Gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
And where they healed?
Not for me to say because I was not there. In the instance of the gay wedding probably not, at least not immediately. Regarding spiritual healing, that would start to take effect from the inside out. It would be difficult to observe subtle spiritual changes but overtime there may be a noticeable difference in attitude and behavior.

U

UnderGrace

Jesus ate with sinners, we have no indication from scripture that the sinners were celebrating their sin, eating is not a sin, spending

time with a sinner has never been the concern.

The concern has always been joining in the celebration of sin.

That a Christian cannot see this is beyond baffling, I am sure no one on this thread would support attending a wedding where a family member marries a child, it is same thing. Societal norms are not the litmus test for us, for us it is the Bible.

U

UnderGrace

Not for me to say because I was not there. In the instance of the gay wedding probably not, at least not immediately. Regarding spiritual healing, that would start to take effect from the inside out. It would be difficult to observe subtle spiritual changes but overtime there may be a noticeable difference in attitude and behavior.
Well read post read post #1 582, our first obligation is to God and then family not the other way around.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Love the sinner, shun an unrepentant brother/sister.

That seems to be the Biblical pattern.
Thing about that is that if the unrepentant brother/sister is shunned then we would be no use whatsoever in our service to the Lord. Anyone that sins is at first unrepentant until the moment they asked for forgiveness and develop a repentant attitude under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Yeah, let us shun all unrepentant brother and sisters. God will just appoint another to take our place. He's got it covered.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Thing about that is that if the unrepentant brother/sister is shunned then we would be no use whatsoever in our service to the Lord. Anyone that sins is at first unrepentant until the moment they asked for forgiveness and develop a repentant attitude under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Yeah, let us shun all unrepentant brother and sisters. God will just appoint another to take our place. He's got it covered.
Mat 18: 15If your brother sins against you,b go and confront him privately. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’c 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Jesus ate with sinners, we have no indication from scripture that the sinners were celebrating their sin, eating is not a sin, spending

time with a sinner has never been the concern.

The concern has always been joining in the celebration of sin.

That a Christian cannot see this is beyond baffling, I am sure no one on this thread would support attending a wedding where a family member marries a child, it is same thing. Societal norms are not the litmus test for us, for us it is the Bible.
That is a valid point to be considered.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Ok, after reading the above responses this could easily get sidetracked talking about which old laws to follow and which not to. We can hopefully avoid this if we can all agree that there are plenty of good christian people who do not follow every one of the laws in the OT.

Regarding the claim that marriage is clearly established as being between a man and a woman, I have no idea what bible you've been reading. It is clearly established between a man and a whole lot of women. Since Abraham was mentioned, he had at least two wives and a few concubines.
There is a difference in Jew & Gentile, that must be factored in to any discussion on the Law of Moses.

Also realize no one is called good but God (that is scripture). So there is no such thing as a "good christian" merely "Christian". Which I prefer the term believer personally.

^I get that is a common thing to say in our culture. This drink is good. This food is good. "You're a good man charlie brown" ;)

Just pointing it out there. As believers we all mess up and we all make mistakes. Willful rebellion is different than a heat of the moment error, even the legal system looks at murder that way. The Lord does however judge the heart and each person is accountable to what they know.

There is something that people do when they are trying to seek the Lord which is trying to live under the weight of the law and failing miserably. That's actually what Jesus came for. To fulfill the law. To pay the penalty of our sin debt. Even well intentioned people that just failed.

I've seen atheists go outside a christian convention and bring up little tidbits about putting virgins to death that get raped (as that is in scripture but it took me a while to find it) it's certainly worth reading to give you an idea of how serious the Lord views sexuality.

You can either bring yourself to a place of "hey this might be true, what if?" and simulate from there and "knock at the door" or you can feel like you've got the secrets to massive holes/discrepancies in scripture. His ways are higher than our ways. We are limited as human beings.

In regards to additional wives, it's still male and female. What kind of issues do you have with polygamy? That's something that isn't strictly speaking disallowed but isn't part of our culture.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
It was a reception, and I felt God wanted me to go. Not to support them, ick. But I did lend a little support to another who was questioning their being there.
Tough choice to make. I'm still on the fence about the "middle" approach. When an issue is causing turmoil and there is no resolution except to make "a choice". Neutral choices are lukewarm. Something to factor in. I KNOW the Lord does work there but the problem is the fruit can't really be seen (in my experience) and we have the message to Laodicea in revelation.

I've been there many times I think. I've had conversations I wouldn't have ever had. Even sometimes when I know I should refuse a temptation I succumb. Smoking a cigarette for example... convincing myself that it is a journey and a process instead of planting my feet firmly and refusing and then I have a random conversation with someone and bring up the Lord and open a door. Which further confuses me, because of the butterfly effect.

We can't see how the Lord works in the world. I've tried. It confuses me profoundly. All I know is that it is a process and some of the situations I've been in prior I know he would not work there again...at least not in a way that I could see, because I know better now. Anyway thanks for the thread. It brought up some good questions about "real world" situations and the courage it takes to be a believer in today's world and how difficult it can be in ways we don't expect.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Time limit :(

I have to get to work but I think these types of situations there is a lot to learn. So if you don't mind I'd like to qualify a bit :p

Jul 21, 2019
Murica
High blasphemy, it will not be a sin if them and the priests of Baal that perform these wicked rituals to sexual abuse and depravity are utterly slaughtered for this thing they have done in order to degenerate the dying lands and cause them to be invaded and conquered by the foreigners of Sodom and Egypt; Babylon. This sickness they foisted upon and deluded to the youthful generations. They will all be slaughtered by the sword of Jesus' mouth, the Apocalypse is awaiting them. May greater damnation fall on the priests of the abominations, their blood is upon their own head, may the spirit named Wickedness, that whore with the curse attached in the Ephah of Shinar be perished in the day of the treading of the winepress of God. Praise Jesus!

S

Susanna

High blasphemy, it will not be a sin if them and the priests of Baal that perform these wicked rituals to sexual abuse and depravity are utterly slaughtered for this thing they have done in order to degenerate the dying lands and cause them to be invaded and conquered by the foreigners of Sodom and Egypt; Babylon. This sickness they foisted upon and deluded to the youthful generations. They will all be slaughtered by the sword of Jesus' mouth, the Apocalypse is awaiting them. May greater damnation fall on the priests of the abominations, their blood is upon their own head, may the spirit named Wickedness, that whore with the curse attached in the Ephah of Shinar be perished in the day of the treading of the winepress of God. Praise Jesus!
You are endorsing actions that are a violation of most civilized countries laws.

That is not okay.

Jul 22, 2019
Matthew 18:15 If your brother sins against you... looking at the 10 commandments I don't see how a wedding invitation or acceptance is a sin against the recipient. Homosexuality is a sexual sin, along with adultery, and fornication; Every wedding I have ever attended both people getting married are sinners and will in all likelihood sin again. Matthew 22:39 you shall love your neighbor as yourself. 1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. The question outstanding is; Is merely attending a celebration of a homosexual wedding condoning the sin? We must ask ourselves What Would Jesus Do. John 8:7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground.9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I suggest an anger management course to alleviate the hateful venom that comes from deep inside of you. I don't believe that Jesus is praising this post you wrote either. It is not your place or mine to pass judgement on anyone. This is God's place and not ours, thank God.

U

UnderGrace

I suggest an anger management course to alleviate the hateful venom that comes from deep inside of you. I don't believe that Jesus is praising this post you wrote either. It is not your place or mine to pass judgement on anyone. This is God's place and not ours, thank God.
Agree.... someone is way too intense, and certainly forgets Jesus died for all the people he rails against, of which he was once one.

Jul 21, 2019
Murica
You are endorsing actions that are a violation of most civilized countries laws.

That is not okay.
If you think letting the disgusting faggots run amok throughout your land is civilized, much less allowing them to so openly blaspheme the Lord, then truly this nation is lost, may it be utterly perished with the fires that were rained down on Sodom, praise Jesus.

Jul 21, 2019
Murica
I suggest you actually read the Bible, God is no friend of faggots he will totally and utterly destroy them and throw them into hellfire for eternity, and this is written by many of the righteous men of the Bible, praise Jesus he will avenge!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I suggest you actually read the Bible, God is no friend of faggots he will totally and utterly destroy them and throw them into hellfire for eternity, and this is written by many of the righteous men of the Bible, praise Jesus he will avenge!
Will God throw someone in hellfire for eternity for a single instance of telling a white lie or a kid that swipes a Snicker's bar at the local 7/Eleven?

Is not the shed blood of Jesus dying on the cross for these 'faggots' sufficient if they ask for forgiveness and repent. Anyone that commits even a single sin needs repentance that leads to sanctification.

I read the bible every day and pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort and guide me on my life-long repentance as an integral part of the salvation process.

Would you be happier if instead of Jesus avenging these 'faggots' that He forgave them and forgive us as well for our sins?

I find the term you used to describe homosexuals offensive and your self-righteous attitude obnoxious.

Maybe Jesus will forgive your sins too. I will pray that He certainly does.