Gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 19, 2019
To be graphic, why God hates it, is because men use other men as women but they put their private parts up where they dont belong, where the number twos come out. This is very damaging to them, physically and emotionally as well as spiritually.
Thank you @Lanolin for taking the time to respond. Your reasoning reflects how you feel about the practice but not how god feels about it.

Anal sex is not uncommon in a good christian marriage between a man and a woman. Should we shun them too?

If it is the physical, emotional and spiritual health of the practice that is the main concern then gluttony is most certainly of higher impact - shall we shun the overweight?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Thank you @Lanolin for taking the time to respond. Your reasoning reflects how you feel about the practice but not how god feels about it.

Anal sex is not uncommon in a good christian marriage between a man and a woman. Should we shun them too?

If it is the physical, emotional and spiritual health of the practice that is the main concern then gluttony is most certainly of higher impact - shall we shun the overweight?
Where do you get that from? Most normal people prefer to have regular sex and not anal, where penises aren't meant to go.. Penises are meant to go in a vagina, not another man's poop hole..

But the alphabet people aren't normal, so there ya go. :rolleyes:

Jul 19, 2019
Ok, after reading the above responses this could easily get sidetracked talking about which old laws to follow and which not to. We can hopefully avoid this if we can all agree that there are plenty of good christian people who do not follow every one of the laws in the OT.

Regarding the claim the NT is clear on homosexuality - prove it! Here Mii's argument is compelling, no need to reiterate because "it is written" - yes I'll pay that, but read my paragraph above...

Regarding the claim that marriage is clearly established as being between a man and a woman, I have no idea what bible you've been reading. It is clearly established between a man and a whole lot of women. Since Abraham was mentioned, he had at least two wives and a few concubines.

What is also clear from the responses is that this particular law is singled out because homosexuality is "icky". Fine, but is that reason to shun a family wedding? I like durian and brussels sprouts (not together :) ), my kids think that's icky, who cares? When talking about driving a wedge between family it's not about you and your judgements it's about god.

@RickyZ If you miss the wedding you can never go back and fix it. You will regret that for your entire life. After reading the comments so far I am convinced the arguments are weak and you should DEFINITELY GO TO THE WEDDING!

U

UnderGrace

Do you statistics to support this claim.... just curious?

U

UnderGrace

Ok, after reading the above responses this could easily get sidetracked talking about which old laws to follow and which not to. We can hopefully avoid this if we can all agree that there are plenty of good christian people who do not follow every one of the laws in the OT.

Regarding the claim the NT is clear on homosexuality - prove it! Here Mii's argument is compelling, no need to reiterate because "it is written" - yes I'll pay that, but read my paragraph above...

Regarding the claim that marriage is clearly established as being between a man and a woman, I have no idea what bible you've been reading. It is clearly established between a man and a whole lot of women. Since Abraham was mentioned, he had at least two wives and a few concubines.

What is also clear from the responses is that this particular law is singled out because homosexuality is "icky". Fine, but is that reason to shun a family wedding? I like durian and brussels sprouts (not together :) ), my kids think that's icky, who cares? When talking about driving a wedge between family it's not about you and your judgements it's about god.

@RickyZ If you miss the wedding you can never go back and fix it. You will regret that for your entire life. After reading the comments so far I am convinced the arguments are weak and you should DEFINITELY GO TO THE WEDDING!
Your argument is not supported by any scripture and in most places clearly illogical.

And since you chosen the name "sinnerbydesign" this also is contradictory to scripture.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
You obviously have no idea whatsoever about being a true Christian walking in the Spirit; walking in the light.
what you blogged above is complete nonsense.
The NT does not contradict the moral law of the OT.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Anal sex is "icky". Masturbating is "icky". It's also unnatural, disgusting, gross and an abomination to God. There's a reason why God made it icky. Having sex with yourself or another of your same gender is just NOT how God designed sex to be. He designed it for MAN AND WOMAN.

Not for ADAM AND STEVE, and not for EVE AND ELLEN..

If you think anal sex is normal, even between a man and woman, then there's something wrong with you.. :confused: No normal sane person would want to take it up the poop chute.

RollEyes.gif

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

The wedding took place months ago.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well I guess he thought wrong.
He endorsed a terrible blasphemy against the God given truth of marriage.
He brought Jesus with him to dine at the table of Satan.
If he acted as he was being led by God he did no wrong. The truth is, if you want to heal the sick you must go where the sick people are. This is the paradigm that Jesus, the Great Physician operates under. There will be no healing absence the presence of God. That's just the way that it is. If you shun those that you may not agree with that God sends your way on your spiritual journey God will appoint another to take your place.

S

Susanna

If he acted as he was being led by God he did no wrong. The truth is, if you want to heal the sick you must go where the sick people are. This is the paradigm that Jesus, the Great Physician operates under. There will be no healing absence the presence of God. That's just the way that it is. If you shun those that you may not agree with that God sends your way on your spiritual journey God will appoint another to take your place.
I totally agree.

It’s better trying to build up people than tearing them apart.

U

UnderGrace

And where they healed?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Love the sinner, shun an unrepentant brother/sister.

That seems to be the Biblical pattern.