Ok. So do you see it differently and why?Your comments betray an a priori belief in a certain interpretation of these passages.
Ok. So do you see it differently and why?Your comments betray an a priori belief in a certain interpretation of these passages.
See my previous posts in this thread, numbered...Ok. So do you see it differently and why?
Appreciate your response but I'll pass on the homework.See my previous posts in this thread, numbered...
8, 22, 38, 43, 44, and 50.
Homework? It will take you all of two minutes to read those posts.Appreciate your response but I'll pass on the homework.
And I don't disagree in the least.In short, the latter part of Genesis 3 lists consequences for sin, not commands for males and females.
So why did you previously state, "This is saying women will actually desire to be in the place of authority of the man."And I don't disagree in the least.
The creation order was in effect since creation whether it was understood or not.So why did you previously state, "This is saying women will actually desire to be in the place of authority of the man."
You are suggesting that there is a "place of authority of the man" that women could desire to occupy.
Are you suggesting that Adam's prior creation grants him some kind of inherent authority over Eve, which continues today such that ALL males have authority over ALL females (or, in a more limited sense, husbands over wives)?The creation order was in effect since creation whether it was understood or not.
No. We're talking about husbands and wives. Her desire is to her husband.Are you suggesting that Adam's prior creation grants him some kind of inherent authority over Eve, which continues today such that ALL males have authority over ALL females (or, in a more limited sense, husbands over wives)?
Thanks; I appreciate the clarification.No. We're talking about husbands and wives. Her desire is to her husband.
I do not believe men have authority over every woman and never made that suggestion.
...until one knows better.Before I believed in Jesus, I read a lot of religious books. It's no big deal.
Always welcome. I've read alot of your posts and there is a very high degree of agreement and I've learned a number of things from you. For example, I now know what a priori means.Thanks; I appreciate the clarification.
I was in a used book store today in the Islam section. it was larger than I expected. I bought a Quran Interpreted by Usuf Ali. It is doubtful that I will be a Muslim but I want to know more. I will seek out an Islamic Forum.