Genesis 6:1-2 Revisited. Unredeemable

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
There were giants and giant grapes too but they were not offspring from fallen angels ..

Joshua and Caleb said ''They ain't that dang big ,they're just the right ''butt kicking'' size'' .. King David said ''Who does that ''big lard butt'' think he is, somebody hold my bubble gum for a minute'' .. Samson said ''They ain't enough of you; you're gonna need some bigger boats''

''And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD''…

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
True, but in this case the assumption is that angels breeded with women. Perhaps that is why the Bible calls them 'men', because there was no crossbreeding.
The Bibles call the results of the crossbreeding Giants..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Are/were there nephilim before and after the flood and didn't God forbid taking on idols and mixing with those who worshipped idols ? What happened to Noahs own brothers and sisters

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Are/were there nephilim before and after the flood and didn't God forbid taking on idols and mixing with those who worshipped idols ? What happened to Noahs own brothers and sisters
Noah's brothers and sisters died in the flood..

Yes there where Giants in Noah's times and Later in Canaan when the Hebrews went to the promised land after being liberated from Egypt..

Not sure what Idols have to do with this topic.. Giants, nephilim or sons of Anak are not idols.. But yes we are not to worship idols.. But we can and we should love and witness to idol worshipers the Word of God..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Noah's brothers and sisters died in the flood..

Yes there where Giants in Noah's times and Later in Canaan when the Hebrews went to the promised land after being liberated from Egypt..

Not sure what Idols have to do with this topic.. Giants, nephilim or sons of Anak are not idols.. But yes we are not to worship idols.. But we can and we should love and witness to idol worshipers the Word of God..
I'm saying the nephilim were mighty men of renown who were the offspring of the sons of God , Seth line and marrying daughters od Cains line who worshipped idols . post 81 indicates gods (idols) that your fathers on the other side of the flood ..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I'm saying the nephilim were mighty men of renown who were the offspring of the sons of God , Seth line and marrying daughters od Cains line who worshipped idols . post 81 indicates gods (idols) that your fathers on the other side of the flood ..
I do not agree with the belief that Seth was a Giant..

Genesis 4: KJV
25 "¶ And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew."

The Belief that Seth was a son of the sons of God is a tradition of men that someone thought up and others have been running with it for centuries...

Human beings worshiping Idols is not any indicator that they are descendants of the fallen Angels and woman.. Normal run of the mill human beings are quite capable of worshiping Idols without any need for fallen angel ancestors..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I do not agree with the belief that Seth was a Giant..

Genesis 4: KJV
25 "¶ And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew."

The Belief that Seth was a son of the sons of God is a tradition of men that someone thought up and others have been running with it for centuries...

Human beings worshiping Idols is not any indicator that they are descendants of the fallen Angels and woman.. Normal run of the mill human beings are quite capable of worshiping Idols without any need for fallen angel ancestors..
There was no offspring of fallen angels from human women .. Actually divine messenger which is what Seth and Enos were first called was changed to angeloi to accommodate the angel theory later on from what I've seen .. I don't know how big Seth was do you ? I always assumed he was about my size by the time he was 3-400 lol .. Now do you believe these fallen angels were good fathers to those nephilim or good husbands to their wives ? Perhaps they were just misunderstood lol .. Why would a fallen angel think a woman was pretty ? And the sin of sodomy is abomination if they wanted to grieve God worse .. Where did those fallen angel get the desire for sex when they can possess and control people ? And why if they would never die a need to ? There are giants and records of giants in the US .. But not anything close to 450' tall like the book of Enoch says they all were ..
Joshua asked
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
There was no offspring of fallen angels from human women .. Actually divine messenger which is what Seth and Enos were first called was changed to angeloi to accommodate the angel theory later on from what I've seen .. I don't know how big Seth was do you ? I always assumed he was about my size by the time he was 3-400 lol .. Now do you believe these fallen angels were good fathers to those nephilim or good husbands to their wives ? Perhaps they were just misunderstood lol .. Why would a fallen angel think a woman was pretty ? And the sin of sodomy is abomination if they wanted to grieve God worse .. Where did those fallen angel get the desire for sex when they can possess and control people ? And why if they would never die a need to ? There are giants and records of giants in the US .. But not anything close to 450' tall like the book of Enoch says they all were ..
Joshua asked
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
I can only believe what the Bible said.. And since the Bible declares that the sons of God desired the woman of men and picked wives for themselves and had Children with them then so be it.. I do not have to know why they desired them or any of the other questions you have.. They are irrelevant.. What God says happened in the book of Genesis happened..

And i find no book of Enoch in the Bible so i do not even need to consider what that book says about anything..

jb

Feb 27, 2010
For those interested I did a bit of a blog on the Nephilim/Rephaim, you can find it Here

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I can only believe what the Bible said.. And since the Bible declares that the sons of God desired the woman of men and picked wives for themselves and had Children with them then so be it.. I do not have to know why they desired them or any of the other questions you have.. They are irrelevant.. What God says happened in the book of Genesis happened..

And i find no book of Enoch in the Bible so i do not even need to consider what that book says about anything..
I don't believe the Book of Enoch either but that's where that Jewish fable come from .. The sons of God can't be men ? I don't buy that .. Of course the nephilim are men .. If fallen angels could mate with women you'd have some of the satanic women today begging ..

Dec 12, 2013
Fallen angels seem to wreak havoc in Revelation, besides what has this to do with hybrids?

The point is angels don't have flesh, so speaking of 'another' flesh is nonsensical. Besides, Jude is not referring to angels when he mentions strange flesh.
As I said, I will be bowing out of my own thread as it has become rather strange in and of itself.
Ummmmm the comparison is indeed clear....the men of SODOM WENT after STRANGE FLESH (ANGELS) OF a different KIND.....ANGELS indees DO HAVE flesh when they WALK on earth and that is the comparison.....I have noticed that you really seem to stand against some truths after SAYING you are willing to listen and be open.....gramatically I am correct with the above and what I have said in this thread.....and i say these things with no animosity toward you at all migo....anyway....what ever

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I don't believe the Book of Enoch either but that's where that Jewish fable come from .. The sons of God can't be men ? I don't buy that .. Of course the nephilim are men .. If fallen angels could mate with women you'd have some of the satanic women today begging ..
Well the Book of Job identifies the sons of God to be Angels and that satan was one of them..

Job 1: KJV
6 "¶ Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. {7} And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."

So at the time of Job, satan still had access to heaven and could visit earth and return to heaven as he pleased and so to other Angels.. So since Job was around after the flood then it is reasonable to believe some of these angels also desired woman of men and that's where the giants in Canaan during the time of Exodus came from.. But these giants cannot be called pure humans .. They are hybrids and it is no coincidence that the Hebrews where ordered to attack Canaan and wipe these people out.. Just as the flood came in the days of Noah and wiped them out the first time..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Well the Book of Job identifies the sons of God to be Angels and that satan was one of them..

Job 1: KJV
6 "¶ Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. {7} And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."

So at the time of Job, satan still had access to heaven and could visit earth and return to heaven as he pleased and so to other Angels.. So since Job was around after the flood then it is reasonable to believe some of these angels also desired woman of men and that's where the giants in Canaan during the time of Exodus came from.. But these giants cannot be called pure humans .. They are hybrids and it is no coincidence that the Hebrews where ordered to attack Canaan and wipe these people out.. Just as the flood came in the days of Noah and wiped them out the first time..
Where are these offspring of fallen angels today or since the flood .. There are giants and there are mighty men of renown since .. And why would God be mad at man if the fallen angels were at fault except by taking on idols against God
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Genesis 6:4 KJVS
[4] There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Mar 28, 2016
The word renown as to how it is used has seemed to lost its meaning. Many new have been added.

The word renown represents giants of faith as the sons of God messengers or angels sent with the word of God prophecy, prophets sent called apostles .

No max height requirement for the renown.

The context is do not be unevenly yoked with unbelievers as daughters of men .

The word renown is used 11 times in the Bible and not once to represent unbelief. As "daughters of men" is. Always used in a positive sense, separate from the heathen or gentile..

Numbers 16:2 And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown:

Isaiah 14:20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord God

Just as the phrase; sons of God as new creatures represent man and woman (mankind) . In the same way daughters of men represent all of un-redeemed mankind.

Things of mankind must be compared to thing of mankind . like daughters of men. to daughters of men .Daughters of Job an exception set aside to aid in understanding..

It would seem it is when we do not mix faith in what we see or hear it is easy to turn things upside down .

The eternal things of God, sons of God and the temporal things of men, daughters of men must be rightly divided.

We can see the Lord rebuked Satan and forgave Peter of his blasphemy against the Son of man, Jesus. Because Peter did not rightly divide or called mix faith . Today it would not be forgivable against the Holy Spirit not seen.

Things of God not seen the eternal . . . . . things of men seen the temporal

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter,
Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.Mathew 16:22-23

Job 42 seems to speak of daughters like no others of men as the daughters of Job. This time not daughters of men but again daughters of Job to represent mankind as a whole. They as fair as a picture of grace were given a inheritance among their brethren.As sons of God.. the bride of Christ .Christians

Job 42:15 And in all the land were no women found "so fair" as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.

Sons of God/ Daughters of Job. six of one a half dozen of the other.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
The word renown as to how it is used has seemed to lost its meaning. Many new have been added.

The word renown represents giants of faith as the sons of God messengers or angels sent with the word of God prophecy, prophets sent called apostles .

No max height requirement for the renown.

The context is do not be unevenly yoked with unbelievers as daughters of men .

The word renown is used 11 times in the Bible and not once to represent unbelief. As "daughters of men" is. Always used in a positive sense, separate from the heathen or gentile..

Numbers 16:2 And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown:

Isaiah 14:20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord God

Just as the phrase; sons of God as new creatures represent man and woman (mankind) . In the same way daughters of men represent all of un-redeemed mankind.

Things of mankind must be compared to thing of mankind . like daughters of men. to daughters of men .Daughters of Job an exception set aside to aid in understanding..

It would seem it is when we do not mix faith in what we see or hear it is easy to turn things upside down .

The eternal things of God, sons of God and the temporal things of men, daughters of men must be rightly divided.

We can see the Lord rebuked Satan and forgave Peter of his blasphemy against the Son of man, Jesus. Because Peter did not rightly divide or called mix faith . Today it would not be forgivable against the Holy Spirit not seen.

Things of God not seen the eternal . . . . . things of men seen the temporal

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter,
Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.Mathew 16:22-23

Job 42 seems to speak of daughters like no others of men as the daughters of Job. This time not daughters of men but again daughters of Job to represent mankind as a whole. They as fair as a picture of grace were given a inheritance among their brethren.As sons of God.. the bride of Christ .Christians

Job 42:15 And in all the land were no women found "so fair" as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.

Sons of God/ Daughters of Job. six of one a half dozen of the other.
Renown just means legendary or famous, it could apply to either good or bad I always thought . King David had some mighty men that were pretty fierce but they were good .. Angels are different created kinds from man , '' mating and kinds after their kinds'' is law from creation ....

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
There is so much about this that is not written. So then we run with speculation. There are parts of the word that seem to talk about something being here before the fall. I truly don't know. The "great men of old" were never to be born. How much of the world was giants before Noah .. could have been thousands or billions. I always wondered if they are not the demons. Well they are as I understand fallen angels. Fallen angels have a body.. not need to ever take or possess one. Where as demons always looking for one.

They (demons) and the fallen angels also know what was coming for them "have you come to torment us before out time". They knew the judgement that is coming. No salvation. I truly don't know. I do know my Father is just fair like no other.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
As far as i know the giants in the times of Noah where all killed by the flood and the giants in the time of the Exodus where all killed by the Jews.. David famously killing on called Goliath.. So there are no descendants of the giants left in this world.. I hope..

The dealings between God and man are separate from his dealing with the fallen angels and their hybrid giant offspring.. God does not have a problem with mankind because of the past history with fallen angels God has problems with humans because of our own transgressions and our knowledge of good and evil.. Remember Adam and Eve took the knowledge of good and evil before any angels came down and interacted with woman..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
As far as i know the giants in the times of Noah where all killed by the flood and the giants in the time of the Exodus where all killed by the Jews.. David famously killing on called Goliath.. So there are no descendants of the giants left in this world.. I hope..

The dealings between God and man are separate from his dealing with the fallen angels and their hybrid giant offspring.. God does not have a problem with mankind because of the past history with fallen angels God has problems with humans because of our own transgressions and our knowledge of good and evil.. Remember Adam and Eve took the knowledge of good and evil before any angels came down and interacted with woman..
I mean no disrespect to anyone .. Satan himself sure missed a good opportunity in the garden, right ? The fallen angels left their first estate which was to serve God and be His messengers .. We will be like the angels in heaven neither marrying or given in marriage ..
Why do I think it's important ? Because it gives man an excuse for his sin in part and an occasion to blame God if fallen angels produced human offspring .. Judas was not a son of God or were the Pharisees, Jesus said they were sons of their father the devil ....

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I mean no disrespect to anyone .. Satan himself sure missed a good opportunity in the garden, right ? The fallen angels left their first estate which was to serve God and be His messengers .. We will be like the angels in heaven neither marrying or given in marriage ..
Why do I think it's important ? Because it gives man an excuse for his sin in part and an occasion to blame God if fallen angels produced human offspring .. Judas was not a son of God or were the Pharisees, Jesus said they were sons of their father the devil ....
Spiritually sons of the devil.. Not genetically sons of the devil.. Neither Judas nor Pharaoh where giants..

There is no excuse for loving sin.. No excuse for willfully rebelling against the Will of God..

And what opportunity did satan miss in the garden?

satan did take the opportunity to decieve Eve and sabotarge Gods creation.. Of course doing so only set up an opportunity for God to rescue / Redeem His creation and prove to all the heavenly host once and for all that God was justified in being the one and only God of all existence.. Satan probably thought by sabotarging Gods creation he would undermine Gods authority.. But He only ensured his own destruction.. God had given satan enough rope to hang himself..