Gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
C’mon, lighten up a little😁.
Ok sorry again. But this oP post was quite serious. I mean when we talk about salvation its life and when people refuse it, its death.

Im serious about the gospel. People that want to hide in darkness, dont want to come to the light. They dont want their sin exposed. Even if they are exhibitionistic about it to others, they dont really want God to witness what they do.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Im condescending sorry. But why should I respond to yours when you twisted everything I said to mean something outrageous and didnt bother to read the Bible yourself to check. Thats really rude and disrespectful in a christian forum to do didnt you know?

Try to read posts carefully before you assume things the poster did not say. How about using some active listening skills...and search scriptures. Its not hard to maybe check out the Bible to make sure rather than assume something totally wrong. It just makes yourself look like a fool. Thats why I said duh. Be noble, be a Berean and search scripture to see if things are so.

In other words use the brains God gave you and the Bible he sent you.
It's true, far too many people read with the intent to respond instead of hear.

And I was with you right up until "use the brains God gave you".

Your point was made less valid by the use of a personal attack.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Anal sex is a sin whether done to a man or a woman
Where specifically in the bible does it state that anal sex between a husband and a wife is a sin? I suppose that pertains to oral sex as well. For the record my wife and I do neither but that is not because that it might be a sin but rather a matter of personal preference. I don't believe that there is any scripture that supports the position that anal sex between a husband and wife is a sin. Just because someone may find the thought distasteful does not make it a sin.

Jun 4, 2019
Windsor Ontario
The
Where specifically in the bible does it state that anal sex between a husband and a wife is a sin? I suppose that pertains to oral sex as well. For the record my wife and I do neither but that is not because that it might be a sin but rather a matter of personal preference. I don't believe that there is any scripture that supports the position that anal sex between a husband and wife is a sin. Just because someone may find the thought distasteful does not make it a sin.
bible doesn't say not to jump off a bridge either-

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The

bible doesn't say not to jump off a bridge either-
In that case I would say that any type of physical intimacy between the husband and the wife is acceptable in the eyes of the Lord. Can't see how you said it was a sin but can't support that position with scripture. Like I mentioned in a previous post, just because someone may find that type of sex personally distasteful does not make it a sin. That is true for a lot of other things as well.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Um no I was referring to the passage in the Bible.

I was not saying what you are saying as you are making abosuletley no sense. Read the Bible ok?

They put down their stones because the people that were going to throw them were guilty of the same sins. Jesus said those without sin can cast the first stone, but obviously nobody in the crowd was without sin. Duh. Read John 8. They then all walked away till only the woman was left and Jesus forgave her. Didnt you read this passage in the Bible? If not read it again.

If you are gay, ie. practising sodomy sure you can go to a gay wedding, and 'enjoy it' or celebrate but if you are not gay, why would you even go?

Its actually abit different to the woman being caught in adultery being stoned situation. She wasnt having a public orgy and inviting everyone to witness it. People were going to stone her but what about the guy. Where was he?
The guy probably had a stone in his hand.

May 1, 2019
A man who is looking for the heart/will of God in the matter will see plainly that God holds "seed" in high regard. Man had better recognize this. To play games of ignorance regarding this matter will be at your own peril! Man carries the "seed":

G4690
σπέρμα
sperma
sper'-mah
From G4687; something sown, that is, seed (including the male “sperm”); by implication offspring; specifically a remnant (figuratively as if kept over for planting): - issue, seed.

LXX related word(s)
H319 acharit
H1121 ben
H1320 basar
H2233 zera
H5209 nin
H5220 nekhed

Where a man is to put this "sperma" in not left a mystery in the scripture. Into a rectum is to do more than despise the "seed" man is given...I could give words to describe how utterly insulting the act is, but you can find your own. Word of advice, seek absolute understanding in this matter before you place yourself at odds with a matter that is of particular importance to God.

Jun 4, 2019
Windsor Ontario
In that case I would say that any type of physical intimacy between the husband and the wife is acceptable in the eyes of the Lord. Can't see how you said it was a sin but can't support that position with scripture. Like I mentioned in a previous post, just because someone may find that type of sex personally distasteful does not make it a sin. That is true for a lot of other things as well.

U

UnderGrace

A man who is looking for the heart/will of God in the matter will see plainly that God holds "seed" in high regard. Man had better recognize this. To play games of ignorance regarding this matter will be at your own peril! Man carries the "seed":

G4690
σπέρμα
sperma
sper'-mah
From G4687; something sown, that is, seed (including the male “sperm”); by implication offspring; specifically a remnant (figuratively as if kept over for planting): - issue, seed.

LXX related word(s)
H319 acharit
H1121 ben
H1320 basar
H2233 zera
H5209 nin
H5220 nekhed

Where a man is to put this "sperma" in not left a mystery in the scripture. Into a rectum is to do more than despise the "seed" man is given...I could give words to describe how utterly insulting the act is, but you can find your own. Word of advice, seek absolute understanding in this matter before you place yourself at odds with a matter that is of particular importance to God.

Thank you!!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Lots of good banter here, lots of good thoughts. Loved the discussion on the woman being stoned. Wish we knew what Jesus wrote!

In the end it's what would God have us do? If there's guilt by association then Jesus is guilty of a lot of sins. The primary guiding force I see is welcome sinners - but do not participate in their sin - and shun believers who refuse correction.

I'm glad I went; it's always good to keep an eye on what the enemy is doing, and I know I gave comfort to at least one other attendant who was really questioning if he should be there. As it stands lines of communication are open, but no of course I would not in any way 'hang out' with them. Yuk. Makes my skin crawl.

May 1, 2019
Lots of good banter here, lots of good thoughts. Loved the discussion on the woman being stoned. Wish we knew what Jesus wrote!

In the end it's what would God have us do? If there's guilt by association then Jesus is guilty of a lot of sins. The primary guiding force I see is welcome sinners - but do not participate in their sin - and shun believers who refuse correction.

I'm glad I went; it's always good to keep an eye on what the enemy is doing, and I know I gave comfort to at least one other attendant who was really questioning if he should be there. As it stands lines of communication are open, but no of course I would not in any way 'hang out' with them. Yuk. Makes my skin crawl.

Greetings RickyZ,

Please give due diligence in researching the differences between faults/sins and abominations.

May 1, 2019

I see you went....So, your name is listed among those who did not dissent, but gave consent?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If you cleared it with God ok but it was obviously a dilemma for you whether to go or not. Then all we can do is keep praying.

The problem is for God to sort out really. Jesus wasnt welcoming sinners as such what he said was the sick need a physician. Those who are sick know they need to see a doctor. People arent going to see a doctor if they dont think they are sick at all, even if they are showing alarming symptoms and its obvious to everyone else.

Jesus spoke to anyone who was repentant...even at the cross there was one who was repentent and the other who wasn't. Jesus didn't speak to the one who mocked him.

Is your nephew repentant can you tell? Only you might know the answer to that. But there was surely a reason why abraham didnt go to sodom and gomorrah and rescue lot it was a job for the angels. Doesnt mean to say abraham didnt care...he didnt want God to destory the town, he bargained for mercy.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
The nephew didn't kiss his...uhhh.. "significant other" even though everyone whistled and yelled for him to do so. That's a good sign.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The nephew didn't kiss his...uhhh.. "significant other" even though everyone whistled and yelled for him to do so. That's a good sign.
There's still a sense of right and wrong ... HS keep convicting!