Gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous1will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not bedeceived: neither the sexually immoral, noridolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practicehomosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy,nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers willinherit the kingdom of God.

Welcome to cc,blessings on your journey here!

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I have two childhood friends that are in homosexual relationships. Both women have children with other women whom they we're artificially inseminated by males that they know. One of the couples is married and the other couple are engaged or already married. I love both of them, I grew up with them, they are definitely important to me. I am very bothered by homosexuality, to the point that some may say I am homophobic. I am saddened by the way we were living. There was a moment in 2011 where I was literally stopped in my tracks and I looked at the land with the strip malls and the busy streets and I thought (more like felt) to myself in a profound way from within, why are we living like this? It seemed so foreign to me, almost as if I was seeing the world through eyes that were not my own yet more familiar than my own (the familiarity was the consciousness, the unfamiliarity were the cars and malls. I was starting to question the existence of God more so than I ever have, I grew up considering myself an atheist mostly, although I did wonder from time to time). It was a very strange experience, I believe I was awakening to my soul self who has memory of eternal life, times when we were living much more holy than this way. I feel like my soul is aching for that. I have a twin sister who is a homosexual addicted to crystal meth and it tears me apart. I am a sinner myself. I have vices that I still struggle with. Eating junk food and getting angry instead of having faith. My vice might not sound dire, at least not as dire as the crystal meth problem, but it is definitely a problem when you're wanting to live a holy life and you just can't get it together. If all that mattered was going to work, coming home, taking care of the family, laughing and having fun, I really wouldn't be that upset with myself, but I do feel this push to be holy and it's so hard and heartbreaking when us as a whole are allowing so much craziness to happen and anyone speaking up against it is found to be politically incorrect or insensitive. My heart aches for us and I want peace.

I will be praying for you and your family! May you find the way to walk in faith with Jesus,allowing the Holy Spirit to be your guide! Everyone is valuable in His eyes,for it is HIS WILL THAT NONE SHOULD PERISH!

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I am a sinner myself. I have vices that I still struggle with. Eating junk food and getting angry instead of having faith. My vice might not sound dire, at least not as dire as the crystal meth problem, but it is definitely a problem when you're wanting to live a holy life and you just can't get it together.
You need to be converted by the power of God within you
by the baptism of the Holy Spirit whereby Jesus will help to make you a completely new person in him
check out the link below for wonderful uplifting testimonies to this and so much more ...

https://trffresno.org/

Jun 13, 2014
Our nephew, who is one of the most respectful and responsible people I know, is marrying his boyfriend.

Do we go out of respect for him, or stay away because of the gay issue?
As mean as this will sound, its as TRUTHFUL as it comes....[2Co 6:14 NKJV] 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Aug 3, 2019
I am surprised and please that the overall opinion in this forum is that same sex marriage is sin. At least we are all acknowledging that the Bible teaches against the gay lifestyle. I know certain churches are beginning to accept this, and many Christian individuals go along with what is politically correct. But God and His Word will never change, what was sin hundreds of years ago is still sin. We don't need to change with the times. That being said, I have no family or friends who are gay, and have met very few gays, so I have not had to deal with the issue. When I meet any person, I am polite, kind, and respectful, no matter who or what they may be. We all have sin in our lives, and none of us should judge. However, if I were asked by gays, or if I learned someone near to me was gay, I would gently and lovingly let them know my beliefs on the matter, and if I were invited to a gay wedding, I would have to decline. That doesn't mean I hate the person, I just hate the sin. If I knew someone was a thief or a killer, I would also decline invitations from them. God's children are supposed to separate themselves from sin. Yes, we are also to go out into all the world and teach God's word. Telling someone what the Bible says about their sin should at least plant the seed, but if we follow it up with poor treatment, that seed will never grow. Love them and pray for them.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Watching on Netflix > Shera and The Princesses Of Power
which is a children's and family animation series for youngsters (and their grandparents)
when all of a sudden in season two an episode contains the three leading story characters of
Adora, Glimmer and Bow (a young man) visiting the library where Bow grew up with his dads -
yes with his two dads as his parents.
And also they are not only affectionate but all five characters hug and embrace at the end "as we are all family."
They have an agenda and it is a lot more than merely tolerance.

1566189317504.png

Aug 28, 2019
See 2 John 1:10–11 - The bible warns us who approves the unrighteous.
My sister is gay and is married but did not invite any family . I do love her .
I see it this way if I trun her away then who would be there to keep talking about God and what God wants
them to do to change their life . Not say she would change but God could never say to me why were you not a witness to her .
Jesus did come to heal the sick not the healthy . Jesus did not turn away the tax colector , the prosoutes or the sinners . I would go and be a witness to everyone there and share God with them be the light in their darkness . You could be the diffrence in the life that makes some one there have a life changing expercince that leads them to salavation .

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I see it this way if I trun her away then who would be there to keep talking about God and what God wants
The thread was not originally about our personal relationships with homosexual relatives and friends and shunning them ...
It was about should a "Christian" believer attend a same-sex "wedding" and acknowledge this union?
The arguments were primarily about whether or not a same-sex union should be called as a "wedding" as many here defined a
wedding as matrimony between a man and a woman and as God given.
Therefore homosexual unions are not weddings, but rather a blasphemy against what God has ordained - and that Christians
should exercise discernment and not honour such ceremonies by attending.

Aug 28, 2019
The thread was not originally about our personal relationships with homosexual relatives and friends and shunning them ...
It was about should a "Christian" believer attend a same-sex "wedding" and acknowledge this union?
The arguments were primarily about whether or not a same-sex union should be called as a "wedding" as many here defined a
wedding as matrimony between a man and a woman and as God given.
Therefore homosexual unions are not weddings, but rather a blasphemy against what God has ordained - and that Christians
should exercise discernment and not honour such ceremonies by attending.
In the case of my sister marring another women . My sister did NOT invite any of the family because we had already
told her we would not go because as much as we loved her we could not support what she was doing . But the post was about
homosexual relatives . If you would go back to the very first post you would see he was asking if he should or should attend
a same sex marrage of a family member .

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
It is not matter of your respect for your cousin , but your cousins respect for you. I assume your cousin knows about your relationship with God, in which case , you must decide ,if I go it must be to protest this direct assault he has so blatantly challenged my relationship with my savior . Otherwise stay at home and wait for the phone call which will be coming as to why you were not there.

Remember this: The power that exists within the human soul is greater than anything in existence . The battle for your mind rages on day by day.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
On gay weddings.

The teacher of my small business certificate has her own business with her husband and it is as a wedding event planners They have decided to target the lbqt community. What they do is online and get people to elope to my country and organise the wedding and honeymoon. Why lbqt, its because they are the market that can afford to do so. They can do this as its now legal.

My teacher is not gay, but she is white and she married to a black american. As far as I know, they dont have children, so maybe that could be classifed as 'queer' although Im not sure what queer really means.

Anyway, I dont mean to change the topic of OP, as it was his issue and he attended and still dealing with his family etc or praying about it, but was thinking I am on this certificate until November, I see my teacher every week, do I say anything?

Recall...she and her hsuband can do this business here cos its legal. Shes not forcing anyone to be gay. These people decide they want to pay for a wedding. They will organise it all for them, airfares, venues, flowers, catering, whatever. They probably do have some straight customers but they arent averse to anyone else, but I do know she said she doesnt organise church weddings. She treates it as a business.

It is a niche market and it is what is called high end.

The business certificate isnt about gay weddings although she uses her own as an examples to teach us. Everyone has their own business ideas, and success to a few doesnt just mean monetary profits. She and her husband are planning another business venture related to their gay wedding enterprise.

She says some people are willing to pay crazy amounts for weddings....and she liked to make people happy. Sometimes we students say what about divorce but no its in her best interests these couples stay married, but you could be cynical and say remarriage is more profitable.

Aug 28, 2019
On gay weddings.

The teacher of my small business certificate has her own business with her husband and it is as a wedding event planners They have decided to target the lbqt community. What they do is online and get people to elope to my country and organise the wedding and honeymoon. Why lbqt, its because they are the market that can afford to do so. They can do this as its now legal.

My teacher is not gay, but she is white and she married to a black american. As far as I know, they dont have children, so maybe that could be classifed as 'queer' although Im not sure what queer really means.

Anyway, I dont mean to change the topic of OP, as it was his issue and he attended and still dealing with his family etc or praying about it, but was thinking I am on this certificate until November, I see my teacher every week, do I say anything?

Recall...she and her hsuband can do this business here cos its legal. Shes not forcing anyone to be gay. These people decide they want to pay for a wedding. They will organise it all for them, airfares, venues, flowers, catering, whatever. They probably do have some straight customers but they arent averse to anyone else, but I do know she said she doesnt organise church weddings. She treates it as a business.

It is a niche market and it is what is called high end.

The business certificate isnt about gay weddings although she uses her own as an examples to teach us. Everyone has their own business ideas, and success to a few doesnt just mean monetary profits. She and her husband are planning another business venture related to their gay wedding enterprise.

She says some people are willing to pay crazy amounts for weddings....and she liked to make people happy. Sometimes we students say what about divorce but no its in her best interests these couples stay married, but you could be cynical and say remarriage is more profitable.

If she will not do church weddings then something is worng . They have choise to go agisnt God's word . First of all what will make since of all of this is are they Chrisitains . You never said if they are or not . If not then there lay's the problem . If they are Christians then they really need to go to God's word and revisist what they are going wrong . I have had my own bussnisses in the past and I always did it for the the glory of God . I was honest , did not cheat anyone and never lied on my taxes or did anything that would go against God's word . You really need to look for a new teacher and get away from all of the lies and sin she is spreading . Don't mean to hurt your feelings just being honest .

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If she will not do church weddings then something is worng . They have choise to go agisnt God's word . First of all what will make since of all of this is are they Chrisitains . You never said if they are or not . If not then there lay's the problem . If they are Christians then they really need to go to God's word and revisist what they are going wrong . I have had my own bussnisses in the past and I always did it for the the glory of God . I was honest , did not cheat anyone and never lied on my taxes or did anything that would go against God's word . You really need to look for a new teacher and get away from all of the lies and sin she is spreading . Don't mean to hurt your feelings just being honest .
Shes not a christian and dont think she ever was, well I dont know, so it not really any of my business its her personal business after all. Its all legal, but dont know why you think my feelings are hurt its nothign to do with my feelings, I dont get to choose the teachers on this course.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Also, the business course is nzqa approved and as far as I can tell its teaching everyone to be honest and ethical and in their business, transparent too. Why people think business people have no ethics thats only some people. And why do people think all those in business would cheat on taxes, is that a common thing to do? Besides Jesus said we had to make friends with those who were unrighteous mammon so they will let us in their lasting habitations. So far God hasnt told me to shun anyone in the business world. See Luke 16:9

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The reason why she wont do church weddings is thats not her market plus people who want to marry in Church probably could not afford the type of weddings they plan and arent eloping to another country. She might refer them to others, but thats just her business. The type of weddings they do are like if someone wants to get married on a mountain or something. Or at the skytower. And they want to pay heaps to make it happen.

If you want to find out more can ask but there is a website you could just look it up. Google weddingmoon vacations.
I dont know if she set out to target the lbqt market or just found out that those people were the types that had enough money to afford these weddings. I could ask if you like. Business people just see an opportunity and then create a business and somehow that market finds them. I think maybe she wanted to just do weddings in general coupled with honeymoons. Its more of a tourism thing than any agenda. Its like hotels will open to most anyone that pays, they dont say oh no you cant stay here cos your gay or unmarried. Most dont care if you having an affair as long as you pay the bills.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Looking at the website i dont know how those weddings can be valid if they happen in a foreign country, the gay couples might go back to their own country, say they are married but who would believe them?

I knew someone who eloped to nz, from america had two girls with an american man old enough to be her father...and they both live here but the marriage only lasted five years. It was kinda weird, they are divorced now cos obviously it could not work. When asked why she did it she said something like it was a good idea at the time. I wanted to give him children. It was an adventure.

Nz is full of couples who ran away here to get married and stayed, got divorced and marooned. She kept complaining about life here but I said well sorry but you made your choice! Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Its the offspring everyone ought to pray for. We as children cant be held responsible for our parents foolish choices. Even if we got four mums or six stepdads and they have drug problems and narcisistic personalities.

Margo74

Jul 11, 2019
Our nephew, who is one of the most respectful and responsible people I know, is marrying his boyfriend.

Do we go out of respect for him, or stay away because of the gay issue?
Very difficult dilemna. BUT the bottom line is that as important as Ricky is in your life, is he more important than God? Should you do Ricky's will or God's Will? First of all, is Ricky Christian? If so, he knows what God says and he needs to choose to follow God's Will or go his own way. If Ricky chooses to go against God's Will, will you be helping by being complicit in such? God created man and woman and told them to go forth and multiply. Not all men or women are able to reproduce but God did not ever say for a man to reproduce with a man or a woman with a woman and such couples can't possibly reproduce. God, also, said that a man and woman would both leave their families and homes and the two would become one. He never said such for two men or two women. As for sexual relationships, such are condoned in marriage by a man and woman (some things they may do may not be approved by God but regular sex would be approved), The only way a man and man can have sex in their marriage is by sodomy and such is an abomination to God. He said so and never recanted. So, as difficult as it would be and considering all the static you will receive from many, not all, others, if you are going to be with God, you must explain lovingly to your nephew why you can not join in his celebration and why you can not even wish him well in it. If he understands and accepts, great. If not, too bad and too sad but you will have done God's Will. As for what others may say, only what God says really matters now and forever. Before talking with your nephew, pray to God for the strength and courage to do so as well as you can. God bless you in this endeavour as it won't be easy but must be so.

Margo74

Jul 11, 2019
One more thing, God alone can read hearts and He alone can judge sinners. We are to judge the brethren but only in pointing out sinful words/actions as they will be accountable to God for such. We are not to judge where their eternity will be spent as only God can do that. Thus, what Ricky is about to do is between him and God but you are right to point out to him what God's Holy Spirit inspired Word and Truth says. How you deal with the issue will, also, be between you and God as far as judgement of your choices is concerned.

Margo74

Jul 11, 2019
As mean as this will sound, its as TRUTHFUL as it comes....[2Co 6:14 NKJV] 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
Perhaps, too, the command to shake the dust off one's sandals and walk away applies, too. I would mean this to be that if Ricky is choosing to live a life that is contrary to God's Will, that is his choice, but those who choose to do God's Will must continue to love Ricky and pray for him but not participate in any way in what he does in going against God's Will. Be there for him if and when he repents and chooses to return to God and His Will. We cannot be there for both Satan who sinners serve temporarily or permanently and God who repentant sinners serve.