from the public via lobbyists.

The fear that if gas goes below $2.00 the economy will collapse is another huge lie. Because think about it, if gas were cheaper more people would be travelling, have more money to spend in the store (not on gas) and be more willing to buy something from the store. Plus prices of other products like plastics would drop starkly as well as even plastic cups are made using petroleum derivatives. This would increase demand as the prices go down the demand would increase for these goods as more people can afford to buy them adn to buy them in huge quantities. This would lead to more demand for products which would lead to an increase in need for labor meaning more jobs (such as for example the plastic cup maker needing more employees to manage the machines due to increased product demand).....

Everything the media tells you about the economy and gas, the opposite is true....lower gas prices would stimulate the economy and increase personal savings of individuals leading to more buying power for the individual as well.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Yes and no, See I have watched a documentry called the end of suburbia.
The fact is experts believe that our oil production has already peaked, and that we can not continue our current luxury living on our current consumption of oil and petrolium products.

How ever no one is going to want to give up their luxury living, so they have to discourage use of oil and oil products by driving up the price, and with the production past it's peek, that means companies can no longer pump it and refine it at the same rate they used too, Which is what the coming crisis is going to be. A lot of people who have no idea how to live with out oil, and a fight to keep the luxury living they have grown accustomed to and don't want to give up.

Why do you think they are pushing for electric cars... they are trying to get away from oil, how ever, you need oil to produce the electricity and manufacture the cars, There is coming a day when trucks won't be able to ship food to large cities that can't produce their own food. Thats why they were saying that a localized economy will be the only way we can survive in the future. Towns will have to produce their own food, and trucks will grind to a hault, and roads are going to have to shirnk.

We will have to go back to horse an buggies, Also The love of money is the root of all evil, $4.00 a barrel is their way to squeeze as much money as they can, out of your pockets. My advice, start learning to live with out modern luxuries and convenience, because it will come to an end some day.

C

claysmithr

Doesn't inflation play a part? Hrm...

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I remember buyin gas at 90 cents a gallon the first year W. Was in office.

When I was a kid, gas was $.29 / gal. And there were "gas wars" where two competitors across the street from one another would charge $.04 / gal.

The first time gas went high in the early 70's it was to drive all the independent gas station owners out of business. If I remember correctly the "gas shortage" was just a lie to do this.

Also, no gas station would let you pump your own gas, and they would check your oil and give you a quick top off if you needed it. Many would wash your windows for free and give you prizes if you bought 8 gal of gas or more.

I miss large parts of "the old days".

(But there are a lot of bad things going on that needed changing, racism for one, respectful treatment of the disabled and elderly for another, industrial safety for a third, and termination of government programs like MKUltra for a forth.)

J

Jennie-Mae

You complaining about that? Over here gas is $8 a gal. $8!!!

When I was a kid, gas was $.29 / gal. And there were "gas wars" where two competitors across the street from one another would charge $.04 / gal.

The first time gas went high in the early 70's it was to drive all the independent gas station owners out of business. If I remember correctly the "gas shortage" was just a lie to do this.

Also, no gas station would let you pump your own gas, and they would check your oil and give you a quick top off if you needed it. Many would wash your windows for free and give you prizes if you bought 8 gal of gas or more.

I miss large parts of "the old days".

(But there are a lot of bad things going on that needed changing, racism for one, respectful treatment of the disabled and elderly for another, industrial safety for a third, and termination of government programs like MKUltra for a forth.)

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Yes and no, See I have watched a documentry called the end of suburbia.
The fact is experts believe that our oil production has already peaked, and that we can not continue our current luxury living on our current consumption of oil and petrolium products.

How ever no one is going to want to give up their luxury living, so they have to discourage use of oil and oil products by driving up the price, and with the production past it's peek, that means companies can no longer pump it and refine it at the same rate they used too, Which is what the coming crisis is going to be. A lot of people who have no idea how to live with out oil, and a fight to keep the luxury living they have grown accustomed to and don't want to give up.

Why do you think they are pushing for electric cars... they are trying to get away from oil, how ever, you need oil to produce the electricity and manufacture the cars, There is coming a day when trucks won't be able to ship food to large cities that can't produce their own food. Thats why they were saying that a localized economy will be the only way we can survive in the future. Towns will have to produce their own food, and trucks will grind to a hault, and roads are going to have to shirnk.

We will have to go back to horse an buggies, Also The love of money is the root of all evil, $4.00 a barrel is their way to squeeze as much money as they can, out of your pockets. My advice, start learning to live with out modern luxuries and convenience, because it will come to an end some day.

You make good points and I don't specifically disagree with you but I am concerned about how much of it is "fake news".

"Mainstream media in the US is consolidated to such a point there are now 6 gigantic corporations that control 90% of the American TV and radio media stations."

The Illusion of Choice: Mainstream Media Consolidation | The Freedom Articles

(I just happened to have that open in another tab. :) )

If the media corporations want us to believe that "peak oil" is a problem, who is there to contradict them?

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
You complaining about that? Over here gas is $8 a gal. $8!!!

I wasn't complaining about gas being $.29/gal. I was reminiscing like we old folks are want to do from time to time.

You know... "Back when I was your age, things were different... " :D

(We didn't even have cell phones. lol)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
That is emotionally disturbing.

Where do you live? How can they get away with that?
Earnest, you have to remember that our friends across the pond pay ridiculously high taxes when compared to our own and that crazy price for fuel is all taxes. That is the price they pay for the social programs that they have.

Dec 12, 2013
Earnest, you have to remember that our friends across the pond pay ridiculously high taxes when compared to our own and that crazy price for fuel is all taxes. That is the price they pay for the social programs that they have.
Exactly....like AU.....about 6 plus a gallon and 30 to 40 for a pack of cigs....No I do not smoke....

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
The money bomb will explode. It's a matter of time.

Yeah.

A government can't accumulate 21 trillion dollars in debt, and print currency to cover bonds, and we not have considerable inflation.