Gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 1, 2019
I would assume one would have to be saved to repent..?

Greetings RickyZ,

Act 3:19 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Lots of good banter here, lots of good thoughts. Loved the discussion on the woman being stoned. Wish we knew what Jesus wrote!

In the end it's what would God have us do? If there's guilt by association then Jesus is guilty of a lot of sins. The primary guiding force I see is welcome sinners - but do not participate in their sin - and shun believers who refuse correction.

I'm glad I went; it's always good to keep an eye on what the enemy is doing, and I know I gave comfort to at least one other attendant who was really questioning if he should be there. As it stands lines of communication are open, but no of course I would not in any way 'hang out' with them. Yuk. Makes my skin crawl.
You allowed your conscience to be your guide and so you attended the wedding. I see nothing wrong whatsoever in what you did. Did not Jesus associated with sinners? No, He didn't participate in any wrong doing but He certainly didn't shun them. After all, we all have sinned in one way or another but thank God that He still wants to fellowship with us.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I would assume one would have to be saved to repent..?
Yes, that is my understanding as well. There is no way someone is going to repent from a past sinful lifestyle unless they are contritely sorry and have confessed their sins to God. First salvation, then repentance, and finally sanctification. At least that is my scriptural understanding.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
A man who is looking for the heart/will of God in the matter will see plainly that God holds "seed" in high regard. Man had better recognize this. To play games of ignorance regarding this matter will be at your own peril! Man carries the "seed":

G4690
σπέρμα
sperma
sper'-mah
From G4687; something sown, that is, seed (including the male “sperm”); by implication offspring; specifically a remnant (figuratively as if kept over for planting): - issue, seed.

LXX related word(s)
H319 acharit
H1121 ben
H1320 basar
H2233 zera
H5209 nin
H5220 nekhed

Where a man is to put this "sperma" in not left a mystery in the scripture. Into a rectum is to do more than despise the "seed" man is given...I could give words to describe how utterly insulting the act is, but you can find your own. Word of advice, seek absolute understanding in this matter before you place yourself at odds with a matter that is of particular importance to God.

What if a guy had a vasectomy?

No peril either 'cause I have been saved from the shed blood of Jesus dying on the cross for my sins and years ago invited the Holy Spirit to comfort and guide me in the life-long repentance process. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over this.

All I said was that I could find no scripture that states explicitly that anal or oral sex as part of the physical intimacy between a husband and wife is sinful. As part of family planning what if a couple uses birth control? is that sinful too because the sperm is either killed off or is prevented from entering a fertile egg?

God holds everything about humans in high regard because He knitted us in the womb.

I'm not following your logic but to each his own I guess. I already stated for the record also that my wife and I do not practice these so-called distasteful acts of sex, but only because of personal preference and not because we believe that it is a sin. There is no scriptural evidence that it is a sin. My conscience is clear on this.

I am moving forward from this topic now and will chose a more interesting thread.

S

Susanna

I have a lifelong friend that is a lesbian. If she was gonna marry, and then invited me to her wedding, I’d definitely go.

If I didn’t go, what would that tell her about the Lord? Like Tourist said above, what did Jesus do? He wasn’t hiding under his bed, he participated in the events taking place where sinners gathered.

Heck, I’d even have a beer at the party😁.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I have a lifelong friend that is a lesbian. If she was gonna marry, and then invited me to her wedding, I’d definitely go.
If I didn’t go, what would that tell her about the Lord? Like Tourist said above, what did Jesus do? He wasn’t hiding under his bed, he participated in the events taking place where sinners gathered.
Heck, I’d even have a beer at the party😁.
Why would you as a Christian drink beer, or any other alcohol?
Where is your testimony to being transformed and made separate from worldly people?

You do not understand the spiritual significance of marriage before God. Lesbians cannot marry, regardless of what vows they
exchange. It is only an unholy pagan ritual that mocks and offends real marriage. They seal their fate.
You are making our Lord and God, who is holy, partake of an unholy abomination with your attendance.
Your presence validates their profane mockery of marriage [which is God given for a man and a woman].
Rather your non-attendance as a Christian supporting righteousness is far more powerful statement unto the need for repentance.

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Titus 2:

U

UnderGrace

No peril either 'cause I have been saved from the shed blood of Jesus dying on the cross for my sins and years ago invited the Holy Spirit to comfort and guide me in the life-long repentance process. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over this.

All I said was that I could find no scripture that states explicitly that anal or oral sex as part of the physical intimacy between a husband and wife is sinful. As part of family planning what if a couple uses birth control? is that sinful too because the sperm is either killed off or is prevented from entering a fertile egg?

God holds everything about humans in high regard because He knitted us in the womb.

I'm not following your logic but to each his own I guess. I already stated for the record also that my wife and I do not practice these so-called distasteful acts of sex, but only because of personal preference and not because we believe that it is a sin. There is no scriptural evidence that it is a sin. My conscience is clear on this.

I am moving forward from this topic now and will chose a more interesting thread.
Does scripture state pedophilia is a sin?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
That is the issue ... do we love him for who he is or shun him for how he lives? He grew up Christian, and other than sexual orientation lives up to Christian standards better than anyone else I know. But I don't know if he really is Christian. And that alone provides a fork in the road in scripture. We are to love and welcome the sinner, but yeah like it was said above, a brother who has been shown correction and does not accept it is to be shunned. That would be the catch-22 of it all.
If you truly love him, you will not help or encourage him on his descent into hell. The very concept of gay marriage is blasphemous. Marriage is a picture or Christ and the Church. It is the Holiest of sacraments.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012

Actually, the "pill" does not stop conception, it prevents the zygote from implanting in the womb.

Sorry if this all got boring

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Does scripture state pedophilia is a sin?
It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and
he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Also: And whoever welcomes a little child like this in My name welcomes Me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world for the causes of sin. These stumbling blocks must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!

DavidDiv

Jun 8, 2019
Thank you all, it's all good for consideration. I'm kinda leaning towards, I have to find out if he claims to be a Christian. If so, he's been talked to by others and by not making a correction I shouldn't go. But if he says he's not, then I'm thinking we need to draw sinners in by showing our love and being an example. And ya can't be an example if you're not present.

If you shun a believer, they know why it's happening even if they don't admit it.

If you shun a sinner, you're just a hater and good riddance with you and your religion.

I need to find out which he is
yes the bible says it is a sin and we are told it is the work of the devil. I don't know what to do about Mark

S

Susanna

Where is your testimony to being transformed and made separate from worldly people?

You do not understand the spiritual significance of marriage before God. Lesbians cannot marry, regardless of what vows they
exchange. It is only an unholy pagan ritual that mocks and offends real marriage. They seal their fate.
You are making our Lord and God, who is holy, partake of an unholy abomination with your attendance.
Your presence validates their profane mockery of marriage [which is God given for a man and a woman].
Rather your non-attendance as a Christian supporting righteousness is far more powerful statement unto the need for repentance.

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Titus 2:

We’re hanging out with sinners everyday, we’re sinners ourselves and we all need Jesus.

You Sir, want to control and mock people who don’t think exactly like you do. I think your words remind me of the Pharisees.

You’re come across the kind of Christian that’s hiding instead of contributing in making the name of the Lord known where it is truly needed.

Shouldn’t you, rather than producing harsh words, be out there where people are, talking joyfully about the gospel, instead of trashing others?

I’m sure you know the letter of the law, but that alone doesn’t make you the judge of me.

I know I’m no better than you in my response to you, but I’m fully aware of the fact that I’m a sinner that need Jesus. I’m so glad I didn’t encounter you, or your sidekicks, when I really was down and out.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
We’re hanging out with sinners everyday, we’re sinners ourselves and we all need Jesus.

You Sir, want to control and mock people who don’t think exactly like you do. I think your words remind me of the Pharisees.

You’re come across the kind of Christian that’s hiding instead of contributing in making the name of the Lord known where it is truly needed.

Shouldn’t you, rather than producing harsh words, be out there where people are, talking joyfully about the gospel, instead of trashing others?

I’m sure you know the letter of the law, but that alone doesn’t make you the judge of me.

I know I’m no better than you in my response to you, but I’m fully aware of the fact that I’m a sinner that need Jesus. I’m so glad I didn’t encounter you, or your sidekicks, when I really was down and out.
We are to be salt. We are to lead them, not follow them. We are to be examples. Feed His sheep.

John
21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus did. He made gallons and gallons of it, also :) First recorded miracle in John's gospel ;)
They seal their fate? Really? How so? My understanding is that there is only ONE unforgivable sin. Jesus said so.
Is He not a witness to it regardless of who attends?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Why would you as a Christian drink beer, or any other alcohol?*

Titus 2:
About drinking Alcohol*; It is most certainly not a sin for most. Drunkenness is. It is not others fault that some of us have an allergy that causes a phenomenon of craving that leads us to Consume that which makes us sin and become ill. We are a minority. Why did the master of the wedding banquet in Canaan criticize the Lord for allegedly, keeping the best wine for last, although the guests already had plenty do drink? Do you think it was grape juice? I and many others have a problem with alcohol. Some have a similar problem with sugar or shellfish. I don't think it's fair to rebuke someone for indulging on occasion what 95% of the population can enjoy without sin.

About the gay wedding; My question would be do they think they are making a covenant with God or just a civil contract like buying a house with a court or agnostic justice of the peace? Ministers, Pastors, Rabbis, etc., have the legal right to refuse to perform any marriage they do not see fit under the constitution. However discrimination by civil authority's is prohibited by law. I was in the wedding business for 7 years. And never took part in a marriage between homosexuals that I know of. But lets ask if my gay cousin invited me to a non religious wedding at some agnostic venue. The decision to go would be upon me.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Unfortunately in the United States marriage is no longer defined as a life long contract between a man a woman and God in fact divorce in most states only requires 1 party to agree. It happened to me and opposing it would have meant losing my visitation rights because I could have been considered too hostile for children. I had to agree or lose. Being my rights seemed insignificant in accordance to the agnostic legal system. They don't have Bibles in courtrooms here any more.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
On a different tangent, we just got back from a wedding (my wife's straight niece). The father of the bride (a minister) has no problem with people drinking wine at weddings, he even made note that Jesus' first miracle was providing wine at a wedding. But he doesn't like wine so he didn't provide any for the guests. He wasn't against anyone else having some, he just didn't want any for himself so it was byob (altho he never let anyone know it was ok with him if they did so no one did). What do you make of someone who says "well I don't like this so I'm not providing some for others" ?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
On a different tangent, we just got back from a wedding (my wife's straight niece). The father of the bride (a minister) has no problem with people drinking wine at weddings, he even made note that Jesus' first miracle was providing wine at a wedding. But he doesn't like wine so he didn't provide any for the guests. He wasn't against anyone else having some, he just didn't want any for himself so it was byob (altho he never let anyone know it was ok with him if they did so no one did). What do you make of someone who says "well I don't like this so I'm not providing some for others" ?
Maybe some of those guests are or were alcoholics. Maybe they have a tendency to drink and drive. So why provide something that could potentially impair or harm someone else?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Why should he have to? Suppose he was vegan I wouldn't expect him to supply meat. It's his money.