Gay pride in church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
I think I might be cross-eyed

But when I read "gay pride" I think "pride of life" one of our arch-nemesis to deal with

Can we focus on the topic "pride of life"? As our new focal point?

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
The catch 22 is fundamentally the same issue

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Either, let the world make false slander as "Christians are unloving" or *facepalm*

Either way, the world is ready to slander

Ricky is being persecuted by a crafty devil

Dec 12, 2013
This is where the "Separation of Church and State" comes into play. If the camp is wholly owned by the Lutheran Church (not a privately owned camp) they are under no obligation to acknowledge or accept homosexuality. They have every right to prohibit the attendance of openly gay persons and to require their staff to sign contracts including clauses supporting a biblical stance on sexuality.

Even the Boy Scouts of America won numerous lawsuits over the years pertaining to gay leadership and members before the organisation folded to liberal pressure.

Unfortunately in recent years there have been several denominations (including the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) that have changed their policies to be more "inclusive". Specifically, the ELCA changed their policies in 2009 to allow for openly gay clergy and the "consecration" of homosexual marriage.
I had seen a sign on a so called "church" that said concerning gays and lesbians.....I would rather be known for who I include and embrace than for those I exclude. <---this sickened be as a believer....

Let me just say.....biblical Christianity is both inclusive and exclusive........and for sure.....NO ONE is getting into heaven unless they come by the one and only door/gospel........

Inclusive in the manner of accepting into the kingdom ALL that biblically come through Christ and under the banner of fellowship, all that maintain a somewhat faithful walk.

Exclusive in the manner of rejecting from the kingdom ALL that deny Christ and or fail to acknowledge Christ by the CORRECT GOSPEL and a call to break fellowship with those that walk contrary ONLY AFTER BIBLICALLY ATTEMPTS to steer them back onto a path of repentance and a right walk with GOD...<---1st John and walking in the light to maintain fellowship.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Sorry, close the camp. Find other ways to reach the lost. Acknowledging gay pride month is acceptance.
Given what they have already done the camp is lost. Lost from Gods service.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Find another bible camp to volunteer in, dont continue to support the lutherans. Let them know where you stand on this.

Or there could be other missions you volunteer for, they dont have to be camps.
If you are financially able, give to drug and alcohol, rehabs and recovery centres. Or prison ministries.

Ive just read about a camp called Camp Firefly, that gives families of really sick children a weeks break. For free. Its a christian run camp and I would be very surprised if it was one that supported a pride day.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'd see about forming another camp. Sure, it would be harder and take no small amount of time, but it's worth some consideration.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
here's a litmus test

satan can bribe you with the pride of life to make it seem like you can be satisfied with sin as if sin = your identity.

Romans 7:24 "Oh what a wretched man I am, who shall deliver me from this body of death"

^that's the litmus test

given the extreme reaction of Romans 7:24 to the pride of life, extremes most likely mean "either-or"

we can either view the pride of life as "proof that confirms the truth of Romans 7:24", or "wait a minute, Romans 7:24 doesn't feel it it applies" or "the pride of life is far too satisfying"

a litmus test for our lenses, our perception, whether spiritual or fleshly, similar to some optical illusion personality test thing, but more so, a litmus test to detect whether spiritual eyes are opened or spiritually blind

but even if the proper answer is given, self-righteousness is also considered as "a pride of life" in a way, pride of one's own self-righteousness

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
here's a litmus test

satan can bribe you with the pride of life to make it seem like you can be satisfied with sin as if sin = your identity.

Romans 7:24 "Oh what a wretched man I am, who shall deliver me from this body of death"

^that's the litmus test

given the extreme reaction of Romans 7:24 to the pride of life, extremes most likely mean "either-or"

we can either view the pride of life as "proof that confirms the truth of Romans 7:24", or "wait a minute, Romans 7:24 doesn't feel it it applies" or "the pride of life is far too satisfying"

a litmus test for our lenses, our perception, whether spiritual or fleshly, similar to some optical illusion personality test thing, but more so, a litmus test to detect whether spiritual eyes are opened or spiritually blind

but even if the proper answer is given, self-righteousness is also considered as "a pride of life" in a way, pride of one's own self-righteousness
and gay pride is the pride of life

S

Susanna

here's a litmus test

^that's the litmus test

Oh well, I’m a wretched woman. I can’t think of one sin I haven’t committed apart from adulterous acts or that gay thing.

CS1

May 23, 2012
In the area we hopefully one day will move to, it is predominantly traditional Lutheran and Baptist. There is a well known Lutheran Bible Camp at the lake, where I volunteer on occasion when I'm out there. Well, they recently acknowledged lgbqt - whatever it is pride day. I'm shocked, and need to discuss it with the woman I volunteer with; but I'm thinking I can't work there any more. Welcome the sinner but shun the errant brother - right? I can see where they are in a catch-22 - turn away gays et all, get sued and lose the camp, and with it the incredible witness they've built over the decades. But wow, I never expected that. The times, they are a-later than we think.

What do you do? Accept the alphabet soup, or close the camp?
stand for truth. In California, the assembly is brought up a bill called ACR099. This bill would prevent counselors, pastors, religious workers, educators" and institutions with "great moral influence" to stop perpetuating the idea that something is wrong with LGBT identities or sexual behavior. ACR 99 also condemns attempts to change unwanted same-sex attraction or gender confusion as "unethical," "harmful," and leading to high rates of suicide.

my church denomination Pastors and general Council and I have sent a Point letter letting California Legislators and the Governor 800, 000 pastor, evangelist, teachers, and Christian counselors will not comply we are ready for jail. And for the Supreme Court to rule on ACR-99.

S

Susanna

Ever wondered why the entire liberal hedonistic west coast of the U.S.A. is a catastrophic geological timebomb ???
It’s the ring of fire. Applies to countries surrounding The Pacific.

Ever wondered why there’s so many dangerous speeches in Australia?😄.

S

Susanna

🤭😄😁😂...Autocorrect...you failed miserably again😁....species, not speeches hahaha.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ever wondered why the entire liberal hedonistic west coast of the U.S.A. is a catastrophic geological timebomb ???
It might have something to do with the fault line. The Left coast is a more apt description for this area of the country. The Right coast isn't much better but the land in the middle is more sensible.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Is that what leeches are called in the land down under?

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
This is where the "Separation of Church and State" comes into play. If the camp is wholly owned by the Lutheran Church (not a privately owned camp) they are under no obligation to acknowledge or accept homosexuality. They have every right to prohibit the attendance of openly gay persons and to require their staff to sign contracts including clauses supporting a biblical stance on sexuality.

Even the Boy Scouts of America won numerous lawsuits over the years pertaining to gay leadership and members before the organisation folded to liberal pressure.

Unfortunately in recent years there have been several denominations (including the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) that have changed their policies to be more "inclusive". Specifically, the ELCA changed their policies in 2009 to allow for openly gay clergy and the "consecration" of homosexual marriage.

This is what I was going to point out. There are some very different branches of Lutherans around. Missouri Synod would never allow this. The ELCA would be delighted. I worked in Lutheran long term care run by both organizations. The ELCA would push "world" religions, the Missouri Synod paid for the Christian chaplains, got various churches to come in for monthly or weekly services, and made sure there was a general service every Sunday morning. There was no catering to gays, but that was 2013, maybe things have changed now?

I know the American Christian psychologists I am taking my PhD with say that the law is such that, if someone comes to you wanting to become gay, you have to help them, even as a Christian, employed by a Christian organization. On the other hand, if someone is gay and wants to change to straight, you can be arrested and put in jail for counseling that person, WHO WANTS TO CHANGE, from becoming straight.

I sincerely worry we have lost the battle in North America. The gays have just taken over. At Sunday's pride parade in Toronto, billed as "family friendly" with lots of little kids, lots of the gay men were walking around naked, with police standing there ignoring that it is indecent exposure, in front of little kids. I saw a photo of it. On the same day, a block away, a preacher had a Bible under his arm, and he was arrested. My country is done for! I had hoped if we got a Conservative government in, things might change, but now I fear that too many economic conservatives have walked away from the principles of social conservatism.

Oh, in Canada, if you are running a camp or some other useful summer service, you can get government funding to employ summer students. Except if you are Christian. The organization has to sign a statement agreeing that abortion is all right, or they will not get funding. A values test rigged against Christians. This was supposed to have been taken out of the summer jobs program after so many protested last year. Instead, Trudeau brought it back, on some level, and they have rejected many Christian summer camps.