Gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Many a person has been saved by the knowledge of "how unchristian they are" not seem, which is a part of he Gospel.

There are societal consequences when Christians abdicate their moral authority in the world which is entrusted to us by God, in this case children are seriously impacted.

It was the churches that were the main force behind the abolitionist movement, it is believers that are having an impact on abortion laws in the US. And it is actually the few faithful that are left and understand that are showing up at meetings trying to stop the indoctrination of their children.

And all these things are the Gospel in action.
I do not know anyone who was saved by knowledge of how unchristian they are, nor is it part of the gospel. The gospel teaches the “good news,” which is the message of forgiveness for sin through the atoning work of Jesus Christ... that those who place their trust in God's divine Son are reconciled to God and attain to life ever after. I recall also that Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I do not know anyone who was saved by knowledge of how unchristian they are, nor is it part of the gospel. The gospel teaches the “good news,” which is the message of forgiveness for sin through the atoning work of Jesus Christ... that those who place their trust in God's divine Son are reconciled to God and attain to life ever after. I recall also that Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world.

I must say that I did not have a full understanding of my utter depravity until after I had came to Jesus. Holy Spirit helps us see these things more clearly as the days go by. Every day I live, my appreciation for what He did for me grows.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I must say that I did not have a full understanding of my utter depravity until after I had came to Jesus. Holy Spirit helps us see these things more clearly as the days go by. Every day I live, my appreciation for what He did for me grows.
Praise the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever :)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
LOL @Waggles I did not say Cain married his sister, can you not read or do you just like to twist everything? Your lack of logic in this matter notwithstanding, since Eve was said to be the mother of ALL living, Cain would have HAD to have married either a sister or a niece, or grand niece, etc, as I said, and there is no way around Cain marrying a close relative unless you deny what the Bible explicitly states. Also, the Bible does NOT say, as you erroneously claim, that Cain married in Nod. He knew his wife there and that is where she conceived. It can be assumed they married there but it does not say they did, so it could also be assumed they went there together as a married couple or that he met her on the way there and married.
LOL @Waggles I did not say Cain married his sister, can you not read or do you just like to twist everything? Your lack of logic in this matter notwithstanding, since Eve was said to be the mother of ALL living, Cain would have HAD to have married either a sister or a niece, or grand niece, etc, as I said, and there is no way around Cain marrying a close relative unless you deny what the Bible explicitly states. Also, the Bible does NOT say, as you erroneously claim, that Cain married in Nod. He knew his wife there and that is where she conceived. It can be assumed they married there but it does not say they did, so it could also be assumed they went there together as a married couple or that he met her on the way there and married.
Among Adam's sons and daughters, some of them would have had to intermarry with brothers and sisters to get the process of reproduction going. Perhaps Cain married a sister. If not, he could have married a niece, or grand niece, etc. At this point there were no laws against such close intermarriage. God had commanded reproduction and such intermarriage would be needed to obey the command. Intermarriage among close relatives was forbidden only years later. So much for @Waggles claim :oops:
@Magenta I think it's obvious that you are debating with people who have confirmation bias. That is they are already convinced that their hypothesis is correct and they can only accept evidence that proves what they already believe and or deny everything that contradicts this false narrative. It's a common abnormality but denial and confabulation have taken over the minds of the closed minded. I think you should have realized that they couldn't accept the logical truth and evidence when they descended to kindergarten level and started calling names like children throwing sand in a sand box.

We know it dosn't say that Cain married his wife in Nod or that she was from Nod only that in the King James it says he knew her there or NIV says they made love there. If it said what they say it says it would further confirm my theory. However it does not.

We know Abraham and Sarah were 1/2 siblings and that marriage between Hebrews and hebrews was encouraged and between Hebrews and foreigners was discouraged so much so people often married near family members like Aunts, nephews and cousins. Jacob even married two of Laban's daughters who shared their female servants with Jacob for the purpose of bearing more children.

The laws concerning such things were not written yet. Furthermore; If I am incorrect, which I may be, incest would have been the only way to propagate humanity. Through the first 9 or so generations.

I'm pretty sure a lot of things happened that weren't written however contradicting what is written is upon their heads.

S

Susanna

I can't understand why when evidence is inconclusive. We or I don't know is not an acceptable answer.
Granted I understand you correctly, I think many of us so desperately need clear cut answers and is seeing everything in black and white. Anything in between those two extremes becomes an abomination. That’s easy going as well. No need thinking about anything, just put yourself on repeat, start yelling while putting your fingers in your ears😁.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Granted I understand you correctly, I think many of us so desperately need clear cut answers and is seeing everything in black and white. Anything in between those two extremes becomes an abomination. That’s easy going as well. No need thinking about anything, just put yourself on repeat, start yelling while putting your fingers in your ears😁.
Tru dat! That's exactly the attitude I oppose. Thank you. Be blessed.

CS1

May 23, 2012
the idea one is yelling or even the suggestion one is unwilling to think about anything because one cannot provide anything to refute what they have said is absurd. it just proves one cannot correctly deal with the truth and has to resort to personal demeaning comments. The word of God is Clear cut. And God has made it known what HE thinks about homosexuality and God has also made it known HIS plan for marriage. Weak inapt self-professing Christians will not change that Truth.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Sort of like the 3 wise monkeys, 'hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil'

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
the idea one is yelling or even the suggestion one is unwilling to think about anything because one cannot provide anything to refute what they have said is absurd. it just proves one cannot correctly deal with the truth and has to resort to personal demeaning comments. The word of God is Clear cut. And God has made it known what HE thinks about homosexuality and God has also made it known HIS plan for marriage. Weak inapt self-professing Christians will not change that Truth.
Yes. We need to treat homosexuals just like fornicators, adulterers, drunkards and all liars no better, no worse.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes. We need to treat homosexuals just like fornicators, adulterers, drunkards and all liars no better, no worse.
If the list was expanded slightly everyone would be included. Personally, I don't think I'm better than anyone else. You have made a valid point that is central to this conversation as far as I'm concerned.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If the list was expanded slightly everyone would be included. Personally, I don't think I'm better than anyone else. You have made a valid point that is central to this conversation as far as I'm concerned.
That point has been made multiple times and dismissed probably just as often :(

S

Susanna

My post wasn’t in regard to the gay wedding brawl. It was a general observation of how people are conducting themselves in society.

Let me ask you a couple of questions: Am I a better person than the average gay person just because I’m not gay?

Or am I worse than a gay person?

Is it just a matter of black and white?

I have made a lot of choices over the years, not all of them good, have you?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
it just proves one cannot correctly deal with the truth and has to resort to personal demeaning comments.
Yes, ad hom attacks are a favorite of some. Funny how they do that while denying what Scriptures say as if bullying, slander and lying about what Scripture explicitly states props up their case.