Gays Want Wedding Cake

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AgeofKnowledge

We certainly are all human. I dropped the ball on a tech issue myself recently and had to go back and fix it for free. There's nothing but RESPECT to those who hang in there and make sure the job is done right! :)

Good stuff. We're showing our appreciation to you Oncefallen. Thank you for caring that much. Peace.

For the record, the infraction issued to TheAristocat that has been made public in this thread has been reversed by the issuing moderator since the post was misread/misunderstood. In the future please appeal infractions directly to site staff rather than make a public issue about them. We are all human and make our mistakes and routinely reverse bans/infraction points when mistakes are made, but making them a public issue does not make our jobs any easier.

J

jkalyna

Got caught up in some poisonous stuff, and penetrated my spirit, and was just like the stuff said here, love overlooks stuff, saying sorry, and asking prayers, going through verbal attacks, bullying, but today I felt the power of the Holy Spirit intervening in this situation sorry guys, couldn't sleep because of being attacked verbally that caused emotional trauma to me, by unbelievers in Christ. Thank you for understanding, "pray for one another. "
:)

The polie police keep saying file complaints,
The bible says
Vengeance belongs to me says the Lord
and
Leave room for the Lord to move into battle
and handle it.
Thanks again.
:)

J

jkalyna

The mods should reverse the +1 infraction immediately.

TheAristocat said:

"Uh oh. Careful there. You're going to have the same people who fabricated claims and forced them into your mouth telling you that burning people is no laughing matter and that you're a nazi. And we can't have that. Their opinion of our moral character too dear to us."

He NEVER called Mark a Nazi! He merely made a point that if you disagree with homosexuals about homosexual marriage that THEY will call you a Nazi. And you know what, he's right.

Mark obviously understood this was stating that he would not like it if homosexuals attempted to paint him in that light because he's from Germany when he stated:

"Cake is cake... *shrugs*

Calling me a "nazi" just because I'm from Germany is racist btw, I don't take kindly to that."

jkalyna, maybe English isn't your first language or something but for whatever reason you completely misunderstood the exchange and reported TheAristocat for something that he did not do (e.g. he did NOT call Mark a Nazi).

And the mod who assigned the infraction point did a poor job of reading the exchange for they missed what actually transpired and mistakenly gave out an infraction point.

Reverse the infraction point. It was given in error.
Didn't know this was a guys thread, kool, bugging out now, stay tight guys, luv one another oh in Christ of course. SORRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY Explained what happened, evil attacked me and just thought it would side swipe me, and try to use me to cause divisions, very crafty he is, but not Loving, that's why "greater is he that is in me, Jesus than he that is in the world. HUgs all. :)

J

jkalyna

not reading your emails you could make a public apology here. dont' p.m. me never again.
was jk with that, never would want to offend anyone intentionally. BE Blessed. :)

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Why would anyone want to get married? I figured the gays would have better sense.

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
If these gays want a wedding cake then better make their own or better find any bakery whose owner is their own kind.

These people must not force any bakery to make cakes for them.

If a bakery is a conservative then they must find a bakery who is liberal or the better, the owner is one of their own.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
SCOTUS Rules 7-2 in Favor of Christian Baker, Marking a Win for Religious Liberty

CS1

May 23, 2012
it is interesting how only a few of godly people are standing up to this attack. Where is the Church at? A wise minster said one time in context to California laws concerning the bible . “ If pastors are not willing to defend the word of God & the bible when it is unpopular, will they do it when it is illegal? “. He who has an ear Let him hear what the Spirit is saying. If you deny me before men , I will deny you before my Father which is in Heaven. “ Jesus also said “ depart from me, I never knew you”.

If we all stood with this baker they would not have done to them what they did. At any rate God did not abandon them, even though brother & sisters did.

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
SCOTUS Rules 7-2 in Favor of Christian Baker, Marking a Win for Religious Liberty
Based on a false plaintiff at the detriment of religious liberty actually. Wait and see the fall out that comes with this really bad decision that unbeknownst to this baker is not to be an exclusive right for Christians only.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Based on a false plaintiff at the detriment of religious liberty actually. Wait and see the fall out that comes with this really bad decision that unbeknownst to this baker is not to be an exclusive right for Christians only.
what do you mean >?

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
what do you mean >?
This decision allows anyone in a public accommodation business to discriminate based on identity politics against the public. And simply by invoking religious or spiritual convictions.
Imagine the future when there is much hostility demonstrated against Christians already in America.

I believe Phillips is not a Christian. I've spoken with him well prior to the SCOTUS case. Phillips is a bigot. He's using the faith as a cause to insulate his prejudice.
Reason being, Phillips served without issue this gay couple in question for quite some time and prior to the wedding cake request. The couple had been married already in Massachusetts and well before that SCOTUS marriage decision. They wanted a wedding cake so as to celebrate in their home state of Colorado and with family and friends.
Phillips claimed he refused because he could not use his artistry to create a wedding cake for what God calls abomination.
However, and this is key to understanding his prejudice and slander when claiming Christ as cause. Phillips unreservedly served this gay couple whom he knew were sinning as a sexually active gay couple living together. Those sins, the first being abomination to God, did not influence Phillips accommodating the couple as patrons to his Masterpiece bakery.

However, when they asked for a wedding cake that's when he invoked his faith and refused. But that isn't actually honest. Because in lieu of baking the couple a custom designed wedding cake, Phillips gave at no charge a rainbow frosted cake he'd made and displayed in his public display case.
He still used his artistry to design that cake and knowingly gave it as a gift to a gay couple whom he knew were going to use it as a wedding cake.

What many don't recall or maybe even know is, Phillips refused to bake a birthday cake with rainbow designs on it when a mother told him it was for a little girls birthday.

Mom says Masterpiece Cakeshop refused to put rainbows on daughter's birthday cake

A little girl who loves rainbows and is having a birthday, isn't a homosexual sinner entering into an abomination.

CS1

May 23, 2012
This decision allows anyone in a public accommodation business to discriminate based on identity politics against the public. And simply by invoking religious or spiritual convictions.
Imagine the future when there is much hostility demonstrated against Christians already in America.

I believe Phillips is not a Christian. I've spoken with him well prior to the SCOTUS case. Phillips is a bigot. He's using the faith as a cause to insulate his prejudice.
Reason being, Phillips served without issue this gay couple in question for quite some time and prior to the wedding cake request. The couple had been married already in Massachusetts and well before that SCOTUS marriage decision. They wanted a wedding cake so as to celebrate in their home state of Colorado and with family and friends.
Phillips claimed he refused because he could not use his artistry to create a wedding cake for what God calls abomination.
However, and this is key to understanding his prejudice and slander when claiming Christ as cause. Phillips unreservedly served this gay couple whom he knew were sinning as a sexually active gay couple living together. Those sins, the first being abomination to God, did not influence Phillips accommodating the couple as patrons to his Masterpiece bakery.

However, when they asked for a wedding cake that's when he invoked his faith and refused. But that isn't actually honest. Because in lieu of baking the couple a custom designed wedding cake, Phillips gave at no charge a rainbow frosted cake he'd made and displayed in his public display case.
He still used his artistry to design that cake and knowingly gave it as a gift to a gay couple whom he knew were going to use it as a wedding cake.

What many don't recall or maybe even know is, Phillips refused to bake a birthday cake with rainbow designs on it when a mother told him it was for a little girls birthday.

Mom says Masterpiece Cakeshop refused to put rainbows on daughter's birthday cake

A little girl who loves rainbows and is having a birthday, isn't a homosexual sinner entering into an abomination.
no it does not a sexual preference cannot be discriminated . I guess you would support the KKK demanding African American to make a cake for the 200 year milestone celebration. This baker in America has the right to say no. you don't like it go to another baker just that simple.

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
no it does not a sexual preference cannot be discriminated . I guess you would support the KKK demanding African American to make a cake for the 200 year milestone celebration. This baker in America has the right to say no. you don't like it go to another baker just that simple.
Well, that remark makes no sense whatsoever and speaks not a word to my posting.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Well, that remark makes no sense whatsoever and speaks not a word to my posting.
actually it does :). you said and I will post it for you,

"I believe Phillips is not a Christian. I've spoken with him well prior to the SCOTUS case. Phillips is a bigot. He's using the faith as a cause to insulate his prejudice. "

to which I said:

"no it does not a sexual preference cannot be discriminated . I guess you would support the KKK demanding African American to make a cake for the 200 year milestone celebration. This baker in America has the right to say no. you don't like it go to another baker just that simple. "
you clearly are supportive of twisted sexual preferences, and you cannot discriminate a sexual preference. This is the deceptiveness of those who are bound by this self-abusive practice . Which many people like you would appease because you think it is in some way showing the love of God. Wrong. Jesus came to set them free not to continue to live bound

Samie28

Jun 13, 2018
b
You cannot compare the two groups.
Being "black" is not a sin, and you can't choose NOT to be black.
It's offensive to african americans to compare THEIR struggle
to the fuss the gays are making these days, and maybe even racist.
You cannot compare the two groups.
Being "black" is not a sin, and you can't choose NOT to be black.
It's offensive to african americans to compare THEIR struggle
to the fuss the gays are making these days, and maybe even racist.
I think they meant KKK is a sin and how insulting it would be if you baked them a cake but I do agree that it's no comparison to
he struggles with that disgusting racist group. I see what point the pic was trying to make though.

CS1

May 23, 2012
b

I think they meant KKK is a sin and how insulting it would be if you baked them a cake but I do agree that it's no comparison to
he struggles with that disgusting racist group. I see what point the pic was trying to make though.
today samie ,

the homosexuals have hijacked the civil rights movement of what Black Americans fought for and perverted it to cover sexual preferences. the sad thing is Black leaders let them do it .

prove-all

May 16, 2014
June 12, 2018 Religious liberty in the Phoenix desert
https://spectator.org/religious-liberty-in-the-phoenix-desert/

Mere days after the Supreme Court’s decision in Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, religious liberty is back in the courts, though not in the mainstream media. Conservatives should take notice.

In the wake of Masterpiece, conservative pundits have debated the implications the case may have for religious liberty and free exercise, ranging from the optimistic outlook of National Review’s David French to the more skeptical view offered by The American Spectator’s own Melissa MacKenzie to an opinion from Mark Hemingway of The Weekly Standard that falls somewhere in between. The jury, as it were, is still out.

But in a Thursday decision from the Arizona Court of Appeals, Masterpiece received one of its first citations. And the outcome is not a positive one for conservatives.

In Brush & Nib v. City of Phoenix, appellants Joanna Duka and Breanna Koski contested a city ordinance that threatened to pit the future of their small business against their religious convictions. Duka and Koski own Brush & Nib, a small business that, according to their website, “specialize in hand-painted + hand-lettered stationery for weddings and all of life’s important moments.” Under the Phoenix City Code, the pair could be fined or jailed for refusing to create artwork for same sex marriage ceremonies:

No person shall, directly or indirectly, refuse, withhold from, or deny to any person, or aid in or incite such refusal, denial or withholding of, accommodations, advantages, facilities or privileges thereof because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression

In a unanimous decision, the court upheld the law