gay bashing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
does ""gay bashing"" even exist??? fact is that we call out ALL sin here. We dont pick and choose. some may have stronger believes in some things than others and feel some things worse then others but still we hate ALL sin,
the predestination part is poop. We are all cursed to be sinners but by free will we can choose which path we take and what we allow. God knows what we will do but that has nothing to do with predestination. saying that our perfect God makes gay people is silly...just my 2 cents

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There is no messageo_O

OP quoted someone twice and then posted without saying anything?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
When God created man he was just a man, there was no man and woman. Everyone knows what God did about that. Then God arranged for man to have a family, and when a man and woman come together to seal that family created by him it was also created for it to be passionate, joyful, and so very right. That is just how it is, how we are made.

Just like man created idols to worship because man could decide for himself how he wanted it, man has created ways he wants to handle this. It has even adjusted some of our physical makeup.

We should have the right to talk about the way God created us to live and be. Hate just isn't in the picture at all unless it is part of talking about the difference between how God created us to be and act and how we act.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I'm sorry, I wasn't responding to anything I read here, I was educated in California, CalState Long Beach and I disagree with the system also.

I think in some its an anomaly like a birth defect (like a sickness), in others its a choice. Those who choose to be gay can change if willing, the others can be healed by Christ in many cases. Some commit suicide others shun God but some are shun'd by well meaning, Christians who also discriminate against Blacks, Asians and others. Someone actually showed me a Bible translation once that named Arabs, Bastards and Ethopians, Niggers. I was a suicide counselor at Melodyland Christian Center at the time. It really upset me.

I certainly know that homosexuality is a sin, no question. I also believe in showing them kindness and empathy. Not to co-sign their perversion but to show them mercy, as we would a prostitute or a drunk.

I don't understand pre-destination I was taught free will. Like I wrote before, I wasn't responding to anything I read here, it was about things I've known to have happened and or have overheard ever since I've been saved.

Homosexuality is hot button item and I was sure it would draw response, and it did. Lack of empathy is a sign of deep spiritual ill, I believe. That's the other reason I brought it up. That's all for now, thank you.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
There is something I don't understand: Many or most Christians pick on or outright hate gay people. I realize that homosexuality is a sin however the verses they usually recite also include adultery, fornication, idolatry, drunkenness, and liars. So why single out gays?
We don't - we preach the sinfulness of all of these and more (like gamblers, etc.)
> repent with the desire to cease sinning and to submit unto God's righteousness
> be water baptized (full immersion) to bury the old person and to rise up like Jesus to a new life
> seek to be baptized in the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking in a new tongue
> walk in the power of the Holy Spirit to live as a new creation in Christ Jesus and to grow and mature in
the knowledge of God > (put on the mind of Christ)

It is not just homosexuals that need to do this - all who are outside of the gospel of salvation need to
believe and to submit to the gospel and seek salvation through Jesus our Redeemer and Saviour.
When it comes to sin that's pretty well everybody who is not in the body of Christ.

Acts 2:38-39

N

NoNameMcgee

I'm sorry, I wasn't responding to anything I read here, I was educated in California, CalState Long Beach and I disagree with the system also.

I think in some its an anomaly like a birth defect, in others its a choice. Those who choose to be gay can change if willing, the others can be healed by Christ in many cases. Some commit suicide others shun God but some are shun'd by well meaning, Christians who also discriminate against Blacks, Asians and others. Someone actually showed me a Bible translation once that named Arabs, Bastards and Ethopians, Niggers. I was a suicide counselor at Melodyland Christian Center at the time. It really upset me.

I certainly know that homosexuality is a sin, no question. I also believe in showing them kindness and empathy. Not to co-sign their perversion but to show them mercy, as we would a prostitute or a drunk.

I don't understand pre-destination I was taught free will. Like I wrote before, I wasn't responding to anything I read here, it was about things I've known to have happened and or have overheard ever since I've been saved.

Homosexuality is hot button item and I was sure it would draw response, and it did. Lack of empathy is a sign of deep spiritual ill, I believe. That's the other reason I brought it up. That's all for now, thank you.
to put the blame of sin on anyone other than the individual
(including us)
is not only a cop out

it goes against the bible
God tempts NO MAN
at ANY POINT
with evil

no man or woman is born gay

even if you call it a defect

it is a sin under the umbrella of lust

for it to be normalized is a product of upbringing or surroundings

the temptation comes from the flesh
which is not sin in itself
it does not come from God
it comes from fallen flesh

when you choose to not go to God and be delivered from this temptation and dwell on it in your imaginations to form into lust in your heart

this is sin

then manifesting your lust into actions is sin as well

someone who is now homosexual

is very hardened regarding a specific form of lust

so much so their heart
is seared in a way they will often claim it is good or natural or even take "pride" in it

saying a homosexual is born that way because of a birth defect

is like saying someone is attracted to children or animals because of a birth defect.....

no
it is lust perverting someones desires

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
That is where my sympathy for them comes from, also I worked at a wedding chapel in Vegas for 7 years and what I've heard pastors and chaplains say about them after asking them to leave is a shame.
WHY ??
You cannot have wilfully sinful people inside a church body that is committed to upholding and living to the righteousness
of God.
Read your Bible for in both the OT and the NT it states put out the wicked man from among you.
And yes when church members separate or divorce then they too need to be put out, and the whole failure sorted out
to the resolution of those involved, and to the continued wholesomeness of the church.

The gospel is for us to repent and embrace salvation leading to us living righteously for God our new Lord in life.
Those who continue in sinning are serving their old Lord - Satan.

Mar 23, 2016
I was also asked not to return to church because my wife (female) divorced me, the rational was divorce is the same as adultery and we don't allow them in our church either.
what church did you attend ... what church asked you not to return because of divorce?

N

NoNameMcgee

WHY ??
You cannot have wilfully sinful people inside a church body that is committed to upholding and living to the righteousness
of God.
Read your Bible for in both the OT and the NT it states put out the wicked man from among you.
And yes when church members separate or divorce then they too need to be put out, and the whole failure sorted out
to the resolution of those involved, and to the continued wholesomeness of the church.

The gospel is for us to repent and embrace salvation leading to us living righteously for God our new Lord in life.
Those who continue in sinning are serving their old Lord - Satan.

maybe you chose your words poorly

are you suggesting you havent sinned since being made new?

there is a huge difference from never getting a new heart
and calling good evil and evil good
(reprobate... not born again)

and the flimsy grace, revolving door theology based on your walk maintaining salvation

that is a false works gospel for men seeking to establish their own righteousness (everyone who does not recieve the imputed righteousness of Jesus will not make it)

to think someone who has come to Christ as a homosexual through the searing of their heart towards lust

will instantly overcome even facing any temptation in the future and even failing once (even only in thought) means they are not born again

that would be ridiculous

God is more than powerul enough to not only deliver them from temptation but change their desires

but this happens through a new heart
quickened spirit
followed by prayer and a relationship with our father

we arent born again as a fruitful tree

we are born again as sapplings

then through HIM working in us (He will chasten us for our failures and encourage us in our victories which He produces ultimately) that our paths are straightened

but you arent saved when you "stop sinning"

you are saved when you TRUELY believe in Christ

this type of genuine faith is followed by the gifts of God through HIS work
(including fruit)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Many or most Christians pick on or outright hate gay people.
Had you said "hate the sexual perversion" of gay people, it would be have been accurate.

Christians do not hate sinners, since they themselves were sinners at one time. Indeed we are commanded to love all of humanity, and take the Gospel to every creature.

So you have made a false accusation in your post. And if you actually have evidence to back up your statement, then you should post it accurately.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
There is something I don't understand: Many or most Christians pick on or outright hate gay people. I realize that homosexuality is a sin however the verses they usually recite also include adultery, fornication, idolatry, drunkenness, and liars. So why single out gays?

Also: Predestination, many anti-gays believe in predestination so if people are predestined to be gay why pick on them more than them more than the others? Does the Lords prayer not say "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us..."

Who among us was born without original sin? thththat's all folks
I have found Christians as a whole tend to be more judgemental than we should be but as for the hounding of the gays I think it's important that people understand the difference between correction and being judgemental. People think being gay is a choice and to that I always say I don't think it is. I mean think about it if you are not gay can you honestly say that you can wake up one morning purposely decide to be sexually attracted to your same sex?

N

NoNameMcgee

I have found Christians as a whole tend to be more judgemental than we should be but as for the hounding of the gays I think it's important that people understand the difference between correction and being judgemental. People think being gay is a choice and to that I always say I don't think it is. I mean think about it if you are not gay can you honestly say that you can wake up one morning purposely decide to be sexually attracted to your same sex?
do you think someone wakes up one morning and decides to be attracted to animals or children?

no

its a product of lust

it doesnt happen overnight in most cases

it happens in upbringing... being exposed to perverted lusts
as well as a constant searing of the heart

through lustful imaginations and actions

iwant2serve

Apr 12, 2009
Gays probably get singled out because our society is in full "You have to accept it as normal" mode. Everywhere you look, ALL TV shows, nearly all media is pushing the "gay is normal" agenda.

This is offensive to many people, so they tend to over react to that particular fault/sin.
Fornication and adultery are on tv as the norm as well but not singled out.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I honestly agree. Hating someone and disagreeing/in our case knowing it's wrong are two totally different roads. I feel like the hating only makes it less likely for them to see the love of Christ.

"God hates gays." Incorrect. "God wants gays to have real life and love He made for them."

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
And also the talk about the fornication and adultery, also needs to be said no way. Do we hate adulterers and fornicators? I feel like we kinda hand pick which one is "more evil" Whereas God sees sin for what it is: unrighteousness leading to death. Don't we care about all involved enough to say something in a non destructive way?

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Also, I can speak as someone who has before been attracted suddenly to the opposite gender. It's a choice, though there are those who have a more predisposition to being tempted.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
do you think someone wakes up one morning and decides to be attracted to animals or children?

no

its a product of lust

it doesnt happen overnight in most cases

it happens in upbringing... being exposed to perverted lusts
as well as a constant searing of the heart

through lustful imaginations and actions
Actually upbringing is not a very good way to say why people are gay or not. It's true that the environment we grow up in can make us like what we grow up around. However this is not always the case, i grew up in an abusing hateful environment but i am the opposite of my family.

There is no perfect explanation why people are attracted to what they are but I think our genes tend to have a lot to do with it. Just as how all kinds of sicknesses can run through our families blood dna I think the same can be said about what we are attracted to sexually. but just as how not everyone in the family tree will have the illness that runs in the blood I don't think what we are sexually attracted to does either. honestly there are so many factors to consider about why one is the way they are that it would require a lot more than just a debate to be able to single down the answer because honestly there is no straight answer it's not a perfect science

N

NoNameMcgee

Actually upbringing is not a very good way to say why people are gay or not. It's true that the environment we grow up in can make us like what we grow up around. However this is not always the case, i grew up in an abusing hateful environment but i am the opposite of my family.

There is no perfect explanation why people are attracted to what they are but I think our genes tend to have a lot to do with it. Just as how all kinds of sicknesses can run through our families blood dna I think the same can be said about what we are attracted to sexually. but just as how not everyone in the family tree will have the illness that runs in the blood I don't think what we are sexually attracted to does either. honestly there are so many factors to consider about why one is the way they are that it would require a lot more than just a debate to be able to single down the answer because honestly there is no straight answer it's not a perfect science

welp im not looking to science for an answer lol

im looking to the bible

to say God made someone that way is a lie

and to say someone isnt effected by the constant bombarding of the gay agenda also goes against the evidence of the increase in homosexuality side by side with the gay pride movement

we can agree to disagree

i also was pulled out of a .... troublesome upbringing

and while yet in unbelief it definitely made me much more violent

is the upbringing the MAIN reason? no

i was exposed to violence

so i handled things in a way that i saw often
even when it felt wrong

over time

i could be as mean spirited and hateful as i felt like without a second thought

even felt pride when i could make other grown men show fear

God delivered me from this

but it wasnt a CHOICE i made to become that way

nor was i born like that

just like i fed my lusts in one area (fornication) and it became normal

i fed my others (pride) and it became normal....

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
welp im not looking to science for an answer lol

im looking to the bible

to say God made someone that way is a lie

and to say someone isnt effected by the constant bombarding of the gay agenda also goes against the evidence of the increase in homosexuality side by side with the gay pride movement

we can agree to disagree

i also was pulled out of a .... troublesome upbringing

and while yet in unbelief it definitely made me much more violent

is the upbringing the MAIN reason? no

i was exposed to violence

so i handled things in a way that i saw often
even when it felt wrong

over time

i could be as mean spirited and hateful as i felt like without a second thought

even felt pride when i could make other grown men show fear

God delivered me from this

but it wasnt a CHOICE i made to become that way

nor was i born like that

just like i fed my lusts in one area (fornication) and it became normal

i fed my others (pride) and it became normal....
I agree that one can be tempted and maybe some people are more prone to specific ones like feelings for the same sex but while I also look to the bible I also like to view things from a scientific point of view as well. I mean to say God made us like that I think is the incorrect way to view it. I mean some people are born with horrible sicknesses that make life absolutely horrible for them physically, there is even a sickness where one is born with extremely fragile bones that can break just from walking, did God make them like that?

Something I have noticed in the bible is the importance and the usage of bloodlines and dna. It was for God's own purpose important that Jesus came from Davids blood line specifically, and a people was to be born from Abrahams blood line as well. It also was believed that certain curses of sin were passed down through blood lines although that I don't really know how true or not it was back then. Also consider how satan loves to take something God made and corrupt it. It wouldn't surprise me if he did this with dna and blood lines either

N

NoNameMcgee

brother to say someone is naturally more prone to this or that sin is to say they are made that way......

i cannot blame God for homosexual behavior

as for satan going as far to manipulate bloodlines to try and come against God

i DO agree

lol

look no further than the giants right?

well this is one specific example of why one would be given over to same sex lusts

romans 1
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

(people who recieved the KNOWLEDGE of the truth... rejected what was true and darkened their hearts through vain imaginations.... also with Gods law being written on our hearts we all start out with the instictual knowledge of what is good and what isnt until we sear our hearts)

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

(He gave them up yes.... but to what? THEIR own lusts)

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

but we dont need to agree

even though i believe it is wrong to say someone is made that way

i in no way believe you are TRYING to blame God for their twisted lusts like some would

it is ok to disagree

i still value your opinion in many topics

and believe you to be a solid brother with a strong foundation in Christ

(also being weak and suffering isnt a sin that is why i didnt answer that question but yes i believe God made us all as we are and is working all things for good... if He didnt give me the physical advantages another may have there is a good reason... but to say He made me more inclined to specific sins.... is like blaming a Him for what i do)