GIANTS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2012
Folks I realize that this is not a critical issue, however I hear so much about the giants in the bible being the offspring of angels and humans...THE BIBLE DOES NOT SAY THAT. There were two declarations made, one was that there were giants in the earth in those days...STOP... the other was that when the sons of God(angels) took the daughters of men that they bore men of great ability. Two things that it is describing, one is giants, who were before and after the flood, the other is a hybrid between an angel and a human that only appeared before the flood. Think please, for a five foot six inch ,130 pound woman, to produce a ten foot eight hundred pound man, that would mean that her husband had to be fifteen feet tall and weigh fourteen hundred pounds. It would be like trying to cross a male mastiff with a female wiener dog. First the sex act is not gonna happen and even if it did the wiener dog would die way before birth time...same with a human woman trying to have a sixty pound baby...not going to happen. The offspring of women and angels were normal in height and weight but built with incredible strength and speed and toughness. The giants are kind of a mystery since they were before and after the flood and I have never been able to trace their ancestors with any success.
I believe the sons of God were the Israelites bloodline and that is why sons of God were ever really referred to as otherwise it would be moot to cite them as angels if it also included angels. The Hebrews word ben which is translated as the English word for son, means builder of the family name. So sons of God is referring to a godly lineage of Seth.

Luke 3:38Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Consider that for these sons of God to take wives for themselves among the daughters of men for these women to be called wives in God's words, then God would have to join them together... and so the sons of God has to be men.

Matthew 19:
[SUP]4 [/SUP]And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,[SUP]5 [/SUP]And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?[SUP]6 [/SUP]Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

That is what marriage is to God for God to join a woman to a man for that women to be called a wife to that man in His words.

Then we have Jesus reproving the idea that God would marry angels to women, because angels do not marry.

Matthew 22:[SUP]29 [/SUP]Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.[SUP]30 [/SUP]For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

If we look at how christians join the now God's chosen family tree....as opposed to the bloodline of old...

John 1:[SUP]12[/SUP]But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:[SUP]13[/SUP]Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I know believers refer to Job as proof of sons of God being angels, but is it not a coincidence that Job was mentioned both times the son of God presented themselves to the Lord? Why do they read it as if Job was not among these sons of God? If he was not among the sons of God when presenting themselves to the Lord, how insulting would that be if God ignored their presentation as if they had paled in comparison to a human by the name of Job? So they need to stop reading those verses as if sons of God meant angels because it can never be angels.

And to insinuate that God would join an angel ( why would a fallen angel be called a son of God still? ) with a woman in "unholy matrimony" would make God an accessory to that sin of them falling from their first estate, thus God would have sinned if He had done that, which He did not.

Just like God is not joining men to men or women to women in holy matrimony either. No, He is not.

Angels were not created to reproduce after their own kind. That is why they are not given in marriage.

The firstfruits of the resurrection; aka the elect, are not going to marry either in Heaven or stayed married when raptured. Only Christ's love will reign in the elect; no romantic love that is associated with the world will exists for it pales in comparison to what Christ's love is.

1 Corinthians 7:[SUP]29 [/SUP]But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;[SUP]30 [/SUP]And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;[SUP]31 [/SUP]And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

Now I know they that disagree would like to bring up Job 38:6-7 below...

Job 38:1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,[SUP]2 [/SUP]Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?[SUP]3 [/SUP]Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.[SUP]4 [/SUP]Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.[SUP]5 [/SUP]Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?:[SUP]6 [/SUP]Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;[SUP]7 [/SUP]When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?.....[SUP]21 [/SUP]Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?[SUP]22 [/SUP]Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,[SUP]23 [/SUP]Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?...........[SUP]41 [/SUP]Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.

Since scripture cannot go against scripture, then they are reading that point of reference wrong. Do we not sing about the wonders of God's creation? One hymn comes to mind "How Great Thou Art". I believe God was pointing out to Job how he, with the sons of God, had sung about His creation and His commands & providence in nature as found in the scripture that he should know better even though he was not there at the time He spoke it into being or doing it now in relations to his present day suffering. God's answer to Job was due to his verbal response prior to this chapter.

Job 37:[SUP]23 [/SUP]Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict.[SUP]24 [/SUP]Men do therefore fear him: he respecteth not any that are wise of heart.

Job was under the impression that God does not afflict the righteous, and so being beyond his understanding to fathom why he was being afflicted other than he must somehow deserved it, regardless of those even wise in heart.

So it wasn't about Job not being there at creation, but answering Job's negative response due to his suffering, because it was about him not seeing God's hand even in the present since Job was suffering, and yet God had driven that point home about the sons of God shouted with joy when celebrating and singing about God's hands in creation, and then to Job's present on how the world is by God's command in nature & His Providence. How could the sons of God, even Job, had sung of such things unless they had knowledge? Job was to know that God is still in control even when someone is suffering, and just because someone is suffering, it does not mean God does not love him, but that He is with Him always to provide help to get him through it.
There is no other way to explain it since the sons of God cannot be angels, not even in John 38:7 for why refer to another witness, let alone, a group of witnesses like the sons of God, unless Job could confirm with them in reminding him since he was among them that he should know better since they have sung of His acts in creation and other things too?

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Genesis 6:2 says that the “sons of God” took wives. Since they married women,
they could not be angels. Notice verse three: “The Lord said, My spirit shall not
always strive with man.” Here, again, the sons of God are called man.

Because these sons of God sinned, God continues in verse 7, “I will destroy man
whom I have created from the face of the earth .…”

So far, not one word about angels! angels are spirits and could not be destroyed by water.

With the flood, “all flesh died … and every man. … Noah only remained alive, and they
that were with him in the ark” (Genesis 7:21-23).

-
God also had set the boundary lines for the nations and the races at the very beginning
(Deuteronomy 32:8-9; Acts 17:26).

26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth,
and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

8When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons
of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel

But men had refused to remain in the lands to which God had assigned them.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
men of old, men of renowned.

1This is the book of the generations of Adam.
In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

[#] born - died, name - age

[1st man]. 0 - 930 Adam - 930

Gen. 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son
in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

[2th]. 130-1042 Seth - 912

Gen. 5:6 And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos:

Gen.4:26And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos:
then began men [to call upon] the name of the Lord.

[3th]. 235-1140 Enos - 905

Gen. 5:9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:

[4th]. 325-1235 Cainan - 910

Gen. 5:12 And Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalaleel:

[5th]. 395-1290 Mahalaleel - 895

Gen. 5:15And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:

[6th]. 460-1422 Jared - 962

Gen. 5:18 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:

[7th]. 622 - 987 Enoch - 365 he was [translated]

-Adam was alive when Enoch was , but died before Enoch was translated.

And Enoch also, [the seventh] from Adam,[ prophesied of these],
saying, Behold, [the Lord cometh with] ten thousands of his saints,

- this [the word about the comming kingdom, when Christ returns] ,
could have been preached to all alive, even to Adam on.

Gen. 5:21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

[8th]. 687 - 1656 Methuselah - 969
5:25And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:

[9th]. 874 - 1651 Lamech - 777

-Adam dies at age 930, before Noah was born, oral tradations.
Adam was alive when this decendents where walking the earth,
Seth, Enos, Cainan, Mahalaleel, Jared, [Enoch], Methuselah, Lamech.

[Enoch] also was translated at [987] before Noah was born.

5:28And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
29And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning
our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed.

[10]. 1056 - 2109 Noah - 953 and Noah walked with God

These are the generations of Noah:
Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations,

And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person,
[a preacher of righteousness], bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

-Noah was alive when these forfathers of his where alive -
Lamech, Methuselah , Jared, Mahalaleel, Cainan , Enos,
7 generations where all alive at the same time.

1556 sons Shem, Ham, Japheth

And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

- Methuselah died same year as flood 1656, Lamech 1651 ,

1422 Jared, 1290 Mahalaleel
1656 flood came
1657 dry land found

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2012
they could not be angels. Notice verse three: “The Lord said, My spirit shall not

So far, not one word about angels! angels are spirits and could not be destroyed by water.

With the flood, “all flesh died … and every man. … Noah only remained alive, and they
Also, the reason for the flood was not about protecting the bloodline so that Christ could come as some would say. It was because of men's every thought was wicked is why God flooded the earth. He said it before the flood & afterwards.

Genesis 6:[SUP]5 [/SUP]And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.[SUP]6 [/SUP]And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.[SUP] 7 [/SUP]And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Genesis 8:
[SUP]20 [/SUP]And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.[SUP]21 [/SUP]And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.[SUP]22 [/SUP]While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

So the earth was flooded to destroy man; not hybrids; not X-Mens, not Supermens, but men of renown; mighty men, but still just men.

-
God also had set the boundary lines for the nations and the races at the very beginning

26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth,
and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

8When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons
of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel

I am not sure how you were applying that above, but that did not come in effect until after the flood, but I point out the bold in your quotes that you refer to races as being at the very beginning, but Acts 17:26 testifies that we are all of one race, the human race; we are all related to one another; and with Noah and 7 others as the only survivors of the Flood, then we are all essentially related to one another on this earth and still being of one blood as it was in the beginning.

Genesis 3:20And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Dec 12, 2013

-

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.
Note the exception to your rule....the same HEBREW construct applied in Genesis!

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

P

pronia

Job 38:1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,[SUP]2 [/SUP]Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?[SUP]3 [/SUP]Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.[SUP]4 [/SUP]Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.[SUP]5 [/SUP]Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?:[SUP]6 [/SUP]Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;[SUP]7 [/SUP]When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?.....[SUP]21 [/SUP]Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?[SUP]22 [/SUP]Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,[SUP]23 [/SUP]Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?...........[SUP]41 [/SUP]Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat. - What "God" here is feeding the young "ravens" who are crying for food? Ravens are not "doves". Ravens are a picture of an "hateful bird". Their 'God' feeds them from this earth that the "elohim" have created. The Lord GOD, Adonay Yehovih, is not the same as LORD God, elohim. We are told not to make provision for the flesh. Our flesh is evil and will not stand in the presence of Lord GOD. Job had to learn this lesson. Lord GOD uses LORD God to "buffet" us. Just as Jesus uses Satan to test us to see if we truly are a 'son of Lord GOD'

prove-all

May 16, 2014
“sons of God” The phrase can be used three different ways in the Bible:

1) Men (Genesis 6:1-4; Luke 3:38; Malachi 2:10).
Genesis 6 is referring to men, not angels.

2) Angels (Job 38:5-7; Hebrews 1:5).

3) Spirit-begotten humans (Romans 8:14; 1 John 3:1; 2 Peter 1:4).

A

Ariel82

Angels have never been called the sons of God.

Hebrews 1 v. 5
For to which of the angels did He ever say:
“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”? And again:
“I will be to Him a Father,
And He shall be to Me a Son”?

Yet God called Solomon His son:

I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you.

Dec 12, 2013
Angels have never been called the sons of God.

Hebrews 1 v. 5
For to which of the angels did He ever say:
“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”? And again:
“I will be to Him a Father,
And He shall be to Me a Son”?

Yet God called Solomon His son:

I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you.
Who is he speaking about in Job. When God was creating and casting down the earth in creation?

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Mar 7, 2016
“sons of God” The phrase can be used three different ways in the Bible:

1) Men (Genesis 6:1-4; Luke 3:38; Malachi 2:10).
Genesis 6 is referring to men, not angels.

2) Angels (Job 38:5-7; Hebrews 1:5).

3) Spirit-begotten humans (Romans 8:14; 1 John 3:1; 2 Peter 1:4).
How about the sons of satan then look here..
Genesis 3:15.
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[SUP][a][/SUP] and hers;..

God is saying to satan here Your offspring meaning satans offspring.

P

pronia

Perhaps there is a better understanding of the fallen angels. The archons, including the one called Lucifer are the Creation of the Most High God. They may well be understood as the "offspring of God". But you are correct, I think, that only those who are Elect of God as Solomon was, can rightfully be called a True 'son of God the Most High'

Dec 12, 2013
And I will put enmity

Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

Mar 7, 2016
And I will put enmity

GENESIS 3:15 GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION..

I will make you and the woman hate each other; her offspring and yours will always be enemies. Her offspring will crush your head, and you will bite her offspring's
heel.”
(satans offspring will bite gods childrens heal...

Genesis 25:23-26

[SUP]23 [/SUP]The Lord said to her,

“Two nations are in your womb,
and two peoples from within you will be separated;
one people will be stronger than the other,
and the older will serve the younger.”

[SUP]24 [/SUP]When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. [SUP]25 [/SUP]The first to come out was red, and his whole body was like a hairy garment; so they named him Esau.[SUP][b][/SUP] [SUP]26 [/SUP]After this, his brother came out, with his hand grasping Esau’s heel

I know is far out there but makes you think..

The question remains can the children of satan be set free and is this the reason God is allowing satins off spring to roam free..

A

Ariel82

Who is he speaking about in Job. When God was creating and casting down the earth in creation?

Job might not have been there but Adam was.

The morning stars are angels. The sons of God are men.

A

Ariel82

GENESIS 3:15 GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION..

I will make you and the woman hate each other; her offspring and yours will always be enemies. Her offspring will crush your head, and you will bite her offspring's
heel.”
(satans offspring will bite gods childrens heal...

Genesis 25:23-26

[SUP]23 [/SUP]The Lord said to her,

“Two nations are in your womb,
and two peoples from within you will be separated;
one people will be stronger than the other,
and the older will serve the younger.”

[SUP]24 [/SUP]When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. [SUP]25 [/SUP]The first to come out was red, and his whole body was like a hairy garment; so they named him Esau.[SUP][b][/SUP] [SUP]26 [/SUP]After this, his brother came out, with his hand grasping Esau’s heel

I know is far out there but makes you think..

The question remains can the children of satan be set free and is this the reason God is allowing satins off spring to roam free..
Jacob was God's chosen not Esau..so the parrallel you draw between the verses doesn't work, because you imply that Jacob (who grasp the heel of Esau) is of Satan.

P

pckts

Saw a Christian Think-Tank discussing Giants and couldn't resist. What do we think of this?

[video=youtube;lQPT307Ik1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQPT307Ik1M[/video]

If it's fake I never saw such a high detailed special effect coupled with a seemingly low budget everything else before in anything ever.

Mar 7, 2016
Jacob was God's chosen not Esau..so the parrallel you draw between the verses doesn't work, because you imply that Jacob (who grasp the heel of Esau) is of Satan.
Yes it does imply that and ? Did all of jacobs sons 10 of them love joseph there brother or did they try to kill him.. ???????? is this the seed of God.

Last edited:
A

Ariel82

Genesis 2
This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground.
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being

Dec 12, 2013
Job might not have been there but Adam was.

The morning stars are angels. The sons of God are men.
Adam was created day 6.....well after the foundations of the earth were laid.........doesn't jive!

AND what MEN would that be?

A

Ariel82

Yes it does imply that and ? Did all of jacobs son 10 of them love joseph tere brother or did they try to kill him.. ???????? is this the seed of God.
Jesus descended from the line of Jacob via Judah via his mother Mary.