Gift Ideas

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
32,403
13,024
113
I think this year I'm just going to give everybody a card that says a donation was made to a good charity in their name. (Notice I never said anything about actually making a donation to said charity...) :p

What? Nobody I know needs nothing. (Yes I know that's a double negative. Hush.) Everybody I know done got everything.

What kind of ideas you got for gifts this year?
 
Black Friday is pagan?

https://christianchat.com/miscellaneous/black-friday.52999/

But yes, i send gift cards to limited family members. I ain't got time to do shopping for them for something they won't like.

Ah The Day After Thanksgiving Sales....
which no longer exists because everything is sold online and the 'sale" is the entire week BEFORE Thanksgiving, and by the time Friday rolls around the only things left in stock are things brought out ONLY for that 1 day, and really, do I really need to be buying those things?
:unsure:
That reminds me. The I get myself 'special socks' every year the day after Thanksgiving. Hubby and son have taken a liking to them too. Better make sure to buy several extra packs this year. You know those really warm, thermal socks. At $4.99/ 2 pack!
Oh! And can't forget the AXE gift packs (full size body wash + full size deodorant + travel size fufu spray)! With 2 tween/teen boys, their room (and bodies) get :sick: STAAAANKY! Better get at least 12 packs ( 6 for each boy should last a year, right?)

Well guys! Thanks for the reminder. That day will be here sooner than ya think! Better make sure I stock up on the coffee, and dig out the thermoses!
 
Oh! And can't forget the AXE gift packs (full size body wash + full size deodorant + travel size fufu spray)! With 2 tween/teen boys, their room (and bodies) get :sick: STAAAANKY! Better get at least 12 packs ( 6 for each boy should last a year, right?)


This made me laugh but here's an actual useful app right here which you can use when you purchase food or deodorants for your kids.

https://christianchat.com/natural-health-forum/the-yuka-app-know-whats-in-your-food.216862/

This app tells you if there are harmful chemicals in food or deodorants.
I have been using it for years and it's been a game changer for me. We are already conscious in what we eat or put in the house, but this app took it to another level.

So when i bought two deodorants for my kids, i made sure that there weren't any bad chemicals in there by scanning the barcode.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Godsgirl1983
I think this year I'm just going to give everybody a card that says a donation was made to a good charity in their name. (Notice I never said anything about actually making a donation to said charity...) :p

What? Nobody I know needs nothing. (Yes I know that's a double negative. Hush.) Everybody I know done got everything.

What kind of ideas you got for gifts this year?
food
 
I recently came across some awesome gift ideas while figuring things out for my family. For people who love candles, even melting candle tips can be really handy to ensure they burn perfectly and last longer. Plus, giving something creative like this shows thoughtfulness. I also pair gifts with everyone's favorite snacks or treats to make it extra special. Practical yet fun!
 
Have you ever heard of a bow kiss? Don't do it much, only for those special things with your other.

Now that I learned to play some songs on ukulele, this can be a gift, is play a song.
 
um
if donating to a charity, you can do it anonymously, you can't do it in another persons name. They accept donations from anybody and they don't have to name themselves to do it. You can just leave cash in the box.

People who trumpet the fact they donate to charity probably have issues or want people to know they are rich and generous, when a humble person can donate to charity as well and doesn't need to advertise the fact.
 
My gift would be time...or a watch that tells the time (if the person asks for one, or doesn't have a watch and needs one).

I can't always tell the time for someone. lol

And children need to learn how to read a round clock, not just digits.
 
Of course I know that you were joking Lynx.
I just keep a straight face and the emojis to myself.

But here...now I gift you an emoji - 🎁
I don't know whats inside, you'll have to open it to find out.